[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Okay that's great to know, I'll get around to anointing my boots soon then. Just ran into the NPC in Maps so I can actually do that now.

Not sure if it'll be better for me to Divine or to buy a maxed Astramentis before Catalysing that, so I'll have to give that a think. Maybe keep an eye out for bargains.

This is a more broad question to everyone; How do you go about upgrading your rares?

I.e do you focus on getting amazing rings so you don't have to be so picky with the other pieces, or do you try to pick up amazing other pieces so you can focus on Int/ES on the Rings?

Upgrading my rares is usually where I get bogged down in a build, especially since when things start to go past the 15-20c range I'm never actually sure if they're worth the cost.
"
Zephryl escribió:
Okay that's great to know, I'll get around to anointing my boots soon then. Just ran into the NPC in Maps so I can actually do that now.

Not sure if it'll be better for me to Divine or to buy a maxed Astramentis before Catalysing that, so I'll have to give that a think. Maybe keep an eye out for bargains.

This is a more broad question to everyone; How do you go about upgrading your rares?

I.e do you focus on getting amazing rings so you don't have to be so picky with the other pieces, or do you try to pick up amazing other pieces so you can focus on Int/ES on the Rings?

Upgrading my rares is usually where I get bogged down in a build, especially since when things start to go past the 15-20c range I'm never actually sure if they're worth the cost.

re: astramentis
it doesnt have to be absolutely perfect tbh, just within 90ish raw should be enough for now anyways. if you're committing to tranquility maybe you have 80c to throw at a perfect one but atm just get something in like the 95-97 range isn't too expensive if you don't like gambling (blessed orbs are also cheap so getting +16 on implicit is easy)
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/4moVXrMc9

re: wise oak
it's honestly worth taking if you can get cold res higher than the others cos you get the penetration. you lose the defensive bonus, but balancing wise oak resists is an absolute pain in the ass.

as for upgrades, kinda just feel out where you are and see if you need a midrange upgrade or not. often times it just depends on your playstyle, how much your build scales with gear, how fast you can farm currency, and how fast you want to push higher content.
like to one player, 50c can be a huge upgrade, while to another player, 50c is basically nothing. so depending on your own playstyle and preferences, you can decide what to upgrade and when.

most of the time i try to move as many resists as I can into non-dps gear slots, though which pieces are "non-dps slots" varies per build. in general, a lot of builds use unique chestpieces (i know this one doesn't LOL), amulets and weapons are huge dps spots, so move res onto the rest of the gear whenever possible.

the downside is that because you want int on EVERY piece of gear, it can be difficult to keep your resistances capped (since int is suffix, so we can only have 2x res on each gearpiece). but as long as you do that, you should be fine to just push your int and ES higher.

but i mean early on you can just try to push int higher and use purity of elements to cap resistances if needed, or you can bootstrap them on jewels if you don't have enough space on gear (though jewels can only give like 10-15% each res)

also remember in trade you can search % total resistances when buying gear

sorry that's not really a great answer LOL but i guess the gist is cap res and buy the upgrades you can afford at the pace you want to play, really.

Editado por útlima vez por airesettia en 25 ene. 2021 23:40:34
"
Zephryl escribió:

I'm not sure everyone will agree with me but here is my opinion :

Unless you try to reach perfect gear ( and you are not there at the moment if i understand well ), getting resistances is easy on rings by using two stone rings ( use blessing orbs on it, it is really cheap ).
That's right intel is a suffixe and we need to have it on every part of our equipment because it's our main way to earn dps and ES.

You can get good rings ( not perfect ones ofc but efficient ) for arround 15 20c usually. You can also use one jewel to fix resistances if needed ( if you look at my gear and jewels, i use one to fix the lack of resists i will have by switching my armor to one with %increased intel & % increase attribute when i ll succeed to craft one ). At your point, you can get the anointment for diamond skin which is really cheap and help a lot until you get the gear you want.

Usually i aim for a "good stuff", to do T15 and T16 maps without spending a lot of currencies ( again if you look at my stuff, only my belt and helmet cost me more than 40 50c, cause i had to buy a hunter exalted orb, got a bad roll so i ll try with another later but currently it's enought to run t16 maps and shaper guardian ), i've crafted my gloves when i was lv 75 and aspect of the spider is a good dps boost ). I only got tranquility when i reached lv 90 because it is quite expensive in a starting league.

When i have this good stuff ( which allow me to farm T16 maps, even shaper guardian/shaper so i can get the currencies to go further ), i start aiming for a "very good and expensive stuff" , i look for the best item for one piece without thinking too much about what i already have. In this build i think the helmet and the body armour are the most efficient part except for perfect amulet ( which is soooo expensive, i ll stay on astramentis ) so it is the fisrt items i would buy after getting a decent gear. When i got it, i can think about the others, trying to get the good resistances and all. Only mandatory thing is intel on all pieces.

To answer more precisely to your question, i think your left ring is really good, but your right ring isn't. I think it's the 1st thing i'll change on your stuff if i were you. After that i would have changed your body armour to one with more ES because 260 seems pretty low. I think arround 450 ES is a minimum. If you can't afford one with the % increased intel cause they cost arround 8ex at the moment, you can get one without and get the % increased intel mod on an helmet ( if you follow the guide, it's written how to craft it easily ). It will cost you the price of the hunter exalted orb cause the base item is pretty cheap. I think that's the things i would aim if i were you.

Beside that you mainly need to level up to get passives. At the time you have a pure talent jewel on the left of your tree, i think with just one more level you could take the socket jewel just above elemental equilibrium and put you pure talent in, in order to pute a brute force solution ( cost nothing ) on the left socket for a + 60 intel more or less. After that, you could aim for the socket at the bottom of scion start ( i would have take this before getting arround 85 because getting the dext nodes on the path will change the balance of your stats and you could loose the ignite immunity. At low level it's not so important but after, it will take longer to get the passives needed to get to the jewel and change them into intel nodes ).

That's it, sorry if that's too long ^^
if anyone desagree with me on some points, fell free to say it, i would be interested in an other opinion if that's it.
Editado por útlima vez por Natchoum en 26 ene. 2021 7:45:19
Thanks for the replies!

I ended up upgrading my gloves so I could slot in Spider, and swapping out one of my rings for now and then Anointed my boots (The last socket is still being incredibly stubborn, so, no Increased Duration for me...)

I looked into a Helm, but, currently there wasn't any good options. The Ex orb to craft the %Int is fairly pricey, and there's no decent-and-cheap Helms to craft it on, so it would turn out to be a very big investment.

I think at the moment I'm going to work on Divining and Catalysing my Astramentis (Do I have to Divine before I Cat? Or can I just use Catalysts as I get them?) and then see if the Helm situation is any better.

Pure Talent was in a weird spot because I got it super early, and completely forgot I could move it and put in better jewel. Level 80 now so I've gotten a couple extra jewel sockets and shuffled them around.

I got my Armour for like 10-15c and used a Jeweller's Touch I had on it, so I'm super thrilled with it but I'm keeping an eye out for an upgrade, just not sure if I want to shell out an Ex for another stop-gap upgrade or wait and try to actually craft one... I've had awful luck with crafting, so I'm very iffy about it.
"
Zephryl escribió:
Thanks for the replies!

I ended up upgrading my gloves so I could slot in Spider, and swapping out one of my rings for now and then Anointed my boots (The last socket is still being incredibly stubborn, so, no Increased Duration for me...)

I looked into a Helm, but, currently there wasn't any good options. The Ex orb to craft the %Int is fairly pricey, and there's no decent-and-cheap Helms to craft it on, so it would turn out to be a very big investment.

I think at the moment I'm going to work on Divining and Catalysing my Astramentis (Do I have to Divine before I Cat? Or can I just use Catalysts as I get them?) and then see if the Helm situation is any better.

Pure Talent was in a weird spot because I got it super early, and completely forgot I could move it and put in better jewel. Level 80 now so I've gotten a couple extra jewel sockets and shuffled them around.

I got my Armour for like 10-15c and used a Jeweller's Touch I had on it, so I'm super thrilled with it but I'm keeping an eye out for an upgrade, just not sure if I want to shell out an Ex for another stop-gap upgrade or wait and try to actually craft one... I've had awful luck with crafting, so I'm very iffy about it.

You're welcome.

Sure, crafting is RNG based so it can be awfull if you have bad luck ( i'm at my 5th try to get my armour without success :S I start too fear i should have buy it for 8ex instead of wasting so much currencies crafting what i need ). That's why i still don't have the % increased intel mod on it at the moment, i've taken a good ES armour with int to use until i can have a really one because you need a big amount of ES to avoid beeing OS by some bosses when you can't move to evade the hit.

For your amu, you have to divine it before using catalyst or you will loose 2 to 5% quality at each time you divine it if i can tell from my experience. Jewelleries ( amu/rings/belt ) loose quality when you reroll the item for new mods or to change the mods value ( i'm sure about that, not so sure about the amount lost, it is RNG based once more, 2-5% is what i have experimented ).

For your helmet, don't be in an hurry, wait to find the right item at a decent price, it is often on sale. You just need one with 3 prefixes and 2 sufixes, got mine for 5 10c if i remember correctly ( plus the cost of the hunter's exalt orb ). You should wait until you find the right base and when that's done you can save for the hunter exalt if that's too pricey at the time.

You can keep your body armour for the time being if you don't run high tier map. I don't know how much ES you have but i feel like you need arround 7-8k ES to run T15 T16 maps without wiping ( because you still need some xp ).

For your sockets on boots, are you trying to craft the 3 red with craft socket method like showed in the guide ? usually we have a lot of jewellers due to the 6s loot.

I hope i have been helpful, if you have more questions, feel free to ask here or in PM.
Editado por útlima vez por Natchoum en 26 ene. 2021 9:42:52
I'll definitely keep an eye out for an actually affordable helm then.

At the moment I've only just recently gotten to maps, so I'm still running through white maps for Atlas and to actually get more maps. I think T5 is the highest I've run. (Although, I did go and do Atziri to get a Flask as literally my very first map).

I believe I'm sitting at a little over 5k ES at the moment.
I don't know how far you can go with 5k without too much deaths. I've switched armour to do T10+ maps if i remember correctly because dying in merciless is a pain when you try to level up ( i was at 4.5k and reach arround 6k at this time ).

But you can earn currencies pretty easily in this league if you check the prices of ritual rewards ( got some items i've sold for more than 50c ) without going in high tier so you don't need to go to T15/T16 before you have more ES.

If i may, i've earn a great deal of xp by delving, if you don't try to reach depth, it's really efficient to level up. And earning skill points with intel may give you enough ES to keep this armour until you have the currencies to change it.

Sorry if i say things you already know, i can get a bit carried away sometimes ^^
I picked up a Megalomaniac on SC Trade for 20C this morning that had Cold to the Core and Enduring Focus on it. Pretty good deal IMO as the Enduring Focus gives e consistent Endurance Charge generation which is nice for the extra mitigation and Immortal Call synergy.

I am currently 74 with 1707 INT and 5.6K ES.
re: ES/gear
you wanna hit like 6-7k by the time you get to red maps, I think in blight league I killed shaper/elder with around 6k but this was before the whole awakening level atlas rework so I probably couldn't do it anymore with my boomer hands and crappy mechanics lol. Fortify will help but lower your damage over Inspiration.

depending how comfortable you feel about pushing content, I'd say make a 400-500ES chest work without the %int, nab the cluster jewels with split personality, then upgrade to the shaper/crusader regalia.

as a general thing, if you're buying an expensive gear piece, always figure out how much it costs, if it's cheaper to craft (ie. chestpiece should cost around 1ex in Alterations and 2ex to multimod, so if you find one listed for less than 3ex, just buy it) and import your character into PoB to see where your ES/Int numbers end up after you make the change.

you can copy/paste items straight into PoB, it's quite nifty.
Editado por útlima vez por airesettia en 26 ene. 2021 16:27:39
A small update

Apparently, some recent patch to PoB broke the Medium cluster at the top of the tree in the Lv 100 PoB, so it looked like there was only 1 Split Personality.

Fixed and re-shared.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional