[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Chobitaz escribió:
Hello!

I've been trying out this build in Scourge and am actually really enjoying it!
Was wondering about one thing though; could someone explain why in the build Whispers of Doom is taken together with the Occultist ascension? What is the 3rd curse I'm not seeing?

Thanks for any help!

frostbite + elemental weakness + enfeeble
Got an Emperor's Wit drop. Would it be worth using over one of the other jewels in the build?
"
DrMaionese escribió:
Hi Im not sure how but it feels like Im taking much more damage then I should be. At 1800 ES and capped res I keep getting 2 shotted or just straight up deleted. I either just dont have enough damage for the leech to compensate or Im doing something wrong. Im not really used to ES builds so Im not sure this is a normal thing to occur.

Thx.

-DrMaionese

1800 ES? That is extremely low. Do you mean 1800 Int?
Seeing your profile, the ES rolls in your gear are very low.

But it's easy to fix :)
1) Get a Vaal Regalia with more than 400 ES. If it has Int, even better.
1) Get a Hubris Circlet as helmet, try to get above 200 ES (if you can get a Hunter influenced one for #% Increased Intelligence, even better!)
2) Get Sorcerer Gloves with at least 200 ES
3) Get The Stampede Boots, so you can anoint them with Wisdom of the Glade (+30 Int) or Mystic Talents (Spell dmg, ES, Mana regen and Int)
4) Your scourged ring is adding nothing but Ele resistances. Try to get one with ES and perhaps Int
Optional: An Astramentis amulet will solve your attributes issue until you have a ton of exalts to get an end-game one.

The above are easy patches to fix most of your ES problems.
Feel free to message me in-game, as I still have some items that can get you to 6k ES.
"
Kassakos escribió:
So, 1 week in scourge and I've spent about 3.5ex so far.
I have around 2,280 Int and 6,990 ES.

Damage:
Damage feels just "ok", to be honest I expected a lot more with more than 2k Int.

Defences:
As for defences, the build feels way too squishy.
Resistances are difficult to cap, and I'm not even wearing the Stampede boots to make room for some more resistances.
I can definitely feel that leeching is not performing as fast as it should and sometimes I will get 1-shot out of nowhere (even with all flasks up and tons of enemies to leech from).

Notable fights:
-A8 Conquerors take some time to kill (except Al-Hezmin, once he stops moving he's easy prey) but Baran especially is 1-shot fest (even lost all 6 portals once). I haven't tried Sirus yet because I can feel my pants getting soiled just by thinking about fighting him.
-Lost all 6 portals to Catarina after getting 1-shot (maybe the "Mortal" carpet attack? Still not sure).
-Enslaver was as tough as they come, had to get a friend to help because I couldn't sustain ES (even in Frost Shield) with all the tornados around.
-Eradicator was surprisingly a lot easier than I thought, only died because I messed up some Frostblinks.
-Constrictor was quite easy in terms of defences (thanks, CI!) but it took a lot of time (back to the damage being a bit low point)
-Hydra was going down a lot quicker, died a couple of times for bs reasons, like my hitbox being in front of her while I was clearly touching her back, or I walk right into a frost bolt.

Hopes:
I'm really hoping the build will kick off with more Int but for now, 3k Int seems way too far away.
Maybe getting better helmet/gloves/rings.
And seeing how low the damage is at 2k, I'm a bit pessimistic on how I can manage to get to 3k or if it will even be worth it.

Other than that, it's a good league and the content feels refreshed and nice :) If I can sort my damage and squishiness, it will be even better than Expedition for me ^^

However it turns out, thanks Kelvynn for the build, much appreciated ^^

Edit: typos and additions

Update for anyone having similar survivability issues!
(TL;DR: Drop Int to 2.1k, Invest in more than 8k ES, reduced RIPs by 90%)

After looking at poe.ninja, I realised that a lot of Int stackers are happy with 2.1k Int and invest a ton in ES.

I had some currency so I decided to experiment with this.
I had reached almost 2.5k Int, so I dropped around almost 300 Int and won 1.4k ES, so now I'm sitting at 2,175 Int and 8,414 ES. Damage-wise, it wasn't much of a loss.
I also realised I had not set up the CWDT gems (CWDT - IC - WoC). I couldn't get a 3rd red socket so I added Ele Weakness, as an extra curse in case this setup procs instead of the 5L.

The result is me playing with one hand until I reach a boss. It's super relaxing even in t16 rare maps.
Unless I roll some rippy mods (no regen, ele reflect, multi proj, crits, etc.) I literally just hold the 2 click buttons and move the mouse.
I've placed Vortex on the LMB and Cyclone on RMB, so holding them down clears everything almost instantly.

Resistances are still a pain to cap (with Cold being max uncapped for Wise Oak) but I dropped a Bismuth flask to get an Aquamarine to max Cold uncapped. You can check the flask set-up in my profile :)

With a better Chest and Amulet, I can probably hit 10k ES without dropping more Int.
And I'd be happy there, as with 8.4k ES already I face-tanked 2 out of 3 hits of Sirus's "DIE" beam, giving me time to dodge the last hit LOL

The set-up you see now in my profile did Elder deathless and A5 Sirus.
Damage (and subsequently leeching) is not amazing, but face-tanking otherwise lethal attacks is super fun! Now I only die if 1 of the aforementioned mods rolls or I receive multiple Phys dmg attacks.

Hope this helps :)
Hey! I've been loving the build so far, 2nd league using it (and playing the game at all for that matter), I was wondering how you would prioritize upgrades?Like do you go for % int chest or helm first? Or awakened/quality gems? And at what point would you swap to the cluster build? I think at this point in the build and league, every upgrade is a couple ex for me, if anyone could take a look at my character and offer some input on an order to focus, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance, and thanks for the build!
"
LocoCocoa escribió:
Hey! I've been loving the build so far, 2nd league using it (and playing the game at all for that matter), I was wondering how you would prioritize upgrades?Like do you go for % int chest or helm first? Or awakened/quality gems? And at what point would you swap to the cluster build? I think at this point in the build and league, every upgrade is a couple ex for me, if anyone could take a look at my character and offer some input on an order to focus, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance, and thanks for the build!

My typical order is:

1. 6% incr attributes on chest. Search for "of Hillock's Veil" chests for 1c each.

2. 8%-10% int on helm. Look for ilvl 75-79 hubrises. Hunter's orb is guaranteed to hit % int.

3. 8-12% int on chest. Look for ilvl 75-79 chests (if I remember correctly.) Crusader orb is about 40% to hit % int.

Note for #2 and #3 you need to ensure all prefixes are filled.

I normally search for a helm with 1 free suffix and chests with 2 free suffixes.

Hope that helps. Earlier in this thread there are more details on crafting these pieces.
"
Kassakos escribió:
"
DrMaionese escribió:
Hi Im not sure how but it feels like Im taking much more damage then I should be. At 1800 ES and capped res I keep getting 2 shotted or just straight up deleted. I either just dont have enough damage for the leech to compensate or Im doing something wrong. Im not really used to ES builds so Im not sure this is a normal thing to occur.

Thx.

-DrMaionese

1800 ES? That is extremely low. Do you mean 1800 Int?
Seeing your profile, the ES rolls in your gear are very low.

But it's easy to fix :)
1) Get a Vaal Regalia with more than 400 ES. If it has Int, even better.
1) Get a Hubris Circlet as helmet, try to get above 200 ES (if you can get a Hunter influenced one for #% Increased Intelligence, even better!)
2) Get Sorcerer Gloves with at least 200 ES
3) Get The Stampede Boots, so you can anoint them with Wisdom of the Glade (+30 Int) or Mystic Talents (Spell dmg, ES, Mana regen and Int)
4) Your scourged ring is adding nothing but Ele resistances. Try to get one with ES and perhaps Int
Optional: An Astramentis amulet will solve your attributes issue until you have a ton of exalts to get an end-game one.

The above are easy patches to fix most of your ES problems.
Feel free to message me in-game, as I still have some items that can get you to 6k ES.

Thx for the pointers. I have now just above 4.6k ES with 900 int at lvl 70.
The Stampedes really helped my clear and movement speed problems (didnt really know how the 150% value would work), bought some 1c ES gear with somewhat good int (tried not to spend too much) got an Astramentis, you were right it really helps with stats. All thats left now is get some better rings a good crystal belt and then keep upgrading the gear as I go. Again really appreciate the help, I was never good at ES/CI builds.

Thx a lot.

-DrMaionese
"
DrMaionese escribió:
a good crystal belt

-DrMaionese

No. Get a cyclopean coil instead, ideally 15% to attributes. You can enhance that to 18%. Later you can work on getting a synthesized belt.
Hello there !

I'm playing this build too, and I'm feeling kinda weak in term of damage. I have 10k ES and 2.1k int and can still improve a lot on gloves but I was wondering where does my lack of damage comes from?

I'm killing A8 conquerors in like 45 secondes and couldn't defeat Sirus because I spent like 3 - 4 minutes to go to last phase and then get OS too many times before i can even damage him.

I see people playing wave of conviction linked with IC and CWDT, is this compulsory?

Also, in my gem link setup I play CD but I see ppl playing cold pen, is this much better?

If someone can enlighten me I would be glad,

Thanks in advance and sorry if my english isn't perfect i'm french, don't judge !

++
build was a blast to play, but now i hit red maps and cant kill conquerors.
can someone educate me what upgrades i should but first to fix this?
preferably with estamated prices. thx!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional