[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
YourFather escribió:
After not liking the new Firestorm I've decided to switch to WI Inquisitor and stumbled upon this. All is good so far, but I have one big issue - CWDT+BL+Hextouch+Enfeeble does NOT apply the curse (hex* now). Levels are proper, I have blind as the 5th support and removing it does nothing.
I am really puzzled here. Anybody else encountered the same issue?
I'm sure you had some gem that was too high. My "hextouch" setup works fine.

"
ligong2 escribió:
Really hate the new sound effect. Am i playing POE or train simulator?
Agree. I think of an old steam train or a watermill... Its like white noise if you spin around constantly. The old sound was more soothing for the ears with all those razorsharp impacts. :)

If anyone's interested I've started a global chat channel for Whispering Ice players: 153 (for ice :-)
LiNGeN, I'd be interested in your comments re the use of Wave of Conviction, Blade Blast, and no Immortal Call in your skill loadout.
Hey guys,

Made it to 2k int....made a Vaal regalia with % int and 400es. I miss harvest lol!

Have 7k es now and am slowly working on better gear.

Eyeing off the int split personalities....might even try for an int only one as es/int ones are 5ex ATM lol

What is another way to get easy es?

When should you swap a 12% attributes belt for a cyclopian belt and what % min would you want on it for it to be an upgrade?

Single target is a little low on A4 conqs...but hopefully more es will fix that and some clusters with damage.
"
LiNGeN escribió:
Okay so after spending the last 12 hours confused and slightly unhappy about how bad the new storm limit feels I've now tested Archmage selfcasting. It is the best so far. I got my first conqueror spawn and it went better than I thought it would with my messy gear and passive tree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y7du117AKM

Eep! I think you are going wrong way big time. There is no need to switch to the clunky self-casting. The clear speed and the kill itself are so slow in your video.

I haven't spent much time playing yet, and my gear is still very basic (just Astramentis, 6S staff and The Stampede) but I absolutely destroyed that first Conqueror in a very similar situation. He was dead right as he spawned his lightning tiles. And the map was clear speed was what the regular Cyclone + The Stampede (or Quicksilver) provides - just spin through, and everything dies. I use Inc AoE for clearing and CE for bosses.

Say No to self-casting. CwC is still fine. The only problem with the 5-storm limit is the endgame bossing.

I found a new nice thing too: Frost Shield. It's awesome! The description makes it sound like it provides a small-ish shield that depletes, but in reality the shield seems to last full 10 sec. It's great for tanking bosses with Arctic Armour and Tukohama.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 21 sept. 2020 19:04:14
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
LiNGeN escribió:
Okay so after spending the last 12 hours confused and slightly unhappy about how bad the new storm limit feels I've now tested Archmage selfcasting. It is the best so far. I got my first conqueror spawn and it went better than I thought it would with my messy gear and passive tree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y7du117AKM

Eep! I think you are going wrong way big time. There is no need to switch to the clunky self-casting. The clear speed and the kill itself are so slow in your video.

I haven't spent much time playing yet, and my gear is still very basic (just Astramentis, 6S staff and The Stampede) but I absolutely destroyed that first Conqueror in a very similar situation. He was dead right as he spawned his lightning tiles. And the map was clear speed was what the regular Cyclone + The Stampede (or Quicksilver) provies - just spin through, and everything dies. I use Inc AoE for clearing and CE for bosses.

Say No to self-casting. CwC is still fine. The only problem with the 5-storm limit is the endgame bossing.

I found a new nice thing too: Frost Shield. It's awesome! The description makes it sound like it provides a small-ish shield that depletes, but in reality the shield seems to last full 10 sec. It's great for tanking bosses with Arctic Armour and Tukohama.

I just got an arctic armor mana reserve is 30% reduced lab enchant on my ilvl 77 hubris circlet with 50 int ;)

Where would you slot arctic armour?
Editado por útlima vez por Hemzokuken en 21 sept. 2020 19:04:09
"
Hemzokuken escribió:
I just got an arctic armor mana reserve is 30% reduced lab enchant on my ilvl 77 hubris circlet with 50 int ;)

AA is a part of the classic build. Put it in any free socket, as long as it's not linked to any supports that increase mana reservation.

I'm following the classic version, plus Frost Shield. My play time is a bit limited, but I got to lv 80 without any issues whatsoever and destroyed everything in my way. I don't have a 5L chest for 2 curses yet, so not even using Frostbite. And I haven't done Uber Lab yet either.

Heists are so much fun! With this build I basically do them 'backwards' - run to the final room, only killing guards at the locked doors, then (once the prize is ready to be taken) move backwards and open chests until the alert bar is almost full. Then go grab the prize and cyclone/frostblink back to the entrance.

There are still quite a few bugs with Heists, but the build works really well with this league mechanic.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Hemzokuken escribió:

AA is a part of the classic build. Put it in any free socket, as long as it's not linked to any supports that increase mana reservation.

I'm following the classic version, plus Frost Shield. My play time is a bit limited, but I got to lv 80 without any issues whatsoever and destroyed everything in my way. I don't have a 5L chest for 2 curses yet, so not even using Frostbite. And I haven't done Uber Lab yet either.

Heists are so much fun! With this build I basically do them 'backwards' - run to the final room, only killing guards at the locked doors, then (once the prize is ready to be taken) move backwards and open chests until the alert bar is almost full. Then go grab the prize and cyclone/frostblink back to the entrance.

There are still quite a few bugs with Heists, but the build works really well with this league mechanic.

So 2 X unset rings one with arctic armour and one with Frost shield??

Which auras should I be running keep in mind I took sovereignty and am currently running flesh and stone + discipline + hatred.
Hang on......does arctic armour even do anything for us.....

How often are we stationary.....everything else already applys a chill.
I would love some solid theory around what auras we should be taking end game and why.

For us to increase our boss damage what do we need?

Hatred vs Herald of ice. (18% cold vs flat cold damage added)

Flesh and stone (is this worth having endgame or is something better for bosses)

Discipline is a must.

Are skitterbots that beneficial when vortex and icestorm are already chilling??

Please theorycraft....
Skitterbots are useful cuz the minor shock I think (as compared to the chill).

I personally intend to run Flesh and stone and discipline most definitely. For now my third is AA but idk if it's worth it or overkill or something.
I'd love to try some skitterbots + inpulsa for funsies eventually though!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional