[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Gracieux escribió:
I invite everyone to go read this forum thread about WI. It has started recently and there's quite a few interesting posts about recent changes. There's a guy saying that the build will probably be one of the best boss killer builds for Heist league. Here's the link:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936012

There's also a Guardian variant which has been updated to 3.12. Might have some insight about how to play the build now. Here's the link:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2748434

Thanks for the two links. I'd been keeping a lookout for the guardian variant but I'm intrigued to see the other post. I for one did not know so many people actually we're interested in WI. I used to think this was niche hipster build of sorts.
The whole discussion at this point is moot when it comes to comparing old IC to new.

Why? Because lets face the hard facts first, before trying to create a new build.

1) In the old version, we literally had zero tradeoffs to make.
One stat scaled with everything: it was INT.

Int gave us:
- ES
- Mana (irrelevant, with an asterisk)
- Duration for capless Icestorms
- Damage for capless Icestorms

So for pumping and investing in int, beside the defensive properties, we got "X(>20) amount of current storms on a stationary boss with spell power of y*(>20) individual storms pumping out damage.

It was a squared damage increase.
Now?

Now, all we have to figure out is this:
Is stacking Intelligence up to 3-4000 worth it, when:
a. It now only gives us energy shield
b. It now only scales FIVE concurrent storms at max?

The answer, for me, seems to be: no. We next then should figure out whether Icestorms @2000int (a realitisically hittable target without major sacrifices and multiple exalteds) or even @1500int will allow us to start stacking +energy shield, +aura reservation, +spell damage and other sources of +added spell damage/more spelldamage stats instead. We can, for example, forgo selfcast and go for a [core spell] and add cast on crit instead, and use increased critical multiplier or crit chance for it. Then invest in crit and see exponential gains. We could rely on shock+high crits to deliver higher endgame damage than stacking int purely.

I have a few ideas, but I have zero to no experience with CoC builds.
One is: arc + coc. Shock, more damage...it should/could be the perfect combination for mapping. Bosses though... no chaining, so a bit less than ideal maybe.
Other is: ice spear+coc. Insane crit chance/multiplier for second stages, we could even do GMP (which were irrelevant before, but STILL added 2 more projectiles, so we could get 15 projectiles per storms, instead of 10, if my memory serves me right).

Then there are other alternatives, Kelvynn already suggested adding a second CWC spells. Which ones?

Maybe lets look at:
1) Storm call: shock calue, stackable, good for bosses, less bursty on map clearing
2) Stormbind instead of Cyclone: upgradable tiles, shock, might scale well with enough +spelldamage,etc.

I have a feeling that a combination of both would suffice: arc+coc+wi staff for mapclear, and stormcall+cwc for bosses?

That is just my two cents. We would have to stack heralds, of course.
(Someone can look at the new skills too, or Blade Vortex as a second spell?)
Editado por útlima vez por Oldern365 en 17 sept. 2020 10:45:07
A cold converted spell sounds good or perhaps we can try to do a full fire conversion and run like blazing salvo/fireball on unleash?

Or perhaps a 6l ice trap?
"
Oldern365 escribió:
Spoiler
The whole discussion at this point is moot when it comes to comparing old IC to new.

Why? Because lets face the hard facts first, before trying to create a new build.

Int gave us:
- ES

So for pumping and investing in int, beside the defensive properties, we got "X(>20) amount of current storms on a stationary boss with spell power of y*(>20) individual storms pumping out damage.

Now?

The answer, for me, seems to be: no. We next then should figure out whether Icestorms @2000int (a realitisically hittable target without major sacrifices and multiple exalteds) or even @1500int will allow us to start stacking +energy shield, +aura reservation, +spell damage and other sources of +added spell damage/more spelldamage stats instead. We can, for example, forgo selfcast and go for a [core spell] and add cast on crit instead, and use increased critical multiplier or crit chance for it. Then invest in crit and see exponential gains. We could rely on shock+high crits to deliver higher endgame damage than stacking int purely.

One is: arc + coc. Shock, more damage...it should/could be the perfect combination for mapping. Bosses though... no chaining, so a bit less than ideal maybe.
Other is: ice spear+coc. Insane crit chance/multiplier for second stages, we could even do GMP (which were irrelevant before, but STILL added 2 more projectiles, so we could get 15 projectiles per storms, instead of 10, if my memory serves me right).

Then there are other alternatives, Kelvynn already suggested adding a second CWC spells. Which ones?

Maybe lets look at:
1) Storm call: shock calue, stackable, good for bosses, less bursty on map clearing
2) Stormbind instead of Cyclone: upgradable tiles, shock, might scale well with enough +spelldamage,etc.

I have a feeling that a combination of both would suffice: arc+coc+wi staff for mapclear, and stormcall+cwc for bosses?

Shock ain't happening unless your lightning damage hits certain hp thresholds, so it's a very unreliable choice on a build that doesn't focus all it's effort on super high average lightning hits.

Even Archmage BL and Arc builds barely hit level 30 shock reliably without pumping gear and passives with +shock effectivness.

So a build like this would either need skitterbots (17 base shock i think?), which it can do with or without a lightning spell, OR, it would probably average at level 5-10 shock at it's best... and that would only be on trash mobs. You can forget shocking a boss on a build like this.

Not to mention, this is all moot because the last thing we need is losing Ele Focus on our ice storms.
"
SkylerOG escribió:
"
Oldern365 escribió:
Spoiler

Int gave us:
- ES

Now?

Maybe lets look at:

Shock ain't happening unless your lightning damage hits certain hp thresholds, so it's a very unreliable choice on a build that doesn't focus all it's effort on super high average lightning hits.

Even Archmage BL and Arc builds barely hit level 30 shock reliably without pumping gear and passives with +shock effectivness.

So a build like this would either need skitterbots (17 base shock i think?), which it can do with or without a lightning spell, OR, it would probably average at level 5-10 shock at it's best... and that would only be on trash mobs. You can forget shocking a boss on a build like this.

Not to mention, this is all moot because the last thing we need is losing Ele Focus on our ice storms.

Damn. Good to know, thanks.
So Shock is out. Crit now has to provide that much more to combat ele focus (which I completely forgot about).

What remains is a fast hitting spell and tons of added damage+spell damage scaling?
"
Gracieux escribió:
I invite everyone to go read this forum thread about WI. It has started recently and there's quite a few interesting posts about recent changes. There's a guy saying that the build will probably be one of the best boss killer builds for Heist league. Here's the link:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936012
The guy who wrote that plays selfcast WI. I don't know how well that fairs with all different endgame content except good single target damage. There are some interesting archmage options this league though. But you'd have to selfcast :O.

"
Gracieux escribió:
There's also a Guardian variant which has been updated to 3.12. Might have some insight about how to play the build now. Here's the link:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2748434
Guardians usually get more ES through Ascendancy but Ascendant is the way to go imo. Don't see anything interesting with regards to 3.12 there.

"
Oldern365 escribió:

The answer, for me, seems to be: no.
Yes. Because Int still scales base damage. It now does it even more.

"
Oldern365 escribió:
One is: arc + coc.
Spells can't trigger CoC. Otherwise it would be overpowered and used by everyone:
"
"Must support both an attack skill and a spell skill to work. The attack skill will trigger a spell when it critically strikes an enemy."
the 5 storm cap is literally just a damage cap for anyone that plays this build. scaling only does so much with int, spell dmg, cold dmg, etc.

the strong point of this build was the fact that we could stack (not endlessly) a lot of storms to give us survivability and damage.

5 storms at .2 hits per second wont help with ES recov.

we used to be able to net thousands of ES per second from hits. Using Kelvynn's 93 pob data:
ES Leech Cap: 2817
ES Leech per hit: 1221
ES gained per hit: 28

leech is gonna cap no matter what, its the ES gained on hit that i worry about.

lets just give a rough number of 10 storms normally (i know it can be more just an example) at 0.1 hits per second. thats about 2800 ES per second from just the hits

now with 5 storms at .2 hits per second, its gonna be about 700 per second from hits.

in reference to damage cap:

"If anyone is interested I have modified the Firestorm/Icestorm Google spreadsheet linked on the wiki used for calculating DPS.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11eQmjpfq5GorGuJt7Rgh1OZFscjKqKD3tYDpz0lx4lM/edit?usp=sharing

Just input your values in the respective sheet (pre-nerf or post-nerf)."

this is from LiNGeN in a diff thread
Editado por útlima vez por sekushiiandee en 17 sept. 2020 15:09:43
"
Oldern365 escribió:
"
SkylerOG escribió:
"
Oldern365 escribió:
Spoiler

Int gave us:
- ES

Now?

Maybe lets look at:

Damn. Good to know, thanks.
So Shock is out. Crit now has to provide that much more to combat ele focus (which I completely forgot about).

What remains is a fast hitting spell and tons of added damage+spell damage scaling?

So far, the best thing I'm looking at is moving Vortex to our 6L body and scaling it up, then adding Frostbolt to our WI along with a Frozen Trail jewel and Dying Sun flask.

That's 5 Frostbolts + 5 scaled up vortexes exploding on those frostbolts + ice storms.

Vortex is instant cast, so it doesn't interfere with cyclone at all. You can literally hold it and cyclone down at the same time.

Can also just 5L our WI staves with Conc Effect/Spell Cascade in the single gem slot (So Cyclone + Cast while channeling + Ele Focus + Controlled Destruction + Frostbolt linked), so no need to 6L it.

OR, you can 6L the staff, forego spell cascade since we'd have high damage vortexes all over the place, and replace conc effect with cold penetration? Not sure yet, will have to test that to see which way is better.

I believe this could be a solution to our issues.

ETA: What would you guys suggest for applying Ele Weakness and Frostbite if we did something like above?
Editado por útlima vez por SkylerOG en 17 sept. 2020 16:44:32
Allright. I'm going to compare post-patch with pre-patch with my Harvest character Plant_Icestorm_Reap_FPS.

Right now I will run:
1. A Simulacrum
2. A T16 magic Purifier Elder Guardian Promenade with +40% Monster Resistance

Using these sextants:
No disponible
No disponible
No disponible
No disponible

3. And finally a T16 Blighted Promenade

* I have respecced into a defensive tanky version with an ES on hit Watcher's Eye.
* I have removed Awakened Elemental Focus, Awakened Controlled Destruction & Hypothermia from the staff and will only use Cyclone, Lvl6 Awakened CwC, Lvl 21 Concentrated Effect (as well as Fortify & Infused Channelling for immortality's sake <:-} )

Tomorrow when the patch is released. I will do the same thing over again to try out all the new mechanics. I have a 2nd Simulacrum, a 2nd identical T16 Resistant Purifier Promenade & another Blighted Promenade ready waiting for that when the time comes.

I will record all the runs.

Edit: Ofcourse I will take out my explode chest. I will use this piece instead that is from my Delirium character:
Editado por útlima vez por LiNGeN en 17 sept. 2020 16:07:51
Algunos objetos de esta publicación no se encuentran disponibles actualmente.
"
LiNGeN escribió:

Spoiler
Allright. I'm going to compare post-patch with pre-patch with my Harvest character Plant_Icestorm_Reap_FPS.

Right now I will run:
1. A Simulacrum
2. A T16 magic Purifier Elder Guardian Promenade with +40% Monster Resistance

Using these sextants:
No disponible
No disponible
No disponible
No disponible

3. And finally a T16 Blighted Promenade

* I have respecced into a defensive tanky version with an ES on hit Watcher's Eye.
* I have removed Awakened Elemental Focus, Awakened Controlled Destruction & Hypothermia from the staff and will only use Cyclone, Lvl6 Awakened CwC, Lvl 21 Concentrated Effect (as well as Fortify & Infused Channelling for immortality's sake <:-} )

Tomorrow when the patch is released. I will do the same thing over again to try out all the new mechanics. I have a 2nd Simulacrum, a 2nd identical T16 Resistant Purifier Promenade & another Blighted Promenade ready waiting for that when the time comes.

I will record all the runs.

Thank You for this! Should be super helpful in theorycrafting!
Editado por útlima vez por ultra_super_hyper en 17 sept. 2020 16:07:09
Algunos objetos de esta publicación no se encuentran disponibles actualmente.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional