[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Hemzokuken escribió:
I would love some solid theory around what auras we should be taking end game and why.

For us to increase our boss damage what do we need?

Hatred vs Herald of ice. (18% cold vs flat cold damage added)

Flesh and stone (is this worth having endgame or is something better for bosses)

Discipline is a must.

Are skitterbots that beneficial when vortex and icestorm are already chilling??

Please theorycraft....
I would think Herald of Ice + Wave of Conviction = more damage than Hatred. Unless you have enough flat cold on your gear to proc -cold exposure on WoC already. Then Hatred is surely better.

Discipline and F&S are staples you can't go without, IMO.

AA is a waste, IMO.

And the shock level from Skitterbots is like 17-19'ish on white trash mobs and goes down drastically from there. To the point I doubt it's even reaching the minimum lvl 5 threshold on most bosses, and certainly not on bigger bosses (Conqueror's and up). And you're already chilling mobs, so that's moot. So basically, endgame, it's a 15% increased damage modifier on bosses(because can't really shock), and a fair amount more on trash mobs(because can shock)... for 35% mana reservation.

I would go for Aspect of Spider over Skitterbots (which is 10% less mana reservation, too) for practically the same 15% damage increase, but also the big movement speed hinder debuff.
Editado por útlima vez por SkylerOG en 22 sept. 2020 12:41:12
"
Hemzokuken escribió:
"
I started this build yesterday. Act10 Kitava done.
When I try mapping. Even a white tier map, I still feel really weak.
Died 4-5 times. I know it's because a budget gear with just 2.5k ES.

Is this could be better with an entire ES gear?
How many int, gem progression, level that enough to get into red map?

You can easily get to 6k es with budget gear...most of the things are 1c ea but the passive tree and fertile minds/brute strength jewels make it a lot easier.

Thx. It's now okay as you said when change to rare ES gear.
I focused too much on unique gear for early leveling.
"
Hemzokuken escribió:
Hang on......does arctic armour even do anything for us.....

How often are we stationary.....everything else already applys a chill.

AA is a leveling tool, until you replace it with Aspect of the Spider. It works wonders against stationary bosses (such as Uber Izaro, Minotaur and a few others you may encounter in the maps). It works when you are cycloning on one spot without actually moving. Eventually you replace it.
"
Hemzokuken escribió:
Spoiler
I have cracked 2.5k intelligence :D

Got 2 x split personality with only int...no int and es exist yet. (They were 25c ea)

Hit my 2 large clusters with 8 passives by alt spamming and got 2 x 6% int rings. (Bases 10c ea and spent about 50 alts total getting both finished)

This league is great and cheap!! Rings were 10c ea!

Check out my gear and tree to let me know what I can change.

Uhh... how do you leech ES?
"
Graiaule escribió:
LiNGeN, I'd be interested in your comments re the use of Wave of Conviction, Blade Blast, and no Immortal Call in your skill loadout.
Sure. WoC applies cold exposure (-25% cold resistance) if cold dmg is dominant, replacing frost bomb. Blade Blast unnerves on hit (10% increased dmg taken). I currently use Steelskin but will swap to IC when I approach AL4+ or higher.

"
Kelvynn escribió:
Spoiler
"
LiNGeN escribió:
Okay so after spending the last 12 hours confused and slightly unhappy about how bad the new storm limit feels I've now tested Archmage selfcasting. It is the best so far. I got my first conqueror spawn and it went better than I thought it would with my messy gear and passive tree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y7du117AKM

Eep! I think you are going wrong way big time. There is no need to switch to the clunky self-casting. The clear speed and the kill itself are so slow in your video.

I haven't spent much time playing yet, and my gear is still very basic (just Astramentis, 6S staff and The Stampede) but I absolutely destroyed that first Conqueror in a very similar situation. He was dead right as he spawned his lightning tiles. And the map was clear speed was what the regular Cyclone + The Stampede (or Quicksilver) provides - just spin through, and everything dies. I use Inc AoE for clearing and CE for bosses.

Say No to self-casting. CwC is still fine. The only problem with the 5-storm limit is the endgame bossing.

I found a new nice thing too: Frost Shield. It's awesome! The description makes it sound like it provides a small-ish shield that depletes, but in reality the shield seems to last full 10 sec. It's great for tanking bosses with Arctic Armour and Tukohama.
I didn't share that video to show off, just show how it looked like.

Yep, I've been using Frost Shield for a couple days now. It has some good usage scenarios, for example metamorphs.

"
adambog escribió:
Spoiler
"
Hemzokuken escribió:
I would love some solid theory around what auras we should be taking end game and why.

For us to increase our boss damage what do we need?

Hatred vs Herald of ice. (18% cold vs flat cold damage added)

Flesh and stone (is this worth having endgame or is something better for bosses)

Discipline is a must.

Are skitterbots that beneficial when vortex and icestorm are already chilling??

Please theorycraft....

why nobody reads first posts anymore, huge amount of build theory is described in there (including auras)
No kidding... This guy has asked me the same questions over and over and then he's been flooding the thread with the same questions to everyone else despite having answered him.

"
Portuscale escribió:
Just a quick question,

would it be bad to use CWDT + IC + Blade Blast + Enduring Cry?

Enduring cry now Regens life instead of giving flat Life, and we have Z Oath node.

Enduring Cry can't be triggered. Other than that, sure. Try it out.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Hemzokuken escribió:
Spoiler
I have cracked 2.5k intelligence :D

Got 2 x split personality with only int...no int and es exist yet. (They were 25c ea)

Hit my 2 large clusters with 8 passives by alt spamming and got 2 x 6% int rings. (Bases 10c ea and spent about 50 alts total getting both finished)

This league is great and cheap!! Rings were 10c ea!

Check out my gear and tree to let me know what I can change.

Uhh... how do you leech ES?
I noticed that too.

Also, is there something about Perfect Agony I don't know about? Looks like -30% damage to me on PoB. So not sure what it's doing for him.
"
LiNGeN escribió:
No kidding... This guy has asked me the same questions over and over and then he's been flooding the thread with the same questions to everyone else despite having answered him.

Flooding the thread...at least I'm keeping it active and trying to make the build better.

How has flat damage been answered since the buff? Valid question IMO.

Was the only way we were getting leech last league via the wachers eye?
"
LiNGeN escribió:

"
Portuscale escribió:
Just a quick question,

would it be bad to use CWDT + IC + Blade Blast + Enduring Cry?

Enduring cry now Regens life instead of giving flat Life, and we have Z Oath node.

Enduring Cry can't be triggered. Other than that, sure. Try it out.

noticed that after using it
There's plenty of leech available on the tree right? I also like to run ene leech support.
"
ultra_super_hyper escribió:
There's plenty of leech available on the tree right? I also like to run ene leech support.

Yeah I dropped a few damage nodes to take some leech back and didn't realise we aren't meant to be using Perfect Agony.

My icestorm tooltip is at 24k dps

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional