[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
gruumine escribió:
Please read the following problem and how they solved it.

Problem:
Energy Shield is most often used with leech and regeneration like Life, rather than embracing its unique recharge mechanic.

one of the solution is: Energy Shield now recharges at a base amount of 33% per second (previously 20%).

Since we have no evasion and aways take hits... so the recharge dont start so often.

This build dont rely on recharge, but ES on hit / Leech and Regen.

To recharge when no monster to kill and leech, can use vaal discipline and the regen itself.

Recharge is used for builds with minions or long range caster skills.
Editado por útlima vez por whiterockxx en 21 oct. 2021 1:28:11
"
Kelvynn escribió:
3.16 Early analysis and plans

OK then, let's have some fun on the Occultist version in 3.16! I'm going to try and pre-update it before the league start.

just t obe clear, further discussion will be held in occultist's topic right?
Hi
i am/was considering this as my leaguestarter for 3.16.
A few questions i have:
1. How much average hit is in your opinion needed to do all the invitations to unlock the atlas passives (white, no feared) and conquerors/maven/sirus? When i tested this build in the last few days of expedition (did not go all the way to endgame), the damage uptime seemed really bad for bosses that move around much and it relied on tanking everything the enemies throw at it to "bind" them to a spot where the icestorms can hit them. I hit a wall on the warlord, since my dps was not high enough in leaguestarter gear to damage him significantly before he summons the next flags.
2. Are you going to use 2 small curse clusters now to get unnerve and culling? since curse clusters are now small, we will lose 2 sockets that way. i get about -30k avg. hit by doing that and moving the watchers eye around.
3. what was surprising to me is that emperors wit jewel is only providing about 2k avg hit more compared to a corrupted cold pen brute force at the high end
4. is using the thread of hope to get only 1 notable (heart of ice (6% pen + 30% inc. dmg)) really worth it for 1 jewel socket and at least -10% res?
5. how often do we hit per second on average while mapping and bossing? i am thinking of the elemental overload change. maybe a link other than controlled destruction is needed in 3.16 to keep it up.

A few suggestions i have for leaguestarting:
1. I think the body armour "incandescent heart" is really good for the cheap price when reaching maps.
20% dmg as extra chaos, 25% elemental hits reduction with ci and not bad es and armour values on the base.
2. maybe its possible to start as a trapper in the acts and go directly with the endgame path/tree for the cluster version, since almost all the trapper wheels are hit on the way and there is now the new "30 life on trap triggered by enemy"-mastery as a tinkerskin on the tree.

As usual i am drifting away from my "carefully planned" leaguestarter in the last 2 days before leaguestart. Probably going to yolo some even worse build in 3.16 start, if you cannot alleviate my fears. xD
Can someone explain the changes to the "Elemental Overload" Keystone
from
"40% more Elemental Damage if you've dealt a Crit in the past 8 seconds"
to
"Skills that have dealt a Critical Strike in the past 8 seconds deal 40% more Elemental Damage with Hits and Ailments"

Does that affect the gems we put in the Whispering Ice weapon?

1) Icestorm needs to crit by itself to trigger "Elemental Overload", so Controlled Destruction Support Gem is a bad idea now as it may affect the uptime of "Elemental Overload"?
2) Icestorm needs to be able to apply ailment to qualify for "Elemental Overload" so Elemental Focus Support Gem no longer can be used?

Elemental Focus Support: Supported Skills cannot inflict Elemental Ailments.

"
blackbox0121 escribió:
from
to
"Skills that have dealt a Critical Strike in the past 8 seconds deal 40% more Elemental Damage with Hits and Ailments"

1) Icestorm needs to crit by itself to trigger "Elemental Overload", so Controlled Destruction Support Gem is a bad idea now as it may affect the uptime of "Elemental Overload"?
2) Icestorm needs to be able to apply ailment to qualify for "Elemental Overload" so Elemental Focus Support Gem no longer can be used?

1 - The Icestorm needs to crit itself, thats true. I dont think that Controlled destroction be a problem, because we do lots of hits per second with Icestorm, and it will crit often.

2 - Thats false, the sentence "more Elemental Damage with Hits and Ailments" means that hits will do more damage, and if the skill inflict ailment like "ignite", the ignite will do more damage too. So elemental focus change nothing for us.
"
lamaikyl escribió:
Hi
i am/was considering this as my leaguestarter for 3.16.
A few questions i have:
1. How much average hit is in your opinion needed to do all the invitations to unlock the atlas passives (white, no feared) and conquerors/maven/sirus? When i tested this build in the last few days of expedition (did not go all the way to endgame), the damage uptime seemed really bad for bosses that move around much and it relied on tanking everything the enemies throw at it to "bind" them to a spot where the icestorms can hit them. I hit a wall on the warlord, since my dps was not high enough in leaguestarter gear to damage him significantly before he summons the next flags.

Too subjective to answer. Everybody has their own ideas of 'good' or 'bad' damage. You only did some limited testing with poor gear. You are definitely not meant to kill any Conquerors with league starter gear. All my videos have a PoB snapshot in the description where you can see the exact gear and stats that were used to produce the result shown in the video.

"
2. Are you going to use 2 small curse clusters now to get unnerve and culling? since curse clusters are now small, we will lose 2 sockets that way.

The curse cluster looks dead and not worth using anymore. Depending on how the new ACD gem actually works, Unnerve can be obtained there. Or maybe on Megalomaniac. It's an endgame thing, we'll see about it later.

"
4. is using the thread of hope to get only 1 notable (heart of ice (6% pen + 30% inc. dmg)) really worth it for 1 jewel socket and at least -10% res?

Yes. Unless somebody can show a better alternative.

"
5. how often do we hit per second on average while mapping and bossing? i am thinking of the elemental overload change. maybe a link other than controlled destruction is needed in 3.16 to keep it up.

Icestorm hits 5 times per second and you can have 5 storms at the same time, i.e. 25 hits per second.

"

A few suggestions i have for leaguestarting:
1. I think the body armour "incandescent heart" is really good for the cheap price when reaching maps.

It has 0 Int.

"
2. maybe its possible to start as a trapper in the acts and go directly with the endgame path/tree for the cluster version, since almost all the trapper wheels are hit on the way and there is now the new "30 life on trap triggered by enemy"-mastery as a tinkerskin on the tree.

Starting with the cluster tree would be a nightmare. Don't do it.
"
adambog escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:
3.16 Early analysis and plans

OK then, let's have some fun on the Occultist version in 3.16! I'm going to try and pre-update it before the league start.

just t obe clear, further discussion will be held in occultist's topic right?

I will move there after pre-updating it for 3.16 (later today).
"
blackbox0121 escribió:

Nothing changes about EO for this build. It was changed to nerf the builds that used a secondary skill to produce crits and trigger EO that would then empower other skills that did not actually crit. We use Icestorm for both crits and main damage.
"
whiterockxx escribió:
"
blackbox0121 escribió:
from
to

1 - The Icestorm needs to crit itself, thats true. I dont think that Controlled destroction be a problem, because we do lots of hits per second with Icestorm, and it will crit often.

2 - Thats false, the sentence "more Elemental Damage with Hits and Ailments" means that hits will do more damage, and if the skill inflict ailment like "ignite", the ignite will do more damage too. So elemental focus change nothing for us.

Thanks, I am relieved now and will try the build again this league!
"
Kelvynn escribió:

"

Yes. Unless somebody can show a better alternative.

I just imported your pob (occultist). Just did a quick check. You could use a rare jewel like this and use the free skill point for deep wisdom.

"
Kelvynn escribió:

"

Icestorm hits 5 times per second and you can have 5 storms at the same time, i.e. 25 hits per second.

Your build has only 1,56 crit chance. If i remember correctly crit is calculated per cast and not per hit. So i think 1,56 crit is bit low for reliable elemental overload. Or was this changed to proc per hit?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional