[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn escribió:
Build update

Final update after 3.12. Added the final PoB with detailed notes on the final levels. Switched to the @Breken style tree, as it proved to be the most efficient. Moved Jewels to a separate section with more details on the cluster jewels. Updated Gear, Gems, Sockets/Links, Auras to what worked the best.

Thanks for the hard work :-) finaly got a watchers eye with clarity and es on hit and feel now soooo good.
Build works really fine also with more investment as bevor.

Only blight and legion are not so pretty for me. But survivability is better then bevor for me. Got 99 never so fast as this league only because i die much less. Perhaps i can get my first lvl 100 char this league in poe ever as the league goes until january.

And also graz to 40/40 as mostly and more then 500 pages!
"
Jadran escribió:
How possible is it to level this in a new league as SSF? I'm considering either this or Vortex Occultist for Mayhem SSF :D

It may take quite long time to get the staff in the first place. In theory you could farm early acts for it, but what I have seen posts from people who tried it the drop rate of cars is way too low. Practicly you would neetd to get to maps nad we don't know what tier of maps are the ones you can get the cards from. You are also very limited on getting Brute Force/Fertile Minds and need to adapt the passive tree for that. On top of that you gonna want to get some very specific gear (high int + high ES) that can be real pain to try to craft yourself if the league mechanic doesn't help with crafting.

That said it has been done, but I haven't tried SSF and I would not recommend this build for SSF, especially as first character.
"
Cjin escribió:
"
Jadran escribió:
How possible is it to level this in a new league as SSF? I'm considering either this or Vortex Occultist for Mayhem SSF :D

It may take quite long time to get the staff in the first place. In theory you could farm early acts for it, but what I have seen posts from people who tried it the drop rate of cars is way too low. Practicly you would neetd to get to maps nad we don't know what tier of maps are the ones you can get the cards from. You are also very limited on getting Brute Force/Fertile Minds and need to adapt the passive tree for that. On top of that you gonna want to get some very specific gear (high int + high ES) that can be real pain to try to craft yourself if the league mechanic doesn't help with crafting.

That said it has been done, but I haven't tried SSF and I would not recommend this build for SSF, especially as first character.

Given how many staves I have dropped, as well as div cards, yes, you're way better off levelling something else up to white/yellow maps, and then levelling WI up as a second character.

Yes, the Brute Force gem is problematic. Just adapt to its lack, I would suggest.
There's an interesting economic effect of this build.

Getting the Watcher's Eye +ES on hit is a significant increase in your defenses. I can feel the difference in squishiness when I put one in.

Around t15 maps I will start getting killed quickly by random things (at 9500 ES) without that Eye.

In the normal economy, I would have sold my pre-upgrade crafted gear for a couple of exalts, and also would find stuff I could sell. So I usually always had an Eye at around t10 maps, each and every league in the past.

Not this one! Nothing sold, nothing was found, all I could do was the chaos recipe over and over again. I'm sure it didn't help that I had to take a break for a couple of weeks.

So you either ride the trading wave and sell things quickly enough to upgrade, or you're screwed.

This isn't a complaint. It's an observation, something for me to learn. Get that frakking Eye ASAP!
I don't think that it's because of this build. But exalted orbs were far more common than previous leagues. I don't like the chaos recipe, it's not very effective, and contracts and blueprints could give you exalted shards quite easily.

I think I bought my watcher's eye 5 or 6 ex a few weeks after the league started, it's not that expensive (similar to previous leagues).

The very expensive one is the one with "%mana as extra ES with clarity". And if you want both mods... well
"
AsbelFar escribió:
I don't think that it's because of this build. But exalted orbs were far more common than previous leagues. I don't like the chaos recipe, it's not very effective, and contracts and blueprints could give you exalted shards quite easily.

I think I bought my watcher's eye 5 or 6 ex a few weeks after the league started, it's not that expensive (similar to previous leagues).

The very expensive one is the one with "%mana as extra ES with clarity". And if you want both mods... well

Right, I misspoke in my first sentence. I meant to say that "The normal economics I took advantage of when playing this build in previous leagues did not happen in this league, and so I was not able to get an Eye."

What exalted shards from contracts/blueprints??? I've seen zero.

Also note I'm at 14 and you're at 30, which probably approximates the ratio of the days played between you and me. In previous leagues, I had the Eye by the time I hit ~4 days played. Not this time.

Finally, last night I just discovered you can pop all of the little chests in a contract if you avoid popping the final chest. I thought they were locked as soon as the alert bar reached its max. Shit. My fault for not gaming the system, as opposed to thinking, well that's the way a heist should work.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 2 dic. 2020 15:59:58
All you need to take advantage of the ES-on-hit Watcher's Eye is that 1 mod. It's never been expensive. It's just not available for the first few days, and then it starts appearing on the market regularly, as soon as enough players reach the top tiers of the Atlas. Zana offers a lot of Elder Guardian maps in T16.

The major change of the Atlas in 3.9 made 2-mod Eyes more expensive for sure, but they are just luxury. And they are not even super good anymore, after the nerf. 1.5k extra ES is not quite the same as 3k. Definitely not worth the market price, even in the middle of the league when the market is the most reasonable.
Hey!

I have a problem with this build. I know i don't have the perfect gear and still few nodes missing, but for some reason pob show's me that i have almost 10 times less average hit. I've beed sitting all day, and can't figure out, what is the cause.

Here's the link to my pob: https://pastebin.com/9ArrRGx5

thanks! :I
hey guys... how do yous manage to defeat the twins without causing the twins to swap positions?

i know we gota kill the one with ranged weapon first... but.... the melee dude will just follow... its like impossible to not hit him with icestorm >.<

PS:
never mind, just did it! self cast icestorm ftw >.<
Ign: Zanosaur
Editado por útlima vez por zanosaur en 3 dic. 2020 19:02:32
"
Kelvynn escribió:
All you need to take advantage of the ES-on-hit Watcher's Eye is that 1 mod. It's never been expensive. It's just not available for the first few days, and then it starts appearing on the market regularly, as soon as enough players reach the top tiers of the Atlas. Zana offers a lot of Elder Guardian maps in T16.

The major change of the Atlas in 3.9 made 2-mod Eyes more expensive for sure, but they are just luxury. And they are not even super good anymore, after the nerf. 1.5k extra ES is not quite the same as 3k. Definitely not worth the market price, even in the middle of the league when the market is the most reasonable.

I found it really useful. That nearly 2 k es make for me the differenz of dieing or surviving. I got mine for 50 ex and as i made got a lot of ex this league as i did the first half of the league the chaos recipe extremly (i had 15 Tabs to did the recipe and rings and amus where much more as the contracts dropt 10 times more then other leagues) i bought 60 ex at the price of 30 to 35 c. So i had as much ex as i never had in a league and bought as the ex price riced up the jewel.
I was only in harvest with crafting easyer the get really good gear as this league. So for me the build still works also i had much more invested as any league bevor. Also i am not a good player, so i need much better gear to survive as kelvin or other good players.
Since two weeks the league is nearly dead so i sold a lot of gear normaly not would sell.
Perhaps it will be the first time i can get a char to 100. Never had in all the time and i play since closed beta a char to 100. Now i am at 99 and 33 % and as i have the dezember and christmas to play it could work.
And for that its really important not to die. And for this the jewel with clarity helps me a lot.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional