[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

When's a good level to start using Clusters?
I'm thinking about switching to cluster jewel version, but there is something i don't understand. There's 3 curses in the 6L body armour, but i only see occultist ascendency which gave one more curse. How do you play 3 without whisper of doom or any +1 curse on gear ?

Thanks for this build btw, i had never played an icestorm build and i love it at the time.
Editado por útlima vez por Natchoum en 24 ene. 2021 20:58:25
"
Natchoum escribió:
I'm thinking about switching to cluster jewel version, but there is something i don't understand. There's 3 curses in the 6L body armour, but i only see occultist ascendency which gave one more curse. How do you play 3 without whisper of doom or any +1 curse on gear ?

Thanks for this build btw, i had never played an icestorm build and i love it at the time.

Awakened Hextouch allows the linked skill to apply an extra curse
"
Natchoum escribió:

As Zephryl said, Awakened Hextouch gives +1 but it's like 10 ex right now, too crazy. Personally I just diverted 4 skills points to get Whispers of Doom (next to Chaos Inoculation), until I can afford Awakened Hextouch.
"
Icemasta escribió:
"
Natchoum escribió:

As Zephryl said, Awakened Hextouch gives +1 but it's like 10 ex right now, too crazy. Personally I just diverted 4 skills points to get Whispers of Doom (next to Chaos Inoculation), until I can afford Awakened Hextouch.

Alternatively, throw Blade Blast in the 6L in place of the 3rd curse (Elemental Weakness) for the Unnerve effect (Unnerved enemies take 10% increased spell damage), until you can get Awakened Hextouch. Since that last slot is just there for damage amplification, BB serves the same (albeit a smaller) purpose.
Editado por útlima vez por Seiyashi7184 en 24 ene. 2021 23:10:03
So, just got to the point of starting to map now and wondering what my priority on gear upgrading should be?

Got my first ex drop, so I can probably buy something nice now instead at looking for the budget <10c options.
"
Zephryl escribió:
So, just got to the point of starting to map now and wondering what my priority on gear upgrading should be?

Got my first ex drop, so I can probably buy something nice now instead at looking for the budget <10c options.

get a max roll cyclopean (xedit: mb get an uncorrupted one if you can afford and toss catalysts on it)
divine astramentis and anoint it (mystic talents should be fine for your budget, gold oils are still like 50c rn and historically they fall from there), catalyst it too
try to move a couple more res to your right ring so you can eventually drop them from chest
anoint the boots too with a cheap 30 int node if nothing else (half the reason you use stampede is for 2x anoints)

from there it kinda depends on how you feel about your survivability/dmg, you'll need around 3ex to craft your endgame chestpiece so you can save up for that, or see about picking up cluster jewels

also re: clusters
have all the jewels & respec points prepped, i think you'll need to be at least lv. 86-87 at a bare minimum
Editado por útlima vez por airesettia en 25 ene. 2021 8:09:16
Awesome, thanks!

I'll have to look into anointing tomorrow then, looks like that's my next step forward while I keep an eye out for a better Ring.

I assume you can only have one of each type of Anointment? So the goal would be Tranquility and Mystic Talents eventually?

Does it matter if I use catalysts before/after Anointing? I don't wanna lock myself out of something like Corruption would. I didn't play in either of those leagues, so, still new to what they all do.
Has anyone considered replacing the Ball Lightning for the curse setup with Hydrosphere?
Thanks for all your answers, i'm not used to awakened gems, i haven't play since before there release, i ll just try with whisper of doom until i can buy it like you said.

@Zephryl :

You can use catalyst before or after anointment, anointments works like enchant an doesn't count like a mod roll ( these one you have to do them before using catalyst or the quality will go down fastly ). And anointments doesn't lock your items, you can modify them afterward.

Mystic talent & tranquility are your goal but you can use Diamond Skin until you have tranquility ( or until your resistances are fixed ) because sometime, switching part of your stuff will change your resists a lot. It's more about QOL ( i've switched to tranquility & mystic talent arround lv 90 after i had bought or craft most of my stuff ). As they have said previously tranquility is a bit expensive at the time if you have just started mapping and is not a must have before you go on high level map in my opinion.

And if your resists are already well balanced, wise oak is a good and cheap option to improve your dps
Editado por útlima vez por Natchoum en 25 ene. 2021 12:15:37

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional