[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Cjin escribió:
"
MauganRa1234 escribió:
Hello,

at first i want to say i play PoE very casually, so i dont have all the information needed.

At the moment i try out this build.

So now my problem:

i cant get the cast wehen damage taken, hextouch, ball lightning and enfeeble combo to work.

cast when damage taken and enfeeble alone works but as soon i put ball lightning into play it stops working.

I have a 4 socket chest all linked.

enfeeble lvl3
cast when damage taken lvl 1
ball lighning level 3
hextouch level 1

Thank you all for reading this possible easy Problem.

You need to level enfeeble to so high level that cwdt does not try to cast it. What I think is happening right now (not 100% sure) is that because enfeeble is so low level that it can be triggered by cwdt, cwdt tries to trigger it but being linked with hextouch prevents it from being casted. Also level up hextouch, it is better higher level you get it.

Thanks for the suggegtion. I will Try it as soon as i am back from work. I Will keep you posted.

EDIT: Turned out you were right! Thank you very much! as soon enfeeble was to high level to be casted by cast when damage taken it worked perfectly. :)
Editado por útlima vez por MauganRa1234 en 19 oct. 2020 8:20:18
"
pawelos13 escribió:
"
FairyTanya escribió:
"
pawelos13 escribió:
Hey guys, I play with this build for the 1st time, loving it so far, especially because it allowed me to complete some encounters which I've never completed before (Sirus AL8, Uber Elder, Catarina lvl83). Now I want to try and defeat Uber Atziri, but the Trio destroys me every time in both Vaal Temple Map and in the Alluring Abyss (I'm still learning the mechanics, but still). What is your experience with taking on the Uber Atziri fight? Do you have any tips how to perform well with this build against Trio and the Atziri herself?

you know she has reflected damage right?

she is pain in the ass with this build

Yeah, I've discovered it while I was looking for info about the encounter, and this was a part of my thinking process - if defeating Uber Atziri is possible with this build at all.

I was thinking about some skill tree modifications, but there's not enough reflect reduction nodes to solve it - so maybe some gear changes? I remember Sibyl's Lament unique ring and Soul of Yugul can help, but without my rings I don't have capped resistances, and I obviously want to avoid that sacrifice (ironic!).

Maybe there are some Icedancers who managed to complete the Alluring Abyss and they can share some information about how they did it.

You should watch Engineering Eternity's YT guide for the basics of it. It's 3 years old but still applicable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHLl6Z6-ZeU

As for the trio, the hardest boss is Al'Alai, the ranged spine shooting demon. You want to kill her first. If your damage is not high enough to kill her right away you will need to use hit and run tactics. Her "crushing squall" skill is capable of killing in 1 burst only so you have to move fast. Ideally, the 2nd guy to kill is the burning dude. If you let him live last his empowered phase will have a strong fire reflect skill. The 3rd and last guy uses a big AoE cyclone & cleave that inflicts corrupted blood. You'll need to kite him and bring bleed flasks.

Atziri herself can be killed without reflect gear but its not recommended as she has a base reflect that is fairly low but with really high dmg it may be enough to win over your leech. The split phase mirror clone is also a pain to manually avoid with an AoE skill and has full reflected damage. She also reflects any curses back to you so be sure to remove ele weakness or all curses. To mitigate reflect you need either of these:
- Use 5 respec points for Elementalist ascendancy (and 5 more to respec back when done)
- Sibyl's lament & Soul of Yugul Pantheon
- Hunter/Shaper influenced rings with reflect immunity
I wouldn't recommend pathing to reflect passives on the tree just for this fight.

Atziri is really one of the most mechanically demanding boss fights in the game so it really comes down to experience.
Editado por útlima vez por LiNGeN en 19 oct. 2020 13:33:01
Uber Atziri? I guess nobody does her anymore, since she's literally the oldest expansion boss in the game, patch 1.1. And none of her loot matters in the current meta.

1. You need reflect immunity. If you are going to run a bunch of Atziri/Ubers, the easiest way is to spend 5 regrets and respec into Asc Elementalist. Otherwise, Sibyl's Lament + Yugul + a ring with at least some Int and as much res as you need. You can also run a Purity of X as your 3rd aura instead of Aspect.

2. Trio: get on the archer bitch ASAP and kill her first. Watch out for the animation when she raises her arm for 1 sec. This is when she casts the physical damage rain on your current location. That spell can 1-shot you. Dash away from her and finish her off with the ranged tactic: cyclone at her from a distance but stop before you reach her (and the phys rain that's still going on there), and repeat that from different angles until she is dead.

Then kill the fire guy. Then the cyclone guy. The cycloner puts corrupted bleeding on you. A jewel with immunity to that is very useful and easy to get for this build, since we use cheap unique jewels. It's awesome for Sirus and general mapping too. Otherwise, you need a staunching flask.

3. Atziri herself:
- take out EW if you have it. She reflects curses. You really don't want to lower your fire or lightning resistances. Cold (Frostbite) is fine, she doesn't use cold;
- dodge her Stormcalls and twin mega Flameblasts. Regular Flameblast is fine;
- when the statues pop, stand on top of one of them and spam Icestorm. You may eat a Flameblast before they die, and dodge Stormcalls;
- get back on Atziri. Rinse and repeat 3 times. A warding flask (or 2) is good to mitigate reflected Enfeeble.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 19 oct. 2020 17:11:20
Hi all, looking for some general advise on how to improve my survivability and maybe damage on red maps. Currently on awakenening level 4 and redeemer is shredding me apart.

I've might have started using clusters abit too early.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
"
burndangel escribió:
Hi all, looking for some general advise on how to improve my survivability and maybe damage on red maps. Currently on awakenening level 4 and redeemer is shredding me apart.

The goal of this build is, FIRST, you get your intelligence up. THEN, you mess with min-maxing and cluster jewels.

Your intelligence is way too low. I'm running at 2766 int at level 91, with fairly crappy gear (total cost around 250c.) Check out my gear for ideas.

Chest/helm crafting with ilvl 75-79 items takes a while to find usable items but pays off very nicely with high probability.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 22 oct. 2020 3:08:38
"
Graiaule escribió:
"
burndangel escribió:

The goal of this build is, FIRST, you get your intelligence up. THEN, you mess with min-maxing and cluster jewels.

Your intelligence is way too low. I'm running at 2766 int at level 91, with fairly crappy gear (total cost around 250c.) Check out my gear for ideas.

Chest/helm crafting with ilvl 75-79 items takes a while to find usable items but pays off very nicely with high probability.

I have an extremely difficult time believing your gear only cost around 250c.
I see similar chests for 500~
Helms for 400~
Amulets for 600~

But, I mean, I'll buy all your gear for 600c.

"
TayuBW escribió:
"
Graiaule escribió:

Helms for 400~
Amulets for 600~

The helm was purchased for 1ex + 50c, about four days after league start. The seller was pissed off he didn't get the max %int roll, so sold it to me for the cost of the hunter exalt at the time.

The chest was purchased with 2 free suffixes for 20c. I bought a crusader orb for 90c and hit the %int roll. I rerolled it a few times with some hellion alphas.

The amulet was purchased for 5c early in the league. I always have a trade window looking for amulets like this, so got extremely lucky there. But then again, I've managed to do exactly that in the last three leagues (paying 5c-10c for a similar amulet.)

The tranquility anointment was remarkably cheap, at another 46c.

However, previous to that I had an anointed Astramentis that was near max that I essentially got for free. Near league start, buy polymath cards and make your astra. If it's a bad roll, you can ALWAYS sell it for more than you paid for the cards. So you keep buying and selling until you get a good one, then use it. Net cost can be negative depending on how many tries it took.

All the other gear was 1c-5c each except for the belt which I paid 40c for.

So around 270c actually. My bad.

P.S. I counted the number of active searches I have. 18 at the moment. Upgrades are way too expensive now, though. So it'll be cluster jewel time.

P.P.S. This is what you have to do if you're unable to play a lot. I have 3 days 17 hours played at the moment. My income is 80% from the chaos recipe. The max sale I've made has been around 40c for one item, for a Cospri's Malice. Most of my sales are in the 2c range. Apparently I am shit at earning currency.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 22 oct. 2020 16:16:04
"
Graiaule escribió:
"
TayuBW escribió:
"
Graiaule escribió:

Helms for 400~
Amulets for 600~

The helm was purchased for 1ex + 50c, about four days after league start. The seller was pissed off he didn't get the max %int roll, so sold it to me for the cost of the hunter exalt at the time.

The chest was purchased with 2 free suffixes for 20c. I bought a crusader orb for 90c and hit the %int roll. I rerolled it a few times with some hellion alphas.

The amulet was purchased for 5c early in the league. I always have a trade window looking for amulets like this, so got extremely lucky there. But then again, I've managed to do exactly that in the last three leagues (paying 5c-10c for a similar amulet.)

The tranquility anointment was remarkably cheap, at another 46c.

However, previous to that I had an anointed Astramentis that was near max that I essentially got for free. Near league start, buy polymath cards and make your astra. If it's a bad roll, you can ALWAYS sell it for more than you paid for the cards. So you keep buying and selling until you get a good one, then use it. Net cost can be negative depending on how many tries it took.

All the other gear was 1c-5c each except for the belt which I paid 40c for.

So around 270c actually. My bad.

P.S. I counted the number of active searches I have. 18 at the moment. Upgrades are way too expensive now, though. So it'll be cluster jewel time.

Even if you manage to find ridiculously insane deals, though, it's not a reasonable suggestion for others to just go find gear like that on the cheap :p
"
TayuBW escribió:

Even if you manage to find ridiculously insane deals, though, it's not a reasonable suggestion for others to just go find gear like that on the cheap :p

Excuse me?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/elOBnO6FL for example lists three possibilities for further crafting (avoid the one with crafted % ES.) Given annul orbs are less than 2c each, you can craft 6% incr attr for now, and when you're ready with a crusader orb, you can try to annul off a suffix.

Cheap gear is still there. Crafting is in the game for a reason.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 22 oct. 2020 17:40:56
"
Graiaule escribió:
"
TayuBW escribió:

Excuse me?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/elOBnO6FL for example lists three possibilities for further crafting (avoid the one with crafted % ES.) Given annul orbs are less than 2c each, you can craft 6% incr attr for now, and when you're ready with a crusader orb, you can try to annul off a suffix.

Cheap gear is still there. Crafting is in the game for a reason.

But the %int is not the only possible outcome with a Crusader Orb. You could brick the thing and waste 70c.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional