[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Why do you guys have 5L ice whispering staff ? I thought 3L is enough only?
"
Gottwurm escribió:
love the skill and the guide helped me a lot, but i have big problems doing any heists (like instantly die after opening a door) and i suck at math so its kinda hard to understand what skills to take and what equipment to focus on. im trying to copy what i see from you guys, but i struggle with suddenly dropping to near 0 or insta die on levels where i otherwise cyclone through without any problems.

Based on your equipment you might have too low ES atm. Try to find better pieces. And do you have capped (75%) resists?

"
main points for me are:
is there a ranged alternative setup for the second slot to play safer in situations where i dont want to melee with cyclone(in party play with a summoner) ? what gems are good for that (weapon)?

Another Whispering Ice without cyclone? A selfcast version. That goes where you point it.

"
manually casting ball lightning to curse enemies kinda sucks (because you cant cyclone during the cast). is there either a longer ranged spell for that or one that can be cast like vortex during cyclone ?

CWDT setup is for this, it goes off instantly for almost no damage if it's beside a lvl1 gem.

You can try to 'trick' the enemy too at the door. Just run though infront of it and they use their skills, then you go in.
Editado por útlima vez por Madrac en 23 sept. 2020 7:29:29
"
Tecken1407 escribió:

Can't speak for everyone but 6S5L is common af on trade and as long as you don't link Cyclone to Controlled Destruction its not a big deal. I managed to snag a max roll WI on the cheap with 5L but its simple to unlink it if need be.
"
Kelvynn escribió:

Frost Bomb center on the target (the enemy that dealt the damage that triggered CWDT).

The main problem with WoC is that you need to run Hatred. LiNGeN drops Flesh & Stone for it. I prefer to stay safe. Also, IMO Hatred is only worth it when you have the endgame CttC/Vengeful Commander clusters. It's too early to run Hatred at the point where we are.

Here's my current safe setup:

came to maps last night and go up to t6. First time in all leagues til now i never died in Maps. Thats mostly as i cant run so fast as bevor and some yellow guys (mostly if they are resistent to ele dmg (did ggg buff that on mobs). Boss needs longer but didnd die to one of them.
BUT in heists i died a lot. Mostly with groups behind doors. IF i am slowly pulling them and kill them it works, but thats really annoying. If i dash through them it works 2 of 3 times, as sometimes i cant dash and then i am dead. For me is that bullshit design. Will see how it works with the changes they made today, if i am finishe with work.

but the biggest problem for me is that sometimes cycloning stopps with no reason. (is in bugg forum).
Got really really cheap stampede (game changer as you can do mapps nearly double in clear speed) cyclopean and goud chest for now 60c together. Never happend to me in leagues. so fastest 79 ever made with my limited play time.
All in all is the build back to the roots dmgwise and much more confortable to cyclone playwise.

I know the times with winter orb or other selfcast wi. I tried it in beginning of league but it feels really annoying. With cyclone boss need much longer, maps are ok. Only blight and legion are totally bullshit as bevor delirium. blight is the most fucking up. Bevor i can make the screen white with icestorms and wait mobs incoming. Now i must look where they are and if i am a little to late my pump is gone. thats not funny.

So my conclusion for the build. Its not the over over over powered from delirum, not the over over powered from harvest, but the more powerful in comparision to harbinger, abyss bestiariy.

I can life with it also i am sad to not destroy all contend as in delirium
"
Tsplodey escribió:
"
Tecken1407 escribió:

Can't speak for everyone but 6S5L is common af on trade and as long as you don't link Cyclone to Controlled Destruction its not a big deal. I managed to snag a max roll WI on the cheap with 5L but its simple to unlink it if need be.

Accidently linket as i tried to get green blue and red together :-)
"
gruumine escribió:
u forgot discipline.

Haha, good point. I do remember somebody complaining about dying while he didn't have that basic aura. Added.
"
Schwebbes escribió:
Hey guys, @Kelvynn and the other active Icedancers how far did you progress in the atlas, which conqueror lvl are you at? How does the bossdmg as well as the mapping in regards to clearspeed feel?

I'm currently on my 3rd wave of Conquerors and low red maps (T11-12). Still steamrolling everything with almost no deaths. The 5 storm limit has not been limiting me yet. I expect it to come into play around T14-16. I can feel the difference made by the Icestorm hit radius change: a lot more actual hits. Uber Lab was a total joke with Frost Shield.

I'm enjoying the Heists so much that I'm spending about half of my time mapping and the other half thieving. Especially now that GGG removed the alert increase for killing the guards. Heists are just maps with a lot of nice loot now.

Loving this league!
"
Gottwurm escribió:
love the skill and the guide helped me a lot, but i have big problems doing any heists (like instantly die after opening a door)

Poke in the doorway and immediately Frostblink (or Flame Dash) backwards. They will all fire at the empty spot, and then you faceroll them. This will also be toned down in the next patch, GGG already posted about it in the announcement.

"
im currently using arctic armor because i think i die from heavy hits. is sand aura better for save play against groups of enemies ?

Flesh & Stone is FAR better than AA. But why are you choosing? You should have both of them until you replace AA with Aspect of the Spider (which is only ~20c currently). See the Safety Checklist a few posts above.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 23 sept. 2020 12:04:53
"
Tecken1407 escribió:

Because there is a flood of them on the market in this league. A whole lot of 6S 5L WI's for sale. I still don't know where they come from. It's like there is a common card that gives you a random 6S 5L staff, but for the WI.

Other than that, 3L is perfectly fine (Cyclone - CwC - Inspiration).
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 23 sept. 2020 12:17:31
"
SkylerOG escribió:
The big differences are that Frost Bomb has a cooldown of 2.5s and a center point radius of 24 from the mob that caused the damage.

While WoC only has a cooldown of 0.27s and a forward "cone-shaped" trajectory that travels 30 units just at it's base (6 further than Frost Bomb), which can be increased with +AoE AND +duration, multiplicatively.

But, the big one of those is the fact WoC can proc multiple times every second, while Frost Bomb can only proc every 2.5 seconds. So for map clearing, WoC >>>>>>> Frost Bomb. And for bossing, they are at a minimum, equal.

But again, the downside to WoC is you need either flat cold damage on your gear somewhere, or you need to run Herald of Ice. (or as just mentioned, get the Alt Quality WoC with phys to cold).

WoC is definitely better than Frost Bomb. But not worth the big price of running unsafe auras early in the league. You don't really need Cold Exposure for trash clearing. Most of the trash dies without hitting you. Against a boss or a tanky rare you will have it either way.

If we ever find a cheap way to incorporate WoC - that will be nice. But it's not a big deal.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 23 sept. 2020 12:15:53

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional