[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I was bored so tldr is phantasmal wave of conviction should work almost always according to my terrible math :)

"
Akisailent escribió:
"
Hemzokuken escribió:
"
Orbitalx escribió:
Some people are using normal wave of conviction in this build and that is not helping you at all :( It needs to be the phantasmal version and level 7.

Why level 7??

Bcs you want to use lv1 cwdt with it and so it need to be lv7

Well I guess technically level 7 or lower should work I think. As long as it isn't too high to trigger it with cwdt it is okay.

Looking at the phantasmal version of the gem though I am trying to figure out if we have enough increased cold damage from the tree to make the 20% cold conversion go above the 25% fire or lightning conversion.

Anyone have any idea how much % cold damage you would need to make it go above the fire and lightning? I think you would only need 26% more cold damage for it to work. But does spell damage increase all of the conversions damage?

Say you have 400% spell damage and 50% cold damage from the tree.
Lets say phantasmal wave of conviction does 100 physical damage for easy math.

It would convert 25% to fire, 25% to lightning and 20% to cold
That would be 25 fire, 25 lightning and 20 cold.
These are increased by your 400% spell damage so you would do:

100 fire damage
100 lightning

Your cold damage would increase by 450% so it would be:

90 cold damage

So you would actually be hitting for the least amount with cold so you wouldn't reduce their cold res at all and in this case, it would not work.

I think there is enough cold damage in the tree to make it work though for most of us though.

I guess lets look at some actual numbers to figure out if it is working or not.

Classic version pastebin

https://pastebin.com/nKRKfM35

Wave of conviction gains 556% increased damage, plus 112% all elemental and another 113% cold.

So if wave of conviction does 100 phys it will do:
25 fire*668% = 167
25 lightning*668% = 167
20 cold*781% = 156.2

So that means with just this alone it will not work. But if you add in the increased cold damage taken from bonechill at 14%, that would you put you at:

20 cold*781% = 156.2 *1.14 = 178

This would mean it would work if they are on your vortex already before it goes off.

Also with frostbite up that should also make it actually work too. On bosses with 33% curse effect that would be -45 cold *.33% which is about -15.

So shaper's 50% res becomes 35% with that curse up. So that base 156.2 damage jumps up from 78.1 to 101.53.
Wave of conviction damage to shaper with frostbite up:
fire 83.5
lightning 83.5
cold 101.53.

Basically it works if vortex is up or frostbite is up, but probably not if those are not up. Unless I missed some other debuff thingy which I probably did. Sorry for all this nonsense. I was bored. My math is probably not right somewhere too.

TLDR: Phantasmal wave of conviction works almost always when you need it to on bosses but might not work on trash unless they are chilled with vortex or cursed first :)

Editado por útlima vez por Orbitalx en 16 oct. 2020 16:17:37
"
Orbitalx escribió:
"
Akisailent escribió:
"
Hemzokuken escribió:

Why level 7??

Bcs you want to use lv1 cwdt with it and so it need to be lv7

Well I guess technically level 7 or lower should work I think. As long as it isn't too high to trigger it with cwdt it is okay.

Looking at the phantasmal version of the gem though I am trying to figure out if we have enough increased cold damage from the tree to make the 20% cold conversion go above the 25% fire or lightning conversion.

Anyone have any idea how much % cold damage you would need to make it go above the fire and lightning? I think you would only need 26% more cold damage for it to work. But does spell damage increase all of the conversions damage?

100 fire damage
100 lightning

90 cold damage

So you would actually be hitting for the least amount with cold so you wouldn't reduce their cold res at all and in this case, it would not work.

I think there is enough cold damage in the tree to make it work though for most of us though.

Just equip the gem and look if your cold damage is higher than others, which it probably will be, the gem is also cheap
"
Akisailent escribió:
"
Orbitalx escribió:

100 fire damage
100 lightning

90 cold damage

Just equip the gem and look if your cold damage is higher than others, which it probably will be, the gem is also cheap

It doesn't put the cold high enough. For my purposes, I linked it to "Added Cold Damage", instead of "Culling Strike", that way it always has cold as the highest. Added Cold Damage to spells on gear would probably also work.

Also, can anyone take a look at my build and help me? I feel like I'm getting absolutely trucked by some things. I can't tank things like I could in Delirium, for sure.

https://pastebin.com/xMwSCJq9

I am literally out of currency at this point, too, so upgrades will take forever. I have no exalt, and only like 3 chaos.
Editado por útlima vez por TayuBW en 16 oct. 2020 15:56:45
"
TayuBW escribió:
"
Akisailent escribió:
"
Orbitalx escribió:

100 fire damage
100 lightning

90 cold damage

It doesn't put the cold high enough. For my purposes, I linked it to "Added Cold Damage", instead of "Culling Strike", that way it always has cold as the highest. Added Cold Damage to spells on gear would probably also work.

Also, can anyone take a look at my build and help me? I feel like I'm getting absolutely trucked by some things. I can't tank things like I could in Delirium, for sure.

I am literally out of currency at this point, too, so upgrades will take forever. I have no exalt, and only like 3 chaos.

Even 1 cluster jewel with cold to the core will do the trick
"
Akisailent escribió:

There were no cluster jewels on the main build. And how will more damage help me from getting one-shot?
"
Akisailent escribió:
"
TayuBW escribió:
"
Akisailent escribió:

I updated my post with a little more math. I am not sure if cold to the core by itself would do enough. It doesn't matter though because frostbite and bonechill put you over the top alone I think. If my math is right :) But again, it will work on bosses and probably not always on trash. You only need it for bosses really anyways.
I'm using a cluster gem based build and my WoC cold damage is ~4 times higher than the other elements.
"
Tsplodey escribió:
I'm using a cluster gem based build and my WoC cold damage is ~4 times higher than the other elements.

Nice so that would make it always work.
I'm doing a non-cluster-jewel build and can't even do Izaro in Uber Lab :(
I have 1934 Int, and 6500 ES, but I get one-shot by Izaro.
I was using level 20 wave of conviction in my LVL 21 cwdt immortal call setup instead of frost bomb. Does some good damage.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional