[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
LiNGeN escribió:
"
Graiaule escribió:
LiNGeN, I'd be interested in your comments re the use of Wave of Conviction, Blade Blast, and no Immortal Call in your skill loadout.
Sure. WoC applies cold exposure (-25% cold resistance) if cold dmg is dominant, replacing frost bomb. Blade Blast unnerves on hit (10% increased dmg taken). I currently use Steelskin but will swap to IC when I approach AL4+ or higher.

So the difference is that WoC casts forward in a cone but Frost Bomb is an AOE centered around you?

Both of them apply cold exposure, and both have exactly the same damage result in PoB.
"
Graiaule escribió:
"
LiNGeN escribió:
"
Graiaule escribió:
LiNGeN, I'd be interested in your comments re the use of Wave of Conviction, Blade Blast, and no Immortal Call in your skill loadout.
Sure. WoC applies cold exposure (-25% cold resistance) if cold dmg is dominant, replacing frost bomb. Blade Blast unnerves on hit (10% increased dmg taken). I currently use Steelskin but will swap to IC when I approach AL4+ or higher.

So the difference is that WoC casts forward in a cone but Frost Bomb is an AOE centered around you?

Both of them apply cold exposure, and both have exactly the same damage result in PoB.

Frost Bomb center on the target (the enemy that dealt the damage that triggered CWDT).

The main problem with WoC is that you need to run Hatred. LiNGeN drops Flesh & Stone for it. I prefer to stay safe. Also, IMO Hatred is only worth it when you have the endgame CttC/Vengeful Commander clusters. It's too early to run Hatred at the point where we are.

Here's my current safe setup:
"
Graiaule escribió:
"
LiNGeN escribió:
"
Graiaule escribió:

Yeah WoC goes out in a cone shaped wave. It can be lengthened with skill duration or widened with AoE, but only then would it equal ball lightning in terms of coverage. The cold exposure by WoC is applied on hit, whereas frost bomb applies in an area around it. The exposure is a debuff lasting 4 seconds I think.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Frost Bomb center on the target (the enemy that dealt the damage that triggered CWDT).

The main problem with WoC is that you need to run Hatred. LiNGeN drops Flesh & Stone for it. I prefer to stay safe. Also, IMO Hatred is only worth it when you have the endgame CttC/Vengeful Commander clusters. It's too early to run Hatred at the point where we are.

Here's my current safe setup:
Actually you can get it with the alternate quality WoC that applies up to 20% cold conversion dmg, which is enough with all our cold damage passives to make it the highest dmg from WoC. Especially when we get the CttC nodes :). When I lvl up my Enlighten to 3 and break the threshold for cold exposure on my WoC without Hatred I will take it off and allocate supreme ego for an empowered discipline, and replace hatred with skitterbots. This should equal more dmg & ES than before the switch for me.
Safety Checklist

If you are struggling to stay alive, check your build and make sure you have all of the following:

- maxed resists;

- defensive auras: Discipline, Flesh & Stone, Aspect of the Spider (or Arctic Armour until you get Aspect);

- ES leech clusters in the tree: Ghost Reaver, Light Eater, Ethereal feast;

- defensive links: CWDT - Immortal Call and CWDT - BL - Hextouch - Enfeeble;

- defensive Pantheon: Solaris (fully upgraded, or at least the crit mitigation), Tukohama;

- Cyclopean Coil (shock and ignite immunity);

- Basalt flask (preferably with reduced charges, 30/60) and a Sulphur flask;

- ability to remove freeze, curses and bleeding on your flasks.

Replacing these defenses with things that give you more damage may drastically reduce your survivability early in a new league. Trade safety for damage only when you are very well geared or don't care about dying.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 23 sept. 2020 11:49:21
"
LiNGeN escribió:
Actually you can get it with the alternate quality WoC that applies up to 20% cold conversion dmg

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. But that's not readily available yet.
"
Graiaule escribió:
"
LiNGeN escribió:
"
Graiaule escribió:

The big differences are that Frost Bomb has a cooldown of 2.5s and a center point radius of 24 from the mob that caused the damage.

While WoC only has a cooldown of 0.25s (the CWDT cooldown, actually) and a forward "cone-shaped" trajectory that travels 30 units just at it's base (6 further than Frost Bomb), which can be increased with +AoE AND +duration, multiplicatively.

But, the big one of those is the fact WoC can proc multiple times every second, while Frost Bomb can only proc every 2.5 seconds. So for map clearing, WoC >>>>>>> Frost Bomb. And for bossing, they are at a minimum, equal.

But again, the downside to WoC is you need either flat cold damage on your gear somewhere, or you need to run Herald of Ice. (or as just mentioned, get the Alt Quality WoC with phys to cold).
Editado por útlima vez por SkylerOG en 23 sept. 2020 19:15:55
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Safety Checklist

If you are struggling to stay alive, check your build and make sure you have all of the following:

- maxed resists;

- defensive auras: Flesh & Stone, Aspect of the Spider (or Arctic Armour until you get Aspect);

- ES leech clusters in the tree: Ghost Reaver, Light Eater, Ethereal feast;

- defensive links: CWDT - Immortal Call and CWDT - BL - Hextouch - Enfeeble;

- defensive Pantheon: Solaris (fully upgraded, or at least the crit mitigation), Tukohama;

- Cyclopean Coil (shock and ignite immunity);

- Basalt flask (preferably with reduced charges, 30/60) and a Sulphur flask;

- ability to remove freeze, curses and bleeding on your flasks.

Replacing these defenses with things that give you more damage may drastically reduce your survivability early in a new league. Trade safety for damage only when you are very well geared or don't care about dying.

u forgot discipline.
Hey guys, @Kelvynn and the other active Icedancers how far did you progress in the atlas, which conqueror lvl are you at? How does the bossdmg as well as the mapping in regards to clearspeed feel?
"
Schwebbes escribió:
Hey guys, @Kelvynn and the other active Icedancers how far did you progress in the atlas, which conqueror lvl are you at? How does the bossdmg as well as the mapping in regards to clearspeed feel?

70 through atlas and a3. Feels really good to me.
love the skill and the guide helped me a lot, but i have big problems doing any heists (like instantly die after opening a door) and i suck at math so its kinda hard to understand what skills to take and what equipment to focus on. im trying to copy what i see from you guys, but i struggle with suddenly dropping to near 0 or insta die on levels where i otherwise cyclone through without any problems.

main points for me are:
is there a ranged alternative setup for the second slot to play safer in situations where i dont want to melee with cyclone(in party play with a summoner) ? what gems are good for that (weapon)?

im currently using arctic armor because i think i die from heavy hits. is sand aura better for save play against groups of enemies ?

manually casting ball lightning to curse enemies kinda sucks (because you cant cyclone during the cast). is there either a longer ranged spell for that or one that can be cast like vortex during cyclone ?

i love the playstyle, but im frankly at a loss how you guys seem to breeze through the content that easily.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional