[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Nishrek escribió:
"
Portuscale escribió:
just want to ask, if you looking at Occulist and can also look at elementalist, it looks that the damage buffs seem good to have a look.

He answered above.
How good is this build without Stampede?

its amazing with this boots but i will say that at minmax i found it hard to get the resist so i had to swap to reguler boots for resist
"
Nishrek escribió:
"
Portuscale escribió:
just want to ask, if you looking at Occulist and can also look at elementalist, it looks that the damage buffs seem good to have a look.

He answered above.

not sure why i quate it twice sorry :S
Editado por útlima vez por phantom_god en 12 ene. 2021 13:07:57
"
Nishrek escribió:

you get more ES, int, some res. BUT you lose a lot of QoL in form of 150ms cyclone. Also int and res can be solved with anoits, which is a nice benefit of Stampede
"
phantom_god escribió:
and we can take lige of the primordial for some more dmg? its only 50% more dmg but u can add flame golem thats more %dmg and another golem and u can add jewels for more golems? thats a lot more dmg no? with animastone you can get 4 golems thats 100% more dmg 100% more affect of the golems and they reswapn on their own but i do lose some int/es from reguler jewels

and does that mean witch over scion for now?

Liege of the Primordial grants additive (Increased) damage, not multiplicative (MORE). We already have so many MORE multipliers and such a huge Increased stat that it wouldn't add a whole lot. The golems would need to be Flame (another small Increased dmg mod) and Chaos (a small defense bonus vs phys hits). And it would have to be taken instead of Bastion of Elements, replacing the reflect immunity - the only unique feature of the class.

Sure, it would be viable. Just not quite as good as Occultist.

The question of Witch (Occultist) vs Scion is still open.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
phantom_god escribió:
and we can take lige of the primordial for some more dmg? its only 50% more dmg but u can add flame golem thats more %dmg and another golem and u can add jewels for more golems? thats a lot more dmg no? with animastone you can get 4 golems thats 100% more dmg 100% more affect of the golems and they reswapn on their own but i do lose some int/es from reguler jewels

and does that mean witch over scion for now?

Liege of the Primordial grants additive (Increased) damage, not multiplicative (MORE). We already have so many MORE multipliers and such a huge Increased stat that it wouldn't add a whole lot. The golems would need to be Flame (another small Increased dmg mod) and Chaos (a small defense bonus vs phys hits). And it would have to be taken instead of Bastion of Elements, replacing the reflect immunity - the only unique feature of the class.

Sure, it would be viable. Just not quite as good as Occultist.

The question of Witch (Occultist) vs Scion is still open.

yeh i know its additive damage wasnt sure if it was worth it

guess we wait for tha patch notes to learn some more :)

thx for shareing all the info :)
So here's the big thing: Ascendant vs new Occultist.

I've tinkered in PoB a bit to see what would happen with the same exact gear as my 3.12 character if I go Occultist in 3.13. This is the final PoB for 3.12 Ascendant from the top post:
https://pastebin.com/GWyAxgmv

The best tree I could come up with for Occultist is this:
https://pastebin.com/ZbmX7eXN
If you multiply the damage by 1.15 for the new upcoming mod (until PoB is patched), the damage is about the same as Ascendant.

Then the question is what can be gained by going Occultist, and at what cost.

First, the cost:

1. It's harder to max resists. In my Occ project PoB they are still not maxed and would require a better left ring. It can be done. Just harder.

2. It's harder to upgrade from Astramentis to a rare amulet. The stat requirements are tighter, and I had to take Practical Application.

3. Because of the lower Int on the Occultist, my ES also ended up being lower. Not by much. But lower (13k vs 13.5k).

4. Ascendant has been stable for a long time and has a tested and proven path that you can take. The detailed guide is here, and so far nothing will be different in 3.13 (pending the patch notes). Occultist requires development when it comes to leveling and the initial Classic setup before switching to the clusters. You may have to think for yourself and make decisions not covered by the guide.

Now, what's gained:

1. Clear speed. Profane Bloom with the new 40% chance should result in a significantly faster clear. And if you like Delirium and/or Delve, this is going be huge for those particular targets.

2. Freeze and chill immunity. Ascendant Inquisitor is immune to ele ailments on consecrated ground which she constantly creates. But still, I had to carry a Heat flask because when you move fast (Delve, Delirium) you constantly outrun your consecrated ground. And getting frozen is very annoying. I also suspect that full immunity to everything bad will be important in those 10-boss Ritual fights.

3. Stronger defenses. Occultist has an extra mod that reduces enemy damage (2 x 10% reduction vs 1 x 10% from Asc Inquisitor). Plus increased effect of curses. Plus ignoring Hexproof. Plus freezing everything around you every 4 sec for 0.6 sec - that should be very nice in those 10-boss fights as well.

Overall, both classes should be great and viable. Ascendant offers an easier path to a known power level. Occultist is an experiment that takes more effort but may result in a greater final result.

I'm personally leaning towards Occultist because I've played Ascendant for the last few leagues, plus I value quality of life over stat min-maxing. Unless the patch notes contain something unexpected, I think I'll try the Occultist.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 12 ene. 2021 14:34:22
"
Kelvynn escribió:

I'm personally leaning towards Occultist because I've played Ascendant for the last few leagues, plus I value quality of life over stat min-maxing. Unless the patch notes contain something unexpected, I think I'll try the Occultist.

Great breakdown, and that matches my thoughts as well. Still not 100% sure I'm playing this league, as I have some real life stuff going on, but it's getting more and more tempting. If I play I'm 100% working on a WI Occultist. Should be a fun league for Whispering Ice.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
So here's the big thing: Ascendant vs new Occultist.

I've tinkered in PoB a bit to see what would happen with the same exact gear as my 3.12 character if I go Occultist in 3.13. This is the final PoB for 3.12 Ascendant from the top post:
https://pastebin.com/GWyAxgmv

The best tree I could come up with for Occultist is this:
https://pastebin.com/ZbmX7eXN
If you multiply the damage by 1.15 for the new upcoming mod (until PoB is patched), the damage is about the same as Ascendant.

Then the question is what can be gained by going Occultist, and at what cost.

First, the cost:

1. It's harder to max resists. In my Occ project PoB they are still not maxed and would require a better left ring. It can be done. Just harder.

2. It's harder to upgrade from Astramentis to a rare amulet. The stat requirements are tighter, and I had to take Practical Application.

3. Because of the lower Int on the Occultist, my ES also ended up being lower. Not by much. But lower (13k vs 13.5k).

4. Ascendant has been stable for a long time and has a tested and proven path that you can take. The detailed guide is here, and so far nothing will be different in 3.13 (pending the patch notes). Occultist requires development when it comes to leveling and the initial Classic setup before switching to the clusters. You may have to think for yourself and make decisions not covered by the guide.

Now, what's gained:

1. Clear speed. Profane Bloom with the new 40% chance should result in a significantly faster clear. And if you like Delirium and/or Delve, this is going be huge for those particular targets.

2. Freeze and chill immunity. Ascendant Inquisitor is immune to ele ailments on consecrated ground which she constantly creates. But still, I had to carry a Heat flask because when you move fast (Delve, Delirium) you constantly outrun your consecrated ground. And getting frozen is very annoying. I also suspect that full immunity to everything bad will be important in those 10-boss Ritual fights.

3. Stronger defenses. Occultist has an extra mod that reduces enemy damage (2 x 10% reduction vs 1 x 10% from Asc Inquisitor). Plus increased effect of curses. Plus ignoring Hexproof. Plus freezing everything around you every 4 sec for 0.6 sec - that should be very nice in those 10-boss fights as well.

Overall, both classes should be great and viable. Ascendant offers an easier path to a known power level. Occultist is an experiment that takes more effort but may result in a greater final result.

Looks pretty good to me, hoping we're getting increased storms since Firestorm was mention to get a buff.

On your tree there, Deep Wisdom outperforms Arcane Focus.

Looks a lot better for league starting with the swap to clusters as well, since it basically touches all the points you want anyways.

Probably going to start with some chained differently before Thread of Hope. Then removing some of the connecting passives as you switch when you start to pour in currency.

Thinking:
Deep Wisdom -> Arcane Will -> Utmost Intellect ->
Etheral Feast to be respecced out with thread of hope ->
Ghost Reaver -> CI (If you get the leveling gear, bit harder without the scion resists, annoint Diamond Skin to help) -> Ele Overload -> passive point next to it, to path directly to Zealot's Oath.
Then just start to fill in the rest and make the path for Split Personality.

I'd go Vile Bastion for the first Acendancy, since 40 es per second + 10% regen is great while leveling until the leech catches up and then respec it out when pathed to Unwavering Stance and having the third lab done to get profane bloom + freeze immunity
Tiny bit concerned about losing stun immunity if you go Malediction, and Profane Bloom. Haven't played WI without stun immunity so I'm not sure how impactful stuns would be. Nice thing about Occultist is you can always ditch a damage node and retake vile bastion if it's needed.
"
Breken escribió:
Tiny bit concerned about losing stun immunity if you go Malediction, and Profane Bloom. Haven't played WI without stun immunity so I'm not sure how impactful stuns would be. Nice thing about Occultist is you can always ditch a damage node and retake vile bastion if it's needed.

You grab Unwavering Stance for stun immunity, grab Vile Bastion for leveling and respec it out when the tree is there and you have the leech to make up for the 10% regen.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional