[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

at archwerewolf

Do you think the fortify loss is so much a problem. I played the whole league without fortify. And with aspect of spider should blind be compensable ?
If we use a armor ex chest (as es should be much higher on chests this league) what amount of armour we need to compensate fortify?

We are still immun against most things. Only phys dmg is a really problem.

For me the no reggen thing is much more a problem as i then need mobs to leech and cant run away from boss or mobs and regenerate and then go back.
Degen in high-Scourge map might be an issue. We will find out.
"
ichbinwerichbi escribió:
at archwerewolf

Do you think the fortify loss is so much a problem. I played the whole league without fortify. And with aspect of spider should blind be compensable ?
If we use a armor ex chest (as es should be much higher on chests this league) what amount of armour we need to compensate fortify?

We are still immun against most things. Only phys dmg is a really problem.

For me the no reggen thing is much more a problem as i then need mobs to leech and cant run away from boss or mobs and regenerate and then go back.

hm why spider compensate blind?

aspect of spider only -30% move speed and 5% dmg per stack

blind was lower chance to hit of the affected target by 50%

and in 3.16
it's "Blinded now causes targets to have 20% less Accuracy Rating and Evasion Rating. This change makes it so Blind is of no defensive help to characters who have no Evasion, but helps if you do."

Fortify was - a buff that grants the player 20% less damage taken from hits for 4 seconds

and in 3.16
"Sources of Fortify now grant a number of stacks of Fortification based on the percentage of the enemy's ailment threshold dealt by the hit that applied Fortify to you, with a large bonus to fortification stack generation against rare and unique monsters.
You have 1% less damage taken from hits for each stack of Fortification, and Fortification lasts 5 seconds by default. Fortification from multiple melee hits or different sources stacks, up to a default cap of 20 stacks. You can only gain Fortification stacks from one hit every 0.2 seconds"

20% less dmg ...
if not mistaken 1.5k armour ~20 phys dmg red

and yeah no regen bad, but without ghost reaver only 2k ES leech vs 4k with him
Editado por útlima vez por archwerewolf en 20 oct. 2021 7:36:01
For me the targets was dead (when slowed with spider) till they reached me. So no Problem with it.

But perhaps i didnd realise what blind did as i cant see if a target fail while blinded or its dead bevor it reaches me.

1,5 k armour is really a lot.

what the fortification change is i cant understand.

As i understand was til now 20 % less dmg from hits and new i must get hit for less dmg ? as i get hit often i get more stacks -> less dmg ????

for me the flesh and stone destroying is the biggest fail :-(.

We will see how bad it would be. Til now we found every league a way to make it work. So i hope this will be with new corrupt and so compensate.
3.16 Early analysis and plans

PoB is currently still not fully updated with the 3.16 changes. But the tree is there. And I was able to make some early plans and see approximately how this is going to play out.

Since we are planning for the whole 3.16 league, all the way in, I took my final character from 3.15 as a foundation to see what can be expected.

3.15 WI Ascendant Final Lv 100
Key stats: 3.5k Int, 15.5k ES, 300k avg hit vs Sirus

This is a fully developed lv 100 character with expensive endgame gear. Now let's see, if I have the same gear in 3.16 - how could that go?

One note right away: in 3.16 I will no longer need Cyclopean Coil and can upgrade to a synthesized %Int belt for a significant Int boost and extra stats such as more resistances if needed.

What changes in 3.16? There are some important nerfs in the tree:
- Stat nodes are further apart, removing most of the Brute Force / Fertile Mind conversion overlaps;
- Every good notable but Heart of Ice has been moved out of the Thread of Hope radius;
- Extra ES from mana has been moved from Arcane Will to the new ES Mastery;
- Fortify is presumably dead for non-melee builds, therefore we are not going to include any Megalomaniac jewels by default.

What we are looking for in 3.16? The awesome new Masteries:
- Attributes Mastery: 5% inc Attributes;
- Caster Mastery: 1% inc spell damage per 16 Int;
- Elemental or Cold Mastery: 3% or 5% stronger cold exposure;
- Leech Mastery: 30% inc ES leech cap;
- ES Mastery: 3% max mana as +max ES.

Here's what I was able to come up with:

3.16 WI Ascendant Project Lv 100
Key stats: 3.4k Int, 15k ES, 306k avg hit vs Sirus

Slightly less ES and slightly more damage. But that's still with Cyclopean Coil. With an %Int belt it will be noticeable upgrade. This is a buff!

Now, the new uber content in 3.16 makes the Occultist version look very attractive with its extra clear speed and Profane Bloom explosions. Can that be done? And how much boss damage will have to be sacrificed compared to the Ascendant?

Occultist is different from Ascendant in these ways:
- doesn't have extra Int and +5 skill points from the Ascendancy;
- not immune to stun (unless you trade either a massive amount of damage or AoE explosions for it);
- has stronger CC;
- applies stronger debuffs;
- applies some debuffs without getting hit;
- curses Hexproof enemies;
- AoE explosions!

The main difference from the Ascendant is that we have to take the new Tolerance cluster for 4 skill points to obtain 70% stun avoidance. For full stun immunity you can craft a 25% mod on gloves, or Harvest craft some jewels with 10% stun avoid enchantment. But 70% looks safe enough already.

3.16 WI Occultist Project Lv 100
Key stats: 3.1k Int, 14k ES, 310k avg hit vs Sirus

Now that's a surprise! Int in itself doesn't matter, it's here to get damage and ES. But the difference from the Ascendant is not at all what I though it would be. You lose 1k ES but do actually more damage, and you gain the massive clear speed and better CC!

There is also a lack of Str and Dex on the Occultist caused by the particular choice of the uber amulet that I was using on the Ascendant in 3.15. But that's a very high end gearing issue. Don't need to worry about it until you are VERY well geared.

OK then, let's have some fun on the Occultist version in 3.16! I'm going to try and pre-update it before the league start.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 20 oct. 2021 13:22:19
Don’t forget.

Adding an Implicit modifier with 20-25% chance to Avoid Ignite/Chill/Freeze/Shock/Poison/Bleed/Stun is now a possible outcome when Corrupting all Jewels.
Also: Awakened Cast while Channelling now grants “Avoid Interruption from Stuns While Using Supported Skills” at gem level 5.
"
gruumine escribió:
Don’t forget.

Adding an Implicit modifier with 20-25% chance to Avoid Ignite/Chill/Freeze/Shock/Poison/Bleed/Stun is now a possible outcome when Corrupting all Jewels.

Then the Occultist won't even need to spend 4 points on stun avoidance. Just corrupt 4 jewels. Even better!

However, I forgot another important thing: Occultist uses a Blasphemy aura to insta-curse everything around her and facilitate Profane Bloom explosions. So she will likely have to spend those same points on Sovereignty.

Or maybe both versions will have to do that because PoB is still not updated with all the new reservation changes and I don't know how much actual mana we have. But we'll worry about that later.
Another concern in 3.16 is the loss of ES recharge (the nerf to Ghost Reaver). We have some ES regen but it's slow (1-2% per second depending on the choice of nodes near Shaper).

When you have taken a lot of damage and there is nothing to leech from (e.g. invulnerable boss phase) - how bad will that be?

Then again, if it's bad then we can drop Ghost Reaver and maybe keep Ethereal Feast even in the cluster tree.

Something to be seen later.
Please read the following problem and how they solved it.

Problem:
Energy Shield is most often used with leech and regeneration like Life, rather than embracing its unique recharge mechanic.

one of the solution is: Energy Shield now recharges at a base amount of 33% per second (previously 20%).

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional