[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
ichbinwerichbi escribió:
Found it.

Playtime 15 days and 6 hours. 96 death :-)

Delirium deaths 221

blight deaths 193

so this league i died halve as normal.

More exalts = good gear = more power and ES = fewer deaths. And it always seems to take ~10 days played or more to really max out the character. Lillian would typically do 20-25 days played in a league.
"
ichbinwerichbi escribió:
I got it

100 for the first time in poe. And i play since closed beta.
Thats all about this build. i never reached 98 bevor i found this build with the support from Kelvin and many others.
Thanks to lingen and kelvin this league and many other leagues for the help and tipps and killing some bosses for me in last leagues.

This league i did it all myself, also the build isnt so strong as leagues bevor. But the goal for me was reaching 14 k es and 3 k int. So i didnt die since 98.

I am soooo happy that i reached that goal i tried many leagues bevor. And i did it without chayulas runs or rotas.

Congratulations! You made it. :)
"
DarkenX escribió:
Is there any chance of getting an updated Leveling Tree? The current one is listed on a 3.8 tree, and I'm all sorts of lost on where to go while leveling.

The leveling trees are still the same as in 3.8, except for the Ash, Frost & Storm cluster moving slightly.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
DarkenX escribió:
Is there any chance of getting an updated Leveling Tree? The current one is listed on a 3.8 tree, and I'm all sorts of lost on where to go while leveling.

The leveling trees are still the same as in 3.8, except for the Ash, Frost & Storm cluster moving slightly.

Really? Cause in another 90 tree, those nodes aren't taken at all. Should I allocate points there or no? A bit confusing, at the moment.
"
DarkenX escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
DarkenX escribió:

Really? Cause in another 90 tree, those nodes aren't taken at all. Should I allocate points there or no? A bit confusing, at the moment.

Those nodes are good for leveling, but are later dropped in favor of other stuff.

Early on, 50% increased elemental damage is very good. Especially while you are not using Icestorm yet. Then you start using Icestorm, but your Int is not very high yet, so those nodes are still good. After lv 70, when you start mass-converting Str and Dex to Int with Fertile Mind and Brute Force - that's when you no longer care about that cluster.

Potency of Will is another cluster that's good to take while leveling, only to drop after lv 80 or so, when your Int becomes high enough to get a decent Icestorm duration on its own.

Eventually, when you get the cluster jewels, your whole tree changes too.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 22 dic. 2020 12:37:49
So I though I'd try this built as Heist rides off into the distance as a possibility for next season.

Was doing fine until I switched to the staff. Now I just keep dieing.
Something hits me and all my mana goes and then my life. I can't stem the tide with life flasks. I took out Righteous Fire cause I thought that may be it. But I still keep dieing and fast once the damn breaks.

Can someone look at ScionOBX and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I finally got the three organs, but doubt I can progress farther without correcting my problem, whatever it may be. Thanks.
"
Hoya63 escribió:
So I though I'd try this built as Heist rides off into the distance as a possibility for next season.

Something hits me and all my mana goes and then my life. I can't stem the tide with life flasks. I took out Righteous Fire cause I thought that may be it. But I still keep dieing and fast once the damn breaks.

Can someone look at ScionOBX and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I finally got the three organs, but doubt I can progress farther without correcting my problem, whatever it may be. Thanks.

Do you mean all your energy shield goes and then life, or actually mana? If it really is mana, I don't see why you would loose mana when taking hit.

There is nothing wrong about your build other than you are still low level and leveling gear. Amount of ES you can leech is capped at % of your max ES so getting better gear does miracles to it. You also don't have Ghost Reaver, Light Eater or Ethereal Feast, all that increase that cap.

For fast fix, I would respec the Brute Force and str nodes leading to it to get Light eater and put fortify to the red socket in the staff. Doedre's Scorn is nice cheap item to get for leveling.

You do not want to use normal Righteous Fire, it just kills you. For this build you can use the vaal RF sometimes against bosses, but not the nonvaal one.
"
Hoya63 escribió:

Righteous Fire?! We don't use that skill, it's suicide for this build. Of course you will die if you use that. VAAL RF is a completely different skill. Even though it comes on the same gem.

Sorrow of the Divine?? Eldritch Battery is a really bad idea.

Looking at your current character... Lv 47, so you are still using life. That's fine. But:

1. Your helmet is useless. I would grab one with some life on it, until switching to CI and Doedre's Scorn.

2. You haven't done any labs yet? You really should. And you cannot use Frostbite until you do the first 2 labs (2nd curse comes with Occultist).

3. Are you cycloning? It's pretty hard to die when you spin around with perma Fortify and ES leech (even when you are not CI yet).

4. Clarity? Deep Thoughts? You shouldn't need that. Even with a 5L staff, your Cyclone mana cost should be low enough. I don't see why you would be running out of mana. Unless you are self-casting Icestorm?? After Discipline and Flesh & Stone, you should have plenty of mana left for cycloning. Clarity only lowers your mana pool. Drop it and Deep Thoughts.

5. Get Elemental Overload ASAP.

6. Your flasks at this point should be: a couple of Life ones (no need for Forbidden Taste), Quicksilver, Basalt, and maybe Granite. Something should have Staunching on it too.

Do the first 2 labs. Then keep going thru Act 7 until lv 56-58 when you can switch to CI and become immune to chaos, ideally just before Arakaali and Doedre.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 23 dic. 2020 12:40:51
Thanks, CJIN. I followed your suggestions. I’ve only died once since I implemented the improvements. That was to the Brine King right at the end and was avoidable. The toxic sewers gave me some close calls as life went down fast but was able to spam life flasks.(Btw I should have written “energy shield” instead of mana. So with the changes moving right along.

I realize at this point I’m not perfectly speced. That’s ok. The key elements are covered, and I’ll enjoy the portal gem as long as I can. Will eventually have to drop the golem; right now he acts as a mini meat shield.

My next change is to move into CI, which I’ll try in the next passive point or two.
Editado por útlima vez por Hoya63 en 23 dic. 2020 18:56:46
Kelvynn, thanks for the reply and advice. You can see in my reply to CJIN, it’s gotten a whole lot better.

Yeah the Righteous Fire debacle was not understanding the real mechanics and the Vaal difference.

Some changes:

1. Now using Doedre’s Scorn helm.

2. Did the first two labs and have Occulist.

3.Yes. Using Fortify now.

4. Not running out of mana cycloning. Will drop Clarity and Deep Thoughts.

5. Backed out of Deep Thoughts and now have Elemental Overload.

6. Will work on flasks.

7. Now lev 59 will try CI.

Thanks for the support.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional