[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I'm glad people are still keeping an open mind.

Don't forget we have cyclone as a filler still with the WI..

I feel like playing with EE is too messy with this build so we should definitely stick with a cold spell if we are going down that path. (Is there something else we could swap cyclone with that plays to cast while channeling?)

I've definitely committed to at least try this build for 3.12...can always change it to something else if it performs poorly.

I think because clear speed will be better (Going over each area only once) then we should change the chest gems to single target dps...I'm going to have a look at what we can do. Would love peoples opinions.
Would it work with Winter Orb? Would be legit awesome.
"
Gracieux escribió:
Would it work with Winter Orb? Would be legit awesome.

That's what we did in the olden times before Cyclone.

Cyclone QOL for mapping >>> any previous spells used, however.
"
LiNGeN escribió:

I made the same conclusions so far about the nerfing. I.e. what are they really thinking with 5 storm limit. I put in Awakened Added Cold Damage in PoB and manually calculated it with 60% effectiveness, its better but not really surpassing Aw Cold Penetration.

A big problem of WI has been the performance issues. So instead of fixing it by making the code better, they are just trying to skip the problem by limiting the number of storms to get better performance. This means that ether the problem is so deep in the base code they cannot fix it, they don't know how to fix it, or all hands are already on PoE2 and they don't want to fix it.
"
Cjin escribió:
"
LiNGeN escribió:

I made the same conclusions so far about the nerfing. I.e. what are they really thinking with 5 storm limit. I put in Awakened Added Cold Damage in PoB and manually calculated it with 60% effectiveness, its better but not really surpassing Aw Cold Penetration.

A big problem of WI has been the performance issues. So instead of fixing it by making the code better, they are just trying to skip the problem by limiting the number of storms to get better performance. This means that ether the problem is so deep in the base code they cannot fix it, they don't know how to fix it, or all hands are already on PoE2 and they don't want to fix it.

They are just lazy, it's an underdog skill which they don't care too much about.
Sad... it's was a hella nice gameplay build :(
In the meantime, can somebody summarize the recommended changes from the 3.11 league? For example, I see that people are using Wave of Conviction instead of Ball Lightning because of the new Unnerve synergy. What else is new, good and affordable?
Hi Kel

nice to see you back. That league will make a big loose in your totem park :-)

Lingen has a new tree with crit and a special jewel setup. But it would not be affordable normaly.

AND i would like we can still have a good build to do anything without investing hundreds exalted.
With the crafting last league the build wasnt in same range as with split jewels but really good.
And i could do most contend with gear for 10 ex and then expand to nearly 60 ex as the seeds sold really good.

But it was not fun to use the garden. Only money making.

Will see how it works with heist. As it mentioned we will need a really fast build to run out of heist or a verry tanky build to kill with running the mobs (perhaps the bigger dmg helps if there are not big mobs like simulacrium who can oneshot you, or increasing the dmg so that nearly all mobs get oneshotted with the new hitting rate)
The biggest problem for me as lazy player will be the really big nerf with the es leech and i thing shorter leech, as we have so less storms and the duration is also capped.

I was looking for another build but if youre back i will definitly try it again.
Editado por útlima vez por ichbinwerichbi en 17 sept. 2020 5:22:10
"
Kelvynn escribió:
In the meantime, can somebody summarize the recommended changes from the 3.11 league? For example, I see that people are using Wave of Conviction instead of Ball Lightning because of the new Unnerve synergy. What else is new, good and affordable?

As i said lingen tested a crit version with totaly different tree. He got unbelivible dmg and with the cluster jewels and extremly hatred effectiviness also really high es.
but they nerfed hatred watchers eye and dmg so survability will be a problem in new league.

Otherwise there where no really big changes for the build, only getting mirror worthy gear was nearly for all possible with investment in gardening. you could make tailwind boots really easy exploding corps chest with attr and high es was not so complicated, good rings with the resists you need was really easy.

But for the gem setup there was no big change. Affording jewels was more difficult but crafting them much easyer.
Well, I liked the build itself, but had trouble getting the items, and increasing int.
Since that was my 1st build, that I tried to follow from forums. I think I made it far tbh.
Only challenge for me were t15+ maps and conqueror's.

Aswell had to make some own choices on the build, because some items were existing in deliruim league.

Editado por útlima vez por Fezzie2 en 17 sept. 2020 3:47:52

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional