[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Is this a build that one could do as a league starter, or does it require too much upfront or high cost investment?
"
Kelvynn escribió:
All Ascendancy changes have been revealed. Ascendant nodes used by this build remain largerly unchanged. 2% additional resist penetration on Inquisitor, but nothing at all changed on Occultist and no new juicy stuff. Kinda underwhelming.

Now I'm going to play with PoB, try and design an Occultist tree with the same gear as my Ascendant, and see where it would end up with the new changes. Stay tuned.

Check also Elementalist - Convergence looks like something which could be useful, Shaper of Storms effectively the same as Occultist "buff", and then we can decide between Shaper of Winter or Bastion of Elements.
Thinking Occultist tree would look something like this in 3.13:
https://pastebin.com/LxmeSbrB

Even longer distance to start for Split Personality than we had previously.
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Editado por útlima vez por f4ward en 12 ene. 2021 3:35:41
so what do the pros saying? witch or scion i am confused :o

why not elementlist for the 30% on unqie evenmy and 60 more aoe for clear?
Editado por útlima vez por phantom_god en 12 ene. 2021 8:31:02
"
f4ward escribió:
Thinking Occultist tree would look something like this in 3.13:
https://pastebin.com/LxmeSbrB

Even longer distance to start for Split Personality than we had previously.

it;s look nice with a lot of place for improvement from gear
i quickly clicked together this tree (no split personality) for my old harvest character. im not quite experienced but wont hurt to post i think.

https://pastebin.com/xc6Lx8KW

I lost around ~250 int, which is understandable since less passive points and losing flat int from ascendand.

Damage is around the same though, even a little bit more (i put 15% more and 10% inc cold dmg from frigid wake on a flask to simulate the changes)

ES took a "big" hit from that lost int, however it is manageable i think. We trade it with other goodies like Malediction (Enemies deal 10% less damgage) and corpse explosion from
profane bloom.
I took unwavering stance for stun immunity and to pick up 15% ele-res nearby. It was kind of a problem to get enough res on the tree, but i think it is really important since we are using a lot of suffixes for intelligence. Might even consider to help alira, idk.
"
phantom_god escribió:

Elementalist with the new changes: the obvious choices would be Shaper of Storms (enemies take 15% increased damage), Mastermind of Discord (-25% resist debuff), Heart of Destruction (30% MORE damage vs bosses half of the time, or Inc AoE vs trash), and Bastion of Elements (reflect immunity, 6% all res, ~1k passive shield). Other Shapers do nothing for us as they require big hits to matter.

How does this compare to Occultist? 30% MORE damage half of the time is about the same as 15% MORE damage all the time that Occultist gets from Frigid Wake. -25% resist debuff is much weaker than -20% plus an extra curse with increased effect (Void Beacon + Malediction). Enemies taking 15% inc damage is a bit better than enemies taking 10% inc damage (Malediction). However, it's additive (increased), not multiplicative (MORE) and adds together with a similar debuff from Aspect of the Spider - making the overall difference less significant.

So, damage on Elementalist is about the same as on Occultist against bosses, and much weaker against trash. But it doesn't have the defenses of the Occultist (enemies deal 20% reduced damage; freeze and chill immunity; enemies part time frozen) or the clear speed (Profane Bloom explosions). We take about 10 notables on the tree, so the passive Aegis shield would be about 1k against when you start taking damage, and then it's gone until you stop taking damage - that's nothing for an endgame tank build.

And they both have an exotic feature (reflect immunity vs ignoring hexproof).

Overall, I don't see a reason to take Elementalist over Occultist.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 12 ene. 2021 12:49:07
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
phantom_god escribió:

Elementalist with the new changes: the obvious choices would be Shaper of Storms (enemies take 15% increased damage), Mastermind of Discord (-25% resist debuff), Heart of Destruction (30% MORE damage vs bosses half of the time, or Inc AoE vs trash), and Bastion of Elements (reflect immunity, 6% all res, ~1k passive shield). Other Shapers do nothing for us as they require big hits to matter.

How does this compare to Occultist? 30% MORE damage half of the time is about the same as 15% MORE damage all the time that Occultist gets from Frigid Wake. -25% resist debuff is much weaker than -20% plus an extra curse with increased effect (Void Beacon + Malediction). Enemies taking 15% inc damage is a bit better than enemies taking 10% inc damage (Malediction). However, it's additive (increased), not multiplicative (MORE) and adds together with a similar debuff from Aspect of the Spider - making the overall difference less significant.

So, damage on Elementalist is about the same as on Occultist against bosses, and much weaker against trash. But it doesn't have the defenses of the Occultist (enemies deal 20% reduced damage; freeze and chill immunity; enemies part time frozen) or the clear speed (Profane Bloom explosions). We take about 10 notables on the tree, so the passive Aegis shield would be about 1k against when you start taking damage, and then it's gone until you stop taking damage - that's nothing for an endgame tank build.

And they both have an exotic feature (reflect immunity vs ignoring hexproof).

Overall, I don't see a reason to take Elementalist over Occultist.

ty for the answer

1 more thing they changed aegis to recharge the cooldown even when u take dmg so it can get back up even when u take dmg

and we can take lige of the primordial for some more dmg? its only 50% more dmg without animastone but u can add flame golem thats more %dmg and another golem,and u can add jewels for more golems? thats a lot more dmg no? with animastone you can get 4 golems thats 100% more dmg 100% more affect of the golems and they reswapn on their own but i do lose some int/es from reguler jewels

and does that mean witch over scion for now?
Editado por útlima vez por phantom_god en 12 ene. 2021 13:10:30
"
Kelvynn escribió:

Now I'm going to play with PoB, try and design an Occultist tree with the same gear as my Ascendant, and see where it would end up with the new changes. Stay tuned.

First, thank you for keeping this build updated. This was my first ever build in PoE back in Blight league, and i love the playstyle alot.

just want to ask, if you looking at Occulist and can also look at elementalist, it looks that the damage buffs seem good to have a look.

One request, i would like to ask for future PoB's is if u can add leveling tress into the PoB, like for example, how the skill should look at level 30, 50, 70, etc...

I know you have that written in your guide in this post, but i think having it on the PoB would help alot, noobs like me.

Looking forward to check the 3.13 changes you will make, and i will again use this as my league starter.
"
Portuscale escribió:
just want to ask, if you looking at Occulist and can also look at elementalist, it looks that the damage buffs seem good to have a look.

He answered above.
How good is this build without Stampede?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional