[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

@Kelvynn, or anyone else who has done all the challenges.

How did you do The Twins Conditional one of not letting them swap? I can't manage to keep them far enough apart to not damage both.
How much of your raregear do you self-craft? I'm interested in league starting this, got some of the gear now to practice playing it with a friend, but the prices of the endgame rares (with all the influences etc) was pretty pricey
"
Vague_Density escribió:
How much of your raregear do you self-craft? I'm interested in league starting this, got some of the gear now to practice playing it with a friend, but the prices of the endgame rares (with all the influences etc) was pretty pricey

I crafted all my rares, and even if they're far from perfect they're still quite decent.

- helmet: buy a ilvl 75-79 rare without influence with 3 prefixes taken and at least 1 free suffix, with flat int and good ES. Add the influence with hunter's exalted orb, you're guaranteed to get %int

- amulet: get a shaper amulet with only one shaper mod (%attributes or damage per 15int) and a crusader amulet with only one crusader mod (T1 %int) and use an awakener's orb to merge them. Other mods will be random. Note that implicit of the second amulet you select will be kept, so the order is important if you want a specific base (like lapis amulet to get additional int)

- body armour: get a ilvl 75-79 rare without influence with 3 prefixes taken and at least 1 free suffix, with good ES and interesting mods (flat int). A crusader's exalted orb will give you a 50% chance to get %int (25% chance to get T1 %int). If you fail retry with another armour (can be expensive if you're unlucky). The best is to have 2 free suffixes so you can craft %attributes after. With a ilvl 80+ you can get more ES but you'll only have 28% chance to get %int (14% chance to get T1).
You can also craft the base (with fossils or deafening essences of spite), don't forget to put it to 30% quality first if you do so. I tried but I found a cheap good base on trade website before getting a good result with essences.

- rings, gloves, belt (but cyclopean coil is good too): get synthesised items with %int as an implicit, and craft with deafening essences of spite until you get something decent. Those items were quite easy to buy in heist (except gloves, never found a ES base...) but I have no idea if it'll be the same in the next league.
Editado por útlima vez por AsbelFar en 16 nov. 2020 15:32:48
What notable passives a good on Megalomaniac?

Currently looking for CttC , Overlord, Genius, but that does not exist on trade and I think exist other good notable, which I do not notice
Large clusters jewels don't exist too. I try buy it with Disorienting Display on top but DS is on bottom. Thats need 4 more pasives
"
Bab03 escribió:
@Kelvynn, or anyone else who has done all the challenges.

How did you do The Twins Conditional one of not letting them swap? I can't manage to keep them far enough apart to not damage both.

One of them is melee and goes to attack you. The other one is ranged and circles around shooting at you. They swap when you damage the melee one by something like 25%.

The best way to do it is replace Cyclone and CwC with something else (e.g. Hypothermia and Energy Leech, same colors) and cast Icestorm manually. This way you can stand in the middle of the room without moving and keep casting on the ranged twin. They don't do much damage, you can easily tank the melee one while leeching from the ranger. After he dies, finish off the melee one.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 18 nov. 2020 16:43:21
"
LucDiv escribió:
What notable passives a good on Megalomaniac?

Currently looking for CttC , Overlord, Genius, but that does not exist on trade and I think exist other good notable, which I do not notice

Overlord, CttC, Genius, Energy From Naught, Master of Fear, Wish for Death, Blanketed Snow. Some other minor useful stuff may be worth spending a skill point, if it happens to be paired with a good notable. The good notables are worth getting even if there is nothing else useful on the jewel.

I started with 1-good Megalos and just kept searching for double-goods until I got them. They are pretty rare though.
"
Skylardin escribió:
Large clusters jewels don't exist too. I try buy it with Disorienting Display on top but DS is on bottom. Thats need 4 more pasives

If the market is dead, you can just craft them yourself. You need an ilvl 79-83 cold cluster with 8 nodes, and then just chaos spam it. CraftOfExile lies when it estimates its success chance at something like 300c. Back in Delirium we tested it, and it was something like 1500c on average to craft CttC+PH+Widespread, although the sample size wasn't big: I made 3, and another guy made 3 or 4. I did get lucky with one of mine at about 200c, but the others took a whole lot more. Still, if the currency keeps accumulating, and there is nothing for sale, why not?

Chaos spamming CttC+PH+random (i.e. you have to spend 2 extra skill points) is not hard to all. That's another option.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 18 nov. 2020 17:03:48
"
Kelvynn escribió:

One of them is melee and goes to attack you. The other one is ranged and circles around shooting at you. They swap when you damage the melee one by something like 25%.

The best way to do it is replace Cyclone and CwC with something else (e.g. Hypothermia and Energy Leech, same colors) and cast Icestorm manually. This way you can stand in the middle of the room without moving and keep casting on the ranged twin. They don't do much damage, you can easily tank the melee one while leeching from the ranger. After he dies, finish off the melee one.

Got it! Thanks :)
"
AsbelFar escribió:
"
Vague_Density escribió:

I crafted all my rares, and even if they're far from perfect they're still quite decent.

Thanks for the tips! All these sound pretty high end with a lot of currency needed, how does the build feel if I'd still be on midrange gear like on league start?

What stats should I look for on budget gears?
Editado por útlima vez por Vague_Density en 18 nov. 2020 20:20:39

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional