[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
chrischoi escribió:
I'm not able to get Ball Lightning to trigger at all. It never casts. It's supposed to auto trigger when Cycloning right?

Could someone check my character out and tell me what might be happening?

Modlite.

Your characters are not public, so can't tell.

Ball Lightning is supposed to trigger trough Cast when Damage Taken. So not from channeling Cyclone, but from taking damage. Make sure BL is lvl4 or lower or lvl1 CwDT can not proc it.
Public now. I'm having trouble with Tier 5 maps.
"
SkyReacher escribió:
In the dealing with map mods section, an easier option in my experience to handle ele reflect mod is rolling a watch stone with you cannot take reflected damage which is a common roll on any sextant.

Well, that's not really 'dealing' with it :) Avoiding ele reflect by rerolling the map or rolling a sextant to disable it won't work in some cases, such as maps offered by Zana, or Atziri. Of course, if you can disable ele reflect - that's great. But when you can't disable it, and you really want to run that map - the guide shows how to deal with it.
"
chrischoi escribió:
Public now. I'm having trouble with Tier 5 maps.

1. You don't have enough (or any?) ES leech. The website doesn't show the clusters, but even if you are using Conservation of Energy on the Megalo, that's not enough for your current character. Of course, it's hard to stay alive in maps without leeching ES.

2. You biggest problem is that you are doing the cluster tree without the required cluster jewels. Your large clusters don't have Cold To The Core, and you don't have the Split Personality's. The cluster version is based on them. Stick to the classic version until you get them. See the sections 'Classic of Cluster' and 'Jewels'.

3. You can't use 3 curses without Awakened Hextouch lv 5. Your current chest link applied 2 of the 3 curses, and probably not the right 2. Replace EW with something like Culling Strike for now. Ball Lightning should be triggering fine, looks like you fixed that already.

4. Wrong version of Wave of Conviction. It should be Phantasmal, not Divergent. Otherwise it won't apply the Cold debuff. Replace that with Frost Bomb until you get the Phantasmal one.

5. Level the CWDT gem in the boots. You don't want that link firing all the time (unlike the chest link). Immortal Call is good when triggered by serious damage.

6. You have 4 aura gems, but can only use 3. I hope those include Discipline and Flesh & Stone (Sand stance). The 3rd one is situational, Purity or AA. Eventually you will want Aspect of the Spider as your 3rd aura.

7. You are still using the leveling chest and helmet at lv 84. Really should upgrade those to something with decent ES (and of course Int).

8. The staff is only 14% Int. Get a 18% one. They are cheap as dirt.
Looks nice.
I will try this in 3.13 if it survives the Nerf Hammer
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
chrischoi escribió:

Really appreciate the time to explain this. I'm just a couple months in so this is all a learning experience. Thank you.

1. Any suggestions on where I could apply ES leech on the build? I'd assume it's life leech with Ghost Reaver passive? Maybe Ethereal Feast until I find suitable items?

2. I think I fixed it. Maybe it's better than classic. It's partial of what's on the clusters. 5Int/5ES Split Personality's were nowhere to be found on Flashback.

3. Fixed. 2 Curses. Culling back in. Anomalous Frostbite ok? I know it's not self cast by me, but it has quality, so I just used it.

4. Frostbomb back in.

5. Working on leveling the CWDT. Was tried and trying to fix things.

6. I swap between Arctic Armour and Purity of Elements. Resistances are still suffering.

7. Working on it. Flashback doesn't seem to have much or I have search preferences set too high for so early.

8. Done. Do cast rates do anything for the build?

Lastly for ES, do resistances effect ES?
Editado por útlima vez por chrischoi en 28 dic. 2020 19:25:09
I grabbed a Thread of Hope and used 2 other Energy Leech Nodes. I think I got that under control. Now just need to fix resists. Just crafted a helm. Try for better gloves. Settle on non-influenced for now. Then armor. Am I heading in the right direction?
Editado por útlima vez por chrischoi en 29 dic. 2020 6:37:44
"
chrischoi escribió:
Really appreciate the time to explain this. I'm just a couple months in so this is all a learning experience. Thank you.

1. Any suggestions on where I could apply ES leech on the build? I'd assume it's life leech with Ghost Reaver passive? Maybe Ethereal Feast until I find suitable items?

2. I think I fixed it. Maybe it's better than classic. It's partial of what's on the clusters. 5Int/5ES Split Personality's were nowhere to be found on Flashback.

3. Fixed. 2 Curses. Culling back in. Anomalous Frostbite ok? I know it's not self cast by me, but it has quality, so I just used it.

4. Frostbomb back in.

5. Working on leveling the CWDT. Was tried and trying to fix things.

6. I swap between Arctic Armour and Purity of Elements. Resistances are still suffering.

7. Working on it. Flashback doesn't seem to have much or I have search preferences set too high for so early.

8. Done. Do cast rates do anything for the build?

Lastly for ES, do resistances effect ES?

I see you fixed most of the issues. Great! Didn't think you would get those jewels in a Flashback league, hehe.

Now your CWDT lv 19 is too low level to trigger Immortal Call lv 20! Use lv 19 until CWDT levels up.

ES leech nodes are Ethereal Feast, Light Eater, Heart of Ice.

Any versions of the curses are fine. Casting speed doesn't matter - CwC procs Icestorm at the fixed rate that only depends on your CwC gem. Resistances do not affect ES. Your ES comes from Int and flat ES on items.

Now you need to upgrade your chest, badly! And replace the leveling jewel near the start with something useful. You need resists? Get one with resists.

Inspired Learning is useless for this build. Sell it for some good currency and get some useful jewel. Watcher's Eye with ES gain on hit would be awesome. Or just more resists.

You can also get more resists if you anoint the boots with something like Cloth and Chain. Mystic Talents is the best boot anointment, but if you need resists you should prioritize them first.

Swap CD and CE gems in the staff. No reason to make Cyclone radius smaller.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 29 dic. 2020 16:13:36
"
Kelvynn escribió:

I see you fixed most of the issues. Great! Didn't think you would get those jewels in a Flashback league, hehe.

Now your CWDT lv 19 is too low level to trigger Immortal Call lv 20! Use lv 19 until CWDT levels up.

ES leech nodes are Ethereal Feast, Light Eater, Heart of Ice.

Any versions of the curses are fine. Casting speed doesn't matter - CwC procs Icestorm at the fixed rate that only depends on your CwC gem. Resistances do not affect ES. Your ES comes from Int and flat ES on items.

Now you need to upgrade your chest, badly! And replace the leveling jewel near the start with something useful. You need resists? Get one with resists.

Inspired Learning is useless for this build. Sell it for some good currency and get some useful jewel. Watcher's Eye with ES gain on hit would be awesome. Or just more resists.

You can also get more resists if you anoint the boots with something like Cloth and Chain. Mystic Talents is the best boot anointment, but if you need resists you should prioritize them first.

Swap CD and CE gems in the staff. No reason to make Cyclone radius smaller.

Was sitting on them in stash because of points. I think I saw on INT/ES but it was 9ex. :(

Lvl 19 CWDT - I sort of got ahead of myself and GCP'd it. So leveling those now. Didn't think that far technically. So CWDT level should match Immortal Call? Should I level it down one?

Right on with the ES leech nodes. Figured that one out the tough way. Lol.

I asked about resistances because of my game logic. DII head here from way back. ES was mana and you could have crap resistances so if damage taken never dropped your ES it didn't matter the resistance. So by that logic I "hoped" that the resistances only applied to the 1 life and I was golden. Lol.
I guess better resistance applies to damage taken on ES. Less would amplify damage? Then stacking resistance applied to Sorc vs Sorc penetrating elements.

Been looking for a chest. Man are they expensive! Lol. Even Watcher's Eye starting at 30ex. I guess I could start with a plain one just for the ES/Mana boost. Maybe not. Still expensive.
Is this a good query to keep an eye on armor or am I way off? Is there a more effective search? Lower expectations? Different order?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Flashback%20(DRE007)/q9Gal59Hg

I guess this would be a better solution for now.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Flashback%20(DRE007)/E46Gj0zC5

Inspired Learning. No idea where that even came from. Maybe from the first character that I scrapped.

I'm hoping I can keep the Mystic Talents on the boots because I traded for the oils. I guess I'll go that route last resort. I've been trying out crafting helms and gloves. Are Fingerless Silk Gloves a bad choice? I do keep getting attack rating and dex modifiers. I tried searching, but I could just be dumb. I guess if I took at them, it does look sorcyesque.

Swapped CD/CE, was it due to it being linked to Cyclone? 5l good on it? Thanks for taking the time to explain things. Huge help with understanding some of the mechanics. Should have started playing this sooner, but I hated it at the beginning.
Editado por útlima vez por chrischoi en 30 dic. 2020 1:40:15
Was thinking. Sorry for the technical questions. Hope you don't mind. Just trying to understand.

"
Kelvynn escribió:
The following mods are good on rare jewels:
+12-16 to Intelligence
+8-10 to mixed attributes (Int/Str, Int/Dex or All Attr)
14-16% Increased Spell damage while wielding a staff
14-16% Increased Cold damage
10-12% Increased Spell damage
10-12% Increased Area damage

Would Intelligence be the priority? Since it contributes to all?
Next would be, Spell Damage / Spell Damage while wielding a staff, Area Damage. Because it covers all attacks.
Then Cold Damage being last since it's cold only and doesn't add to Ball Lightning?

Last one.

Would quality have any benefits on the limited level Ball Lightning, Arcane Surge, CWDT or work against it?
Editado por útlima vez por chrischoi en 30 dic. 2020 2:33:55

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional