[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Oh geez didn't even think about that!

What do you think of my tree changes?

Like for like comparison with your tree I'm sitting at 356k shaper dps and your dps exact is 289k. If I change to a 15% spell pen watchers eye and all the proper clusters I can crack 450k.

Having 5 cold to the core seems decent. 3300 int without the %attributes on amulet and missing that brute force.

I swapped back to frost bomb too as it feels like it applies more.
Editado por útlima vez por Hemzokuken en 8 oct. 2020 10:58:42
"
motokorth escribió:
Sweet, what is the tool tip dps on ice storm?

42k in hideout without anything running.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
motokorth escribió:

You're not using zealotry are you kelvynn?

My tooltip is 70k with no auras active.

Does that mean PoB also wouldn't take into account arcane surge watchers eye?

Jesus it doesn't include my watchers eye arcane surge...so my PoB shaper dps is at 410k! This league feels much better than last league.
Editado por útlima vez por Hemzokuken en 8 oct. 2020 11:14:27
"
Bab03 escribió:
Is CttC/Prismatic Heart better cluster set up then CttC/Vengeful Commander with Hatred?

You have to have Hatred for that first. That's a significant point investment for 25% more damage. People are dropping important defensive features for that extra bit of damage.

I've always preferred to stay on the safer side. I don't trade defense for damage. That's why I'm lv 97 while casually farming Sirus and not doing anything special to level. I haven't died at lv 96 at all after the first AL8 kill.

One death loses you much more time than 25% more damage can possibly save. Only go for Hatred when you can afford it without becoming squishy.

Hatred is 25% more damage with two Vengeful Commanders. Without them it's only 18%. And they need to be in the side spots if you don't want to spend extra skill points. Check in PoB how much damage and ES you can get with the points you spend to get Hatred. The actual bonus becomes even less in comparison.

If you have to use Enlighten for it, that's a socket that costs you something. For example, if you drop Blade Blast or Culling Strike for it - that's ~10% damage. Arcane Surge is 13%. Cold Exposure (Frost Bomb or WoC) is even more vs bosses. Drop one of the CWDTs and cast IC manually - you lose QoL and may die because you fail to manually cast it when it matters. Drop Inc Duration - and lose half of IC's duration.

Hatred is the ultimate upgrade that's only worth it at the very top levels with extremely good gear.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Bab03 escribió:
Is CttC/Prismatic Heart better cluster set up then CttC/Vengeful Commander with Hatred?

You have to have Hatred for that first. That's a significant point investment for 25% more damage. People are dropping important defensive features for that extra bit of damage.

I've always preferred to stay on the safer side. I don't trade defense for damage. That's why I'm lv 97 while casually farming Sirus and not doing anything special to level. I haven't died at lv 96 at all after the first AL8 kill.

One death loses you much more time than 25% more damage can possibly save. Only go for Hatred when you can afford it without becoming squishy.

Hatred is 25% more damage with two Vengeful Commanders. Without them it's only 18%. And they need to be in the side spots if you don't want to spend extra skill points. Check in PoB how much damage and ES you can get with the points you spend to get Hatred. The actual bonus becomes even less in comparison.

If you have to use Enlighten for it, that's a socket that costs you something. For example, if you drop Blade Blast or Culling Strike for it - that's ~10% damage. Arcane Surge is 13%. Cold Exposure (Frost Bomb or WoC) is even more vs bosses. Drop one of the CWDTs and cast IC manually - you lose QoL and may die because you fail to manually cast it when it matters. Drop Inc Duration - and lose half of IC's duration.

Hatred is the ultimate upgrade that's only worth it at the very top levels with extremely good gear.

Second to this anomalous frost shield is amazing to have and a huge defensive layer. I've got it with cwdt > immortal call > frost bomb > frost shield (I replaced increased duration so not much loss especially if you get alternate cwdt)
"
Hemzokuken escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
motokorth escribió:

You're not using zealotry are you kelvynn?

My tooltip is 70k with no auras active.

Does that mean PoB also wouldn't take into account arcane surge watchers eye?

Jesus it doesn't include my watchers eye arcane surge...so my PoB shaper dps is at 410k! This league feels much better than last league.

I have only Discipline, F&S and Aspect. Same tooltip in town, no combat bonuses of any kind.

It's a bit tricky to configure all actual bonuses correctly in PoB, so I'm always skeptical about the PoB damage numbers people post. They may be accurate, or may not. Checking everybody's PoB's to make sure they have everything selected correctly is too much time. And it doesn't really matter anyway - who cares if Sirus dies 10 sec faster? The randomness is his moves can cause a much bigger difference.

But there is one nice bonus that the changes in 3.12 brought: you can finally calculate your actual DPS! Before this league, you could never tell how many shards per second were actually hitting. I used to just measure my Shaper DPS by dividing 10 million (50% of his hp) by the time he died in the final phase (before they gave him the decaying damage shield). Back in 3.8, if he died in 2.5 sec I knew I did 4 million shaper DPS.

But now that you can have only 5 Icestorms, each hitting 5 times per second, and each hit lands on the boss with CE - you just multiply your hit damage by 25, and that it your actual DPS.
"
Hemzokuken escribió:
(I replaced increased duration so not much loss especially if you get alternate cwdt)

I have Anomalous CWDT too.

ACWDT - IC - ID: 2.14 sec
ACWDT - IC: 1.40 sec

'Not much' is a matter of perspective. IC has a 3 sec cooldown. When you are getting hit a lot, the difference means being protected half of the time or 2/3 of the time.

I think the best solution for this one is to get a white socket and use what's best for what you are doing at the moment.
I guess we are just trying to showcase different variants of passive tree.

It's hard with limited points to change too much but I've given it a red hot crack.

Have a look at my tree and gems to see if I've missed something. (don't mind frost blink not being there as I've got arcane surge in there simulating my watchers eye)

I've tried with 1% damage per 15 int amulet and 12% attributes amulet and the damage one comes ahead slightly....only just. Only reason I'm using it is for 24% zealotry mana reserve reduce.

What will you be upgrading next on your build?

I would love to see a 100% delirious video when you're ready for it. (You should showcase arctic armour in there haha)
"
Hemzokuken escribió:

It's hard with limited points to change too much but I've given it a red hot crack.

Have a look at my tree and gems to see if I've missed something. (don't mind frost blink not being there as I've got arcane surge in there simulating my watchers eye)

I've tried with 1% damage per 15 int amulet and 12% attributes amulet and the damage one comes ahead slightly....only just. Only reason I'm using it is for 24% zealotry mana reserve reduce.

I would love to see a 100% delirious video when you're ready for it. (You should showcase arctic armour in there haha)

That's why the amulet is a low priority. It has to be very good to be a significant upgrade from a perfect Astramentis.

My next step is Awakened Hextouch, which I already bought with the currency from that Sirus kill in the video. Adding EW at lv 5 is a big damage checkpoint.

Now I'm aiming for Awakened EF, CD and CP, Watcher's Eye, corrupted Coil and synthesized gloves/ring.

The final touches will be: a very good amulet and Emperor's Wit. And at lv 100 another nice Megalo.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Hemzokuken escribió:

That's why the amulet is a low priority. It has to be very good to be a significant upgrade from a perfect Astramentis.

My next step is Awakened Hextouch, which I already bought with the currency from that Sirus kill in the video. Adding EW at lv 5 is a big damage checkpoint.

Now I'm aiming for Awakened EF, CD and CP, Watcher's Eye, corrupted Coil and synthesized gloves/ring.

The final touches will be: a very good amulet and Emperor's Wit. And at lv 100 another nice Megalo.

isnt synthesized belt better? with 18% increased int its the same as coil unless u get 1 with int courrpet

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional