"
SkylerOG escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:
So here's the alternative WoC:

and here's the problem with it:
48-72 cold damage
51-76 fire damage

Those are the numbers at lv 1, but the proportion stays the same at any level. The alternative quality converts only 20% of the phys damage to cold, as opposed to 25% fire. And even if it converted 25%, the random spread makes it too unreliable - you can't guarantee that cold will hit harder than fire on any particular hit. Without Hatred or Herald of Ice that is.

Now, the question is: can the same target be affected by both Fire and Cold Exposure at the same time? If yes then it's not too bad. But if no then it's not good at all.
Sorry, but this is absolutely not the case for you since you have Heart of Ice. That's +109% cold damage on top of 6% cold penetration.

But even before this, as long as the AltQ WoC is being used, anyone who is running bonechill with vortex is getting at minimum a +14% (up to +30%) cold damage on chilled enemies.

And, on top of this, once Frostbite procs, the next WoC proc is absolutely the cold exposure.

On top of all this, Wise Oak flask would also add 10-15% cold penetration and ensure WoC procs cold, too.

Also, a cheap way to make WoC proc cold early on would be to grab Frost Walker, or even just the single 12% node leading to Heart of Ice, while having just some # to # flat cold SOMEWHERE on any piece of gear.

And this would be the case without Herald of Ice or any # to # cold dmg to spells on any gear, too if the Alt Quality Phantasmal WoC gem is being used.

20% + 12% > 25% fire/lightning.

But right now, Kelvynn, since you have Heart of Ice and the AltQ gem, you definitely should be using WOC instead of Frost Bomb. There is zero doubt your WoC would proc cold exposure 100% of the time. You have way more +cold damage than the +25% fire or lightning.

I mean nobody should be settling for 1 Frost Bomb proc(2.5s cooldown) vs potentially 10 WoC procs (0.25s cooldown due to CWDT) in that same 2.5 seconds. That's silly.

Those are my actual numbers from equipping the gem. I'm sure they already include all cold damage increases except penetration.

The problem is in the variance. Each hit will deal a random amount of cold damage between 48 and 72, and a random 51-76 fire damage. Sure, the actual amount of cold will be higher, but it's still quite possible for the random fire amount to end up higher than cold. Bonechill won't work for targets not near you since Vortex is cast on you.

Hence the question: can the same target have BOTH exposures at the same time? Fire from an occasional unlucky proc and cold from most 'good' ones?
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Hence the question: can the same target have BOTH exposures at the same time? Fire from an occasional unlucky proc and cold from most 'good' ones?

Why don't I go and check? Haha. I went to Act 10 and manually cast WoC on some mobs. In about 1/3 of the cases they became Vulnerable to Fire instead of Cold. However, when I then dropped Frost Bomb on them they became Vulnerable to both Fire and Cold!

That means the Exposure debuffs can stack. That's all we need! WoC can proc almost as often as CWDT itself. Meaning that against a persistent source of damage it will proc multiple times and guarantee that Cold Exposure will get applied.

I'll play with this Phantasmal WoC and see how it goes.
Another question: is there a way to tell that a monster is Unnerved? I spammed Blade Blast on some mobs, but there seems to be no visual indication or a text under their names about it. How do we know that Blade Blast is working?
"
Hemzokuken escribió:

Check out my current league tree for a split personality build

Yes, that's the other main route you can take. You can use PoB to choose between them, given what cluster jewels you have. I had that route earlier in Delirium, before I switched to the posted one.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Graiaule escribió:
Whoa. Watch out for these:

You can't kill the trap shooters, nor leech from them.

I had never seen them before. 6500 ES down fairly quickly as I was trying to kill them to clear the way out.

That's one of the room traps that you can disable. There is an object nearby that your companions can switch off.

It's similar to running through corridors with lasers or landmines without disabling them - don't do it!

LOL. Good game design from GGG. Not being sarcastic -- the GGG designers try hard to kill off the overpowered players, and any time they succeed, they have a round of drinks. And that's a good thing for the game.

I didn't see the disable icon. The lasers & landmine are easy to see and I haven't had a problem with them. Thanks, I'll keep an eye out now that I know what to look for.
Here's the result of me testing Alternative WoC:

- It works fine for applying Cold Exposure. It procs several times more often than Frost Bomb, and if it doesn't apply Cold on the first proc (because fire or lightning randomly does more damage) then it surely will on the 2nd proc when the target already has Frostbite and will take a whole lot more Cold damage.

- I'm not impressed with WoC as a curse vessel. It goes only in one direction, it moves slowly, and it doesn't get very far. Enemies at the edge of my screebn remain uncursed even when they are in the same direction as WoC just went off to. Not to mention enemies around me in other directions.

Ball Lightning is much better for curse application. It's fast, it instantly curses everything near me in a radius, and then it also curses everything in the targeted direction, more than 1 screen away, and very quickly. This fits my play style a lot better than WoC. I like to Frostblink into packs of enemies.

Overall: I'm keeping BL in the main curse link, but going to use WoC instead of Frost Bomb in the secondary CWDT link (with Blade Blast).
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 24 sept. 2020 17:47:11
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Those are my actual numbers from equipping the gem. I'm sure they already include all cold damage increases except penetration.

The problem is in the variance. Each hit will deal a random amount of cold damage between 48 and 72, and a random 51-76 fire damage. Sure, the actual amount of cold will be higher, but it's still quite possible for the random fire amount to end up higher than cold. Bonechill won't work for targets not near you since Vortex is cast on you.

Understand I'm not trying to contradict you or say you're wrong...

But I simply don't understand how you can have the Phantasmal WoC gem doing 20% phys conversion to cold (which means there's 25% conversion to fire, 25% conversion to lightning & 20% conversion to cold... so a net 5% difference), and then you have +109% cold damage and 6% cold penetration from Heart of Ice, and somehow that 5% difference isn't made irrelevant?

That just makes no sense.

You're looking at your in-game tooltip, but I think you should look at the Calc's tab in PoB, and I bet your # to # cold is way more than fire and lightning.
Editado por útlima vez por SkylerOG en 24 sept. 2020 17:47:17
"
SkylerOG escribió:
Understand I'm not trying to contradict you or say you're wrong...

But I simply don't understand how you can have the Phantasmal WoC gem doing 20% phys conversion to cold (which means there's 25% conversion to fire, 25% conversion to lightning & 20% conversion to cold... so a net 5% difference), and then you have +109% cold damage and 6% cold penetration from Heart of Ice, and somehow that 5% difference isn't made irrelevant?

That just makes no sense.

You're looking at your in-game tooltip, but I think you should look at the Calc's tab in PoB, and I bet your # to # cold is way more than fire and lightning.

You can test it yourself easily. I actually did in the next post. Fire or Lightning Exposure gets applied quite often, when their random damage is on the high end of the interval while Cold is at the low end. So no, Cold is far from guaranteed even with the significant buffs to cold damage.

However, it's not an issue anymore. Read on to the end of my testing posts (last one is just above this one).
"
Hemzokuken escribió:
"
Graiaule escribió:
"
Tsplodey escribió:
I've been using the 3.10 Delirium tree for my build and only just realised that Split Personality is limited to 2 now. Is there a better version of the tree that accommodates for the nerf or should I just stick with it and aim for regular jewels Int/Cold dmg etc jewels.

Check out my modified build from Delirium: https://pastebin.com/N1ibLSEb . It's been fixed to use only 2 split personality jewels. Note this is a hatred build.

Gear is not top tier, so only 12070 ES and 2826 int. I was running around 15K ES and 3700 int with my 11 split jewels -- the good ol' days.

Check out my current league tree for a split personality build

what is ur current int? cus i added split personlty and it added 30 int to my setup is it really worth? it feels like i lose a lot of energy shield for a lil bit more int

"
phantom_god escribió:

what is ur current int? cus i added split personlty and it added 30 int to my setup is it really worth? it feels like i lose a lot of energy shield for a lil bit more int

Have you accidentally bridged your passives somewhere? I'm getting 91 Int each using Hem's tree. https://i.imgur.com/uNGK0oC.png

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional