[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
whiterockx escribió:
Guys.. maybe i have the awnser to our misery xD

We lose a support gem, but keep the gameplay style!

Remove the Awakened Cold Penetration Support and replace with FIRE STORM!

With it we jump from 5 storms per time to 10!

Maybe with the reduce of area of effect, the damage could be near what it was before!...

Maybe, dont know.... But is an idea :D

I tested it pre-nerf with firestorm in there and it was poop compared to just icestorm. We are best off with a 5 storm icestorm limit and stacking flat phys damage somewhere.

For our chest we should drop some of the cwdt and give us a viable single target damage setup for bosses.
"
Breken escribió:

Wouldn't work for several reasons..

1. Firestorm scales much differently than Ice Storm
2. Firestorm skill has been gutted as well
3. Firestorm is limited to 3 storms now.

The positive is that it would look awesome raining fire and ice.

Yea, Firestorm have 3 storms :(

The Base dont need to be scalled with INT like Icestorm, because the Gem cam be lvled.

The Firestorm base dmg at lvl 20 will be = 362,5
The Icestorm base dmg at lvl 1 will be = 600 with 2k INT

Buuut "The first impact now has 100% more area of effect and deals 150% more damage." for fire storm.

Sooo if it overlap the old storms for new storms, you will be likely to do the initial damage!

Really, the dmg probably will be crappy xD
Editado por útlima vez por whiterockx en 16 sept. 2020 18:17:44
Well it maybe isnt so bad idea. It cost u 1 gem to add firestorm which is not crucial, you can also make some conversion fire to cold, or convert ice to fire completelly.
"
AnubixcZ escribió:
Well it maybe isnt so bad idea. It cost u 1 gem to add firestorm which is not crucial, you can also make some conversion fire to cold, or convert ice to fire completelly.

I'm not sure about conversion, but using Fire/Ice storms, we are able to use Elemental Equilibrium.. since the Shards will hit alternately with each other... that will improve the dmg alot!

We will change the Cold Pen Support for the Firestorm gem... the Awakened cold pen gives 43% cold pen at lvl 6 and EE gives -50% resists, so the overall dmg will be higher..

I feel that it can be a good option.. and i really thinking to try it as my league starter xD
Editado por útlima vez por whiterockx en 16 sept. 2020 19:18:33
Well, someone's going to take their high level WI character in Standard sometime Friday and try things out.

We should wait for the information before we actually go and spend the weekend levelling up a character for WI IMO. (I'm expecting failure here, so am going to try Summoner for the very first time.)
"
Graiaule escribió:
Well, someone's going to take their high level WI character in Standard sometime Friday and try things out.

We should wait for the information before we actually go and spend the weekend levelling up a character for WI IMO. (I'm expecting failure here, so am going to try Summoner for the very first time.)

Mate I love summoner, Enji's arc was my first build and necro are always fun.
Try the 90/90/90 resists golemancer :D

Super good now golems and zombies don't despawn on logging out.
Hey guys! I'm back for the Heist league. I skipped the Harvest league (quit it after 5 days) because managing the farm was taking much more time than mapping, and watching the grass grow is not my idea of playing this game :)

I was going to ask about new developments and how the top players adapted after the end of the Delirium Golden Age. How hard was it to obtain the cluster jewels, which ones were still good, etc etc

But then I saw the patch notes...

50% more base damage with half the hit rate. That's a nerf...

Lower base duration is not really a big deal, especially with the duration nodes. Not a lot of bosses stand still for 5+ seconds.

The impact/area change is a BUFF, making each icicle much more likely to hit the target. This can prove a big positive change. It was always hard to calculate how many icicles actually hit. Now it looks like most of them will hit, or even all of them on a large boss.

Increased effectiveness of added flat damage may make Aw Added Cold worth using? Will need to check in PoB when it's updated.

But the 5 storm limit confuses me. It doesn't make any sense! Especially seeing as Firestorm is limited to only 3. So, if you cast Firestorm with ASC - do you just LOSE 2 storms out of the 5???

If somebody knows a good place where this question can be asked, can we find out? Maybe that limit doesn't apply to additional storms created by SC/ASC and all storms created by 1 cast are counted as 1 towards that limit of 5? That way, if you use ASC, you can actually have 25 storms (or 15 with the regular SC).

If the limit is 5 total storms regardless of how they were created, then SC/ASC is dead right now. Same as it was dead back in some league when they changed something about it and SC stopped working with channelled skills, and we played without that gem for a while until it was fixed. But I'm sure it can't stay that way forever, if only because of the obvious nonsense with Firestorm + ASC.

Another idea that I see already mentioned is adding a secondary channelled skill. Firestorm is definitely not it, since it scales in a completely different way, and this build has almost nothing for it. But a cold skill maybe? Cold Snap? Freezing Pulse? Those have a very high added flat damage effectiveness as well.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 16 sept. 2020 19:48:25
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Hey guys! I'm back for the Heist league.

So Happy to see you back Kelvynn.
The patch notes have made me sad, this build is so awesome, it's the only one I could get to end-game with. Even had first lvl 100 in Delirium league. I would be so lost without it. I so hope that you can find a way to save the build.
I just asked about SC/ASC in the reddit forum. I look forward to GGG's answer.

By the way, welcome back, Kelvynn. We missed you. There's been a lot of tree and gear tweaking!
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Hey guys! I'm back for the Heist league.

yeah!!! This build will have a direction then! :D I am glad ur back!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional