[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
ikarnus2 escribió:
Hi, I want to league start 3.13 with this build.

At the beginning of the league (day 1) how expensive tends to be The Whispering ice?

I know it's not a sought after unique but I'm not sure how feasible it's to obtain it day 1.

Thanks.

Last couple of leagues you would see a staff up for sale about 4-5 hours in for a few chaos. An ilvl 50+ 18% one typically takes until the late evening to be available. You can sometimes snipe them for 1c from people that just want to get rid of them, so keep the search active.

I normally use my early chaos to buy polymath cards (after the staff.) Astramentis always increases in price from day 1 to day 4-5, so get the cards asap.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 8 ene. 2021 4:06:01
"
Jadran escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:
I've used this build as a league starter in many leagues, but I don't race to the maps. I have a regular job, and I get home 4 hours after the servers open.

So many 40/40s you've had and how do you do that with a regular job?? Must be magic (or the power of the WI build) :)

I'm looking to try this one in 3.13, should be good since it looks like a boss killing league. Also, looking forward to performance changes to Icestorm, I haven't playd WI since they were introduced.

12 :) I don't have a streamer-like play time, but I always have a plan how to finish all challenges. This build is the most versatile and stable one I've ever seen. It's never meta, never the fastest and never the best at any particular thing, but it can do everything reliably and doesn't require much skill or mirror budget.

3.13 should be a good league. Those Ritual fights are about surviving and sustaining - that's exactly what this build does.
"
pda898 escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:
This is sexy! I'm really tempted to go with Occultist. But we don't know yet, how much of this (or the Inquisitor changes) will be given to the Ascendant.

Idk, looks pretty weak for me because the only thing which is changed is 15% more damage. And you have to pay 4 skill points, ailment immunity (which is kinda huge), and you have to give up 1 more curse (or stun immunity but you do not play cyclone w/o it).

It's anything but weak. Occultist always had stronger defenses than Ascendant. In some leagues we were actually using Occultist:
Uber Lab at lv 72 on the second day of the league
Almost facetanking Uber Elder
And that's before the Cyclone rework, anointments and a lot of other great stuff that was added in the last 2 years.

Void Beacon - Frigid Wake is a no-brainer, must grab. Auto-debuffing and freezing everything (even bosses) was always great, but now with 15% MORE damage! Some people were spending huge resources to add Hatred for the same thing. Ascendant's main advantage over Occultist has been her higher Int from Ascendancy and extra skill points. But 15% MORE damage might just be the big equalizer.

Malediction is not just an extra curse either. It's a very nice debuff too. It was previously hidden behind Profane Bloom, but now you can take it directly.

So the big choice in 3.13 is between Profane Bloom and Vile Bastion. Profane Bloom got buffed to 40% explode chance and should be awesome for clear speed. But Vile Bastion is stun immunity and regen. We don't need much regen since we mostly leech. And stun immunity or stun avoidance costs only 3 skill points now.

Occultist will definitely be viable with strong defenses and clear speed. Just need to see the changes to Ascendant to make a decision. Maybe Ascendant will get even better.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 8 ene. 2021 13:26:19
"
Kelvynn escribió:

12 :) I don't have a streamer-like play time, but I always have a plan how to finish all challenges. This build is the most versatile and stable one I've ever seen. It's never meta, never the fastest and never the best at any particular thing, but it can do everything reliably and doesn't require much skill or mirror budget.

3.13 should be a good league. Those Ritual fights are about surviving and sustaining - that's exactly what this build does.

Thats exactly the difference :-) I have no plan at the beginning of the league to get 40/40. I only look for 36/40 as the grinding ones normaly need to much time with no fun for me.
But this league with the extra time i got them. And that only because of that build and the league mechanic.

IF next league has no extremly changes to the build or (what i fear) has extremly hard bosses wich you cant kill without knowing how exactly the fight will work, it will be a funny league with this build.
As a sidenote how dump i can be is that i needet 4 sirus fight to recognice that not the big guy on the throne is to kill but the small one i allways oversaw. But this league i could kill him at a8 with no portal left. Thats a big goal for me as now no boss left i havent killed myself with that build.
And as its seems there is no time limit for the fights the only problem I have with the build is that the running speed isnt so high (legion) or the kill speed isnt hight enought (blight and legion 4 or 5 fractions).
So i am a little bit hyped but also totaly confused about the new league as i have NO idea how to use the massivly more stones in a good way to get out the best from it. Normaly i sell all this atlas stones as a have no idea how to get out more money from using it as from selling it. And now the make skilltree for atlas and MORE stones.
I dont like to study 4 years game design to understand the best strategie.

On the other side the harvest thing looks really nice now. But also the same. harvest craft, essence craft, fossil craft chaos spamming crusader hunter or awakener orb crafting implizit mods and so on.

And now MORE new crafting orbs

Oh boy that will surly be funny but i fear i will be totaly lost and only collect currency and buy the good things :-) :-(
"
ichbinwerichbi escribió:
So i am a little bit hyped but also totaly confused about the new league as i have NO idea how to use the massivly more stones in a good way to get out the best from it.

The new 'mini-ascendancy' in each region look fantastic. You will get 10 points to spend in each, to buff various league mechanics.

I plan to buff Delve, Breach, Beyond, Delirium (if it's available) and Harvest - all the stuff that gives more xp and can drop useful things for this build. Extra ghosts and boxes seem to be the inferior choices. Incursion and Legion are kinda useless to us.
I guess im going to start the new league with this build seems decent.
Kelvynn, can you make pob build for occultist and jewels? I guess next league i''l be playing this amazing build again.
I know Kel has a leveling guide up here already, but was wondering if some of you regulars start off differently? Scion isn't the smoothest starter from experience haha.
Are u gonna update that build for 3.13 ? i really want to use it next league
The leveling trees seem wrong?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional