[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
chrischoi escribió:
Was thinking. Sorry for the technical questions. Hope you don't mind. Just trying to understand.

Would Intelligence be the priority? Since it contributes to all?
Next would be, Spell Damage / Spell Damage while wielding a staff, Area Damage. Because it covers all attacks.
Then Cold Damage being last since it's cold only and doesn't add to Ball Lightning?

Last one.

Would quality have any benefits on the limited level Ball Lightning, Arcane Surge, CWDT or work against it?

Ball lightning does no damage. Compared to how high Icestorm damage is, Ball lightning, Cyclone and whatever movement skill you use do next to no damage. Do not think about how much damage increase other skills get, it is totally irrelevant. They do no damage. They are only used to proc other stuff.

Since only damage from Icestorm matters, cold/spell/area/spell while holding staff are equal in terms of how good 1% increase is. But spell damage while holding staff and cold damage get 14-16% while spell and area get only 10-12% (and all damage rolls 8-10% I think?)

For same reason quality on those gems only give damage to the gems linked to them (no bonus to Icestorm) so it is pretty much irrelevant if you have quality or not.
Countless Resonators, Dense Fossils, Perfect Fossils and a few Shuddering Fossils. 450 Jeweller's Orbs...

I give up. Lol. Guess I had a crash course on crafting and learned I have to look up individual ilevels for everything. :(

Editado por útlima vez por chrischoi en 30 dic. 2020 9:48:31
"
chrischoi escribió:
Lvl 19 CWDT - I sort of got ahead of myself and GCP'd it. So leveling those now. Didn't think that far technically. So CWDT level should match Immortal Call? Should I level it down one?

IC's level requirement should not exceed CWDT's trigger level (see their descriptions, especially CWDT's). In short, the level of IC should never be higher than the level of CWDT. I would simply scour 1 level off IC in your case.

"
Been looking for a chest. Man are they expensive! Lol. Even Watcher's Eye starting at 30ex. I guess I could start with a plain one just for the ES/Mana boost. Maybe not. Still expensive.
Is this a good query to keep an eye on armor or am I way off? Is there a more effective search? Lower expectations? Different order?

Short duration league's market is much smaller than a regular league's, things are harder to find. Your links don't work for some reason. But here's a Heist league link that I used for my first %Int regalia:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/KemW9Q6U5
The mod you want is %Int. And some decent ES. If you can get an empty suffix, you can craft 6% Attr. Empty prefix = more ES.

Alternatively, you can look for good flat Int and ES and an empty suffix for 6% Attr. Anything along these lines would be a huge upgrade over the leveling unique.

"
Swapped CD/CE, was it due to it being linked to Cyclone? 5l good on it? Thanks for taking the time to explain things. Huge help with understanding some of the mechanics. Should have started playing this sooner, but I hated it at the beginning.

Anywhere between 3L and 5L is fine. As long as Cyclone is linked to CwC and Inspiration.
"
chrischoi escribió:
Was thinking. Sorry for the technical questions. Hope you don't mind. Just trying to understand.

"
Kelvynn escribió:
The following mods are good on rare jewels:
+12-16 to Intelligence
+8-10 to mixed attributes (Int/Str, Int/Dex or All Attr)
14-16% Increased Spell damage while wielding a staff
14-16% Increased Cold damage
10-12% Increased Spell damage
10-12% Increased Area damage

Would Intelligence be the priority? Since it contributes to all?
Next would be, Spell Damage / Spell Damage while wielding a staff, Area Damage. Because it covers all attacks.
Then Cold Damage being last since it's cold only and doesn't add to Ball Lightning?

Last one.

Would quality have any benefits on the limited level Ball Lightning, Arcane Surge, CWDT or work against it?

Int is the biggest goal. Various 'Inc XX Damage' mods are secondary. You have so many 'MORE XX Damage' mods that the 'Inc' ones don't matter much. Read up on the difference between Increased (additive) and MORE (multiplicative) mods, if you haven't yet.

Non-unique jewels are there mostly to patch the holes on your way to the full build. Missing resists (flat Int + %all res). Pushing Str above Dex for ignite immunity from the belt (flats Int + Int/Str). In a full build, there are only unique and cluster jewels.

Ball Lightning's purpose is to spread the curses. Its own damage is close to zero and doesn't matter. Once you get the Watcher's Eye with ES gain on hit, BL also becomes a very nice source of healing due to its huge number of hits (it hits all targets along its path 5 times per second). It's kept below lv 5 so that it can be triggered by CWDT lv 1 at the highest possible frequency.
Havent played this since the changes.. and am interested in trying it in 3.13 .. can the current icestorm do 100% delirium t16+ maps comfort6ably? also, would you recommend it as a league starter, or is it best as a second build? ( note, I know it can work as a league starter just not sure if its a really good starter)
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
"
Xirgu escribió:
also, would you recommend it as a league starter, or is it best as a second build? ( note, I know it can work as a league starter just not sure if its a really good starter)

There are 2 questions: how fast are you reaching maps and how good are you getting currency early?
Because tbh WI starting to pop off after you get 5s any roll staff (or 4s 18% int one) and all stat transforming jewels. And because any decent league starting scion build will require full respec including ascendancy from you (because usually you will respec half of the tree already anyways but non of those require inq/occ combo) if you can level characters fast or cannot afford full respec that early you better off doing it as second character.
I like this so far -- but I am in Act 7 just went CI and tried Cruel lab and with a 6S staff I can barely scratch Izaro. I also tried this with an Icetomb instead of The Covenant. https://pastebin.com/thXPyped and yes I need to swap my life flask to something more useful but that's not going to make a huge difference. I can survive for a bit but it's really no help because I just don't have enough damage.

Edit: nevermind, I didn't pick up the Utmost Intellect cluster and Elemental Overload, that was stupid of me.
"
Xirgu escribió:
Havent played this since the changes.. and am interested in trying it in 3.13 .. can the current icestorm do 100% delirium t16+ maps comfort6ably?

Yes.
I haven't tried with the Classic version, but after upgrading to the cluster jewels/tree it's not a problem.
"
pda898 escribió:
"
Xirgu escribió:
also, would you recommend it as a league starter, or is it best as a second build? ( note, I know it can work as a league starter just not sure if its a really good starter)

There are 2 questions: how fast are you reaching maps and how good are you getting currency early?
Because tbh WI starting to pop off after you get 5s any roll staff (or 4s 18% int one) and all stat transforming jewels. And because any decent league starting scion build will require full respec including ascendancy from you (because usually you will respec half of the tree already anyways but non of those require inq/occ combo) if you can level characters fast or cannot afford full respec that early you better off doing it as second character.

It really depends on your play style and early league goals. If you are into racing and zoom through the campaign in 3-4 hours right after the servers unlocking - then it's not something this build can do. Racing builds cannot depend on uniques, they are the ones that scale purely off the gem levels: usually mines or summons.

I've used this build as a league starter in many leagues, but I don't race to the maps. I have a regular job, and I get home 4 hours after the servers open. By the time I get to lv 38, there are already plenty of cheap leveling uniques and WI's on the market. Finding a chaos or two, plus a few alcs along the way shouldn't be a problem, and then it's smooth sailing to the maps. I typically reach the maps by the end of the evening and go to bed. And day 2 is when Astramentis becomes affordable at ~20c or so. Farming 20c in maps shouldn't be a problem.

Playing this as a 2nd build should be trivial all the way to red maps. And then it's a matter of accumulating resources for the Cluster upgrade.

The leveling guide on the 1st page doesn't require any major respeccing. Unless you play a totally different build for the sake of rushing to the maps. But then you might spend more time on the respeccing than if you just follow this build from the start.

"Getting currency early" is another matter. How much currency and how early? It usually doesn't depend on the build you play. There are many ways to make currency and many videos and guides on youtube.
Though I do enjoy your little picture with the Whispering Ice staff...made a little something for you! Use it if you like, if not...that's cool too!

Huge fan of your build btw.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional