[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

rory answerd on the petition for more firestorm dmg as its also nerfed.

The reason comes down to the area of each impact being significantly larger, in a smaller area, so each enemy is hit significantly more often per impact than before. I’ll see if I can confirm the updated radius when I get the chance, but off the top of my head it’s hitting targets more than twice as often per impact, maybe even three times as often as before.

Is this for icestorm a thing ?
People talking about "improved clear" are either in denial or ... I don't even know what - lost for words. There are so many builds that can "clear" as in you can rush through weak monsters in the map, killing everything in your path.

This build was excellent for bosses, blight, simulacrum, anything arena-based that you could blanket with projectiles.

With let's say ten-storm maximum, current changes would have been about 25% nerf and possibly an ok tradeoff for improved performance and visibility. A five-storm limit kills it with about 50% damage nerf. What's worse, with drastically fewer projectiles (even if they hit more often) Watcher's Eye ' +(20-30) Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline' turns into 750 ES per second for perfect Watcher's Eye if _every projectile hits_...

It's done, folks. Go through your stages of grief and move on.
Lol why doesn't anyone have faith?
All we need is a single target chest dps to counter lower boss damage.

Map clear will be there....only way we can test is by logging straight onto standard 6am Saturday morning and running a minotaur map.
"
sickpython escribió:
People talking about "improved clear" are either in denial or ... I don't even know what - lost for words. There are so many builds that can "clear" as in you can rush through weak monsters in the map, killing everything in your path.

This build was excellent for bosses, blight, simulacrum, anything arena-based that you could blanket with projectiles.

With let's say ten-storm maximum, current changes would have been about 25% nerf and possibly an ok tradeoff for improved performance and visibility. A five-storm limit kills it with about 50% damage nerf. What's worse, with drastically fewer projectiles (even if they hit more often) Watcher's Eye ' +(20-30) Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline' turns into 750 ES per second for perfect Watcher's Eye if _every projectile hits_...

It's done, folks. Go through your stages of grief and move on.

you're right, we are going through all stages now, because its our beloved build and it is slaughtered in front of our eyes, it might seems silly to you, but my enjoyment with PoE came almost entirely from playing WI, i know i can find a build that will do everything better (and i did) but none of them provided the amount of "fun" as WI

however, ill give it a go as starter, we have truely talented ppl here maybe someone will figure it out
Well, with new patch everything stay same, you will have 25k es on expansive gear, except you will deal much less dmg then you did now, but it doesnt mean, this build is dead. Thi biggest hurt is max 5 active storms, imagine in shaper fight before he finish talk you just cyclone and stack up to 10 - 15 active storms, now u will have just 5, but these 5 storms deals little bit more dmg then older 5 storms. Still significant nerf.

In mobility boss fights where you couldnt stack much storms now, you can be little boosted with current changes. So you can be better now in Daresso fight who is moving much.

Second drawback is in mapping. Currently your storm durations was like 8 sec and no limit, so u just move straight creating storms which were consistently killing creeps in. Now u will have limit 5 storm, so older one will be immediatelly replaced with new ones. You will have to go slower or backtrack or just ignore creeps you didnt kill. But with stronger storms it will be enough to kill eveerything without backtracking, we will see.

Finally I don't think this build is dead. It's nerfed, quite a lot, but still playable. Question is when you will have these perfect items if its not better go another build which will be a much more stronger.
Editado por útlima vez por AnubixcZ en 16 sept. 2020 9:52:17
so after testing in std with 5 storms max there must be a verry creative idee to get it work.

I had the most fun in poe playing this build for years. I always know what to do and also i had not so much time to play it was a good build to get 36 challenges normaly. The best with this build was the uncredible helpful and unbelivable creativ community arround it and kelvin who many leagues optimized helped answerd a lot of questions.
The last league he played was the best and a lot of people helped me and other to get the build work.

That will be the most losing i will have if i dont play the build. And with the experience i did, with best gear of all leagues in std merged, its not working for me.

I will miss the comunity most, as i missed kelvin hard. But lingen was a really nice guy who supported me the last month. Also lilianmarius was helpful some time. This make me feel sad.

Perhaps kelvin leaved the build at its highest level. so he would have the best outgoing from his build.
Fuck the nerf, I'm going to play Icestorm anyway as it's one of my favorite builds and maybe the nerf of 5 storms is not as crass as we think.

Nerf doesn't mean dead, I stick with it and give the build a chance to prove itself, in the end you can always play something else. :)
"
Talardo escribió:
Fuck the nerf, I'm going to play Icestorm anyway as it's one of my favorite builds and maybe the nerf of 5 storms is not as crass as we think.

Nerf doesn't mean dead, I stick with it and give the build a chance to prove itself, in the end you can always play something else. :)

I intend to do the same! I intend to give selfcast a try though. We'll see how that works out!
"
Sniper's Mark
Projectiles which hit cursed enemies now split towards 3 additional targets at gem level 1, up to 4 additional targets at gem level 20.

Could this work for Icestorm, too?
"
mdpoe escribió:
"
Sniper's Mark
Projectiles which hit cursed enemies now split towards 3 additional targets at gem level 1, up to 4 additional targets at gem level 20.

Could this work for Icestorm, too?

don't think so, the things coming from the sky are not projectiles.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional