[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Tecken1407 escribió:
Why do you guys have 5L ice whispering staff ? I thought 3L is enough only?

Because there is a flood of them on the market in this league. A whole lot of 6S 5L WI's for sale. I still don't know where they come from. It's like there is a common card that gives you a random 6S 5L staff, but for the WI.

Other than that, 3L is perfectly fine (Cyclone - CwC - Inspiration).

They drop from heists' chests. Specifically, the weapon chests. I have gotten a shitty 6l and a few 5ls from there.
So here's the alternative WoC:

and here's the problem with it:
48-72 cold damage
51-76 fire damage

Those are the numbers at lv 1, but the proportion stays the same at any level. The alternative quality converts only 20% of the phys damage to cold, as opposed to 25% fire. And even if it converted 25%, the random spread makes it too unreliable - you can't guarantee that cold will hit harder than fire on any particular hit. Without Hatred or Herald of Ice that is.

Now, the question is: can the same target be affected by both Fire and Cold Exposure at the same time? If yes then it's not too bad. But if no then it's not good at all.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 23 sept. 2020 17:32:05
"
Kelvynn escribió:

48-72 cold damage
51-76 fire damage

Those are the numbers at lv 1, but the proportion stays the same at any level. The alternative quality converts only 20% of the phys damage to cold, as opposed to 25% fire. And even if it converted 25%, the random spread makes it too unreliable - you can't guarantee that cold will hit harder than fire on any particular hit. Without Hatred or Herald of Ice that is.

Now, the question is: can the same target be affected by both Fire and Cold Exposure at the same time? If yes then it's not too bad. But if no then it's not good at all.

This would work well with Hatred properly though, right?
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Tecken1407 escribió:

Because there is a flood of them on the market in this league. A whole lot of 6S 5L WI's for sale. I still don't know where they come from. It's like there is a common card that gives you a random 6S 5L staff, but for the WI.

Other than that, 3L is perfectly fine (Cyclone - CwC - Inspiration).

It's a Heist thing. 6S 5L uniques are dropping like crazy compared to all other socket combinations.

Anyways, have you had a chance to test around with the new ice storm yet?
Regarding being shotgunned by heist mobs behind a door, I just flame dash through them and attack from behind.

There is definitely a gear check involved though. I did an ilvl 83 heist by accident, and got laserblasted by some mob. One shot me with basalt up and 6K ES. It was a giant red beam, BLAMM!

Pretty fucking cool!! I really like it that the heists are dangerous.
"
Kelvynn escribió:

48-72 cold damage
51-76 fire damage

Sorry, but this is absolutely not the case for you since you have Heart of Ice. That's +109% cold damage on top of 6% cold penetration.

But even before this, as long as the AltQ WoC is being used, anyone who is running bonechill with vortex is getting at minimum a +14% (up to +30%) cold damage on chilled enemies.

And, on top of this, once Frostbite procs, the next WoC proc is absolutely the cold exposure.

On top of all this, Wise Oak flask would also add 10-15% cold penetration and ensure WoC procs cold, too.

Also, a cheap way to make WoC proc cold early on would be to grab Frost Walker, or even just the single 12% node leading to Heart of Ice, while having just some # to # flat cold SOMEWHERE on any piece of gear.

And this would be the case without Herald of Ice or any # to # cold dmg to spells on any gear, too if the Alt Quality Phantasmal WoC gem is being used.

20% + 12% > 25% fire/lightning.

But right now, Kelvynn, since you have Heart of Ice and the AltQ gem, you definitely should be using WOC instead of Frost Bomb. There is zero doubt your WoC would proc cold exposure 100% of the time. You have way more +cold damage than the +25% fire or lightning.

I mean nobody should be settling for 1 Frost Bomb proc(2.5s cooldown) vs potentially 10 WoC procs (0.25s cooldown due to CWDT) in that same 2.5 seconds. That's silly.
Editado por útlima vez por SkylerOG en 23 sept. 2020 19:17:04
Is there a new PoB, or is everyone using the Delirium one?
"
Tsplodey escribió:
"
Tecken1407 escribió:

Can't speak for everyone but 6S5L is common af on trade and as long as you don't link Cyclone to Controlled Destruction its not a big deal. I managed to snag a max roll WI on the cheap with 5L but its simple to unlink it if need be.

what are you talking about, just throw a fuse on it and break the 5L. :D
"
ultra_super_hyper escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:

48-72 cold damage
51-76 fire damage

This would work well with Hatred properly though, right?
If you have the AltQ Phantasmal WoC gem that converts 20% of phys to cold, then yes, Hatred will boost that cold damage so far ahead of the fire and lightning it will easily proc cold exposure 100% of the time.

But you have to have that AltQ gem. Otherwise, you need # to # flat cold on some item of gear + Hatred or really any > than 25% cold damage to get cold above the 25% fire and lightning.

Or, you simply use Herald of Ice.
Editado por útlima vez por SkylerOG en 23 sept. 2020 19:03:24
I've lost track of the various new ideas here. I'm sticking with arctic armor until I can afford the spider aspect. Need more defense in heists than in any map...

If someone actually has an improvement to Spider-Flesh-Discipline, please let us all know.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 23 sept. 2020 20:22:25

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional