[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
gruumine escribió:

don't think so, the things coming from the sky are not projectiles.

Edit:
Bummer, they should get the proj. tag tbh...
Editado por útlima vez por mdpoe en 16 sept. 2020 14:23:21
So now that patch notes are out, can someone smart tell me is this build league starter viable? Never played this before so i literally have no idea.
"
vudde escribió:
So now that patch notes are out, can someone smart tell me is this build league starter viable? Never played this before so i literally have no idea.

The short answer is that the build will have to undergo a lot of iteration to find how to get it back to viable. It's looking like a switch to selfcast is needed, which will actually improve single target, but no matter what, the build just lost all its clear.

The only way it could still clear is if a CWC setup can reach a point where it can one/twoshot mobs before you cancel the storm they're in, but even still, without Spell Cascade/ Woke Cascade, even in that optimal situation, the build is still going to lose the overwhelming majority of its clear.

I'm looking into Heirophant Archmage to try to claw back some clear, and investigating Scold's Bridle CWDT Firestorm to use the meteor for better coverage, but whatever happens, the build is going to have to undergo a complete identity change.
Weeell it looks like they messed up with this one!

"
* Now has 2 to 4 base Cold Damage per 10 Intelligence (from 1 to 3).

- This means 50% MORE base cold damage.

"
* Now has a base Duration of 1 second (from 1.5 seconds).
- OK.

"
* Now gains 0.1 seconds of additional base duration per 100 intelligence (from 0.15 seconds).
- 3 seconds duration with 2000 Int (from 4.5 seconds).

"
* There is now 1 impact every 0.2 seconds (from every 0.1 seconds).
- This means 50% LESS damage.

"
* Now has an Added Damage effectiveness of 60% (from 45%).
- This means flat added damage now being INCREASED 15% further compared to before.

"
* Now has a maximum of 5 storms at a time (any more than that replace the oldest).
- With lvl 6 Awakened Cast While Channelling this equals storm cap after only 1.45 seconds (0.29*5). When this happens your oldest storm will be replaced.

"
* Impacts now have a base radius of 16 units (from 10).
- With Concentrated Effect this equals an impact radius of 13 (from 8).

"
* Impacts can now land in an area with a base radius of 22 (from 25).
- With Concentrated Effect this equals a storm radius of 18 (from 20).

========================================================================

* Iceshards per storm:
- 5 per second / storm (from 10 per second / storm)
- 15 shards for 1 storm lasting 3 seconds (from 45 shards for 1 storm lasting 4.5 seconds)
- 75 shards for 5 storms after ~1.8s (from 270 shards for 6 storms after ~1.8s)

* Storm cap:
- Previously with 2K Int you could reach storm cap (max DPS) after channelling for 4.79s.
- Now you reach storm cap after casting 5 storms, so duration doesn't seem to matter for CwC any longer and is dictated by trigger cast time.

========================================================================

Weeelll this sure f***** things up. First they add and remove the same mount of damage 50% more / 50% less. GG!

I tried to calculate the damage by tweaking the calculator spreadsheet and sure we will deal more damage because of the impact radius.....but not after 1.5 seconds. Here our damage will get capped by the storm limit of 5 and can't get higher.

I don't get it. What is the point of limiting to just 5 storms other than to break the viability to channel firestorm & icestorm? Because you will deal more total damage if you cast 5 storm quickly, then stop and cast after 3 seconds have passed! This because your duration is actually 3 seconds, but if you channel it you will continously cancel the storm with the longest duration!

So with channelling 5 storms are created inbetween 1.45 - 2.2 seconds. Unless you use spell cascade / awakened, where just 1-2 casts are needed with 0.29s - 0.88 seconds MAX.

What's really funny if this is it - with Awakened Spell Cascade & CwC you will only be able to throw out 5 ice shards before all 5 storms are cancelled. It takes 0.3s to cast with lvl 5 gem. The first 5 shards impact 0.2s after that. But now the spell gets reset after another 0.1s, and 5 new shards come after an additional 0.2s. You would be better off just generating one cast and stand still!

I made a new copy of the spreadsheet if someone is interested to crunch some numbers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o8xoqoixKuUpJXuOPM_xDuCF-fN3EcMc0uNmeP_GVwk/edit?usp=sharing

Something funny is that with a lvl 1 CwC you can reach a higher maximum dps than with a lvl 6 Awakened CwC.

Edit: I forgot to adjust for the 50% MORE base cold damage. Whoops. Looks better now with almost DOUBLE damage per Icestorm by factoring in radius buff. The bigger the monster the less the damage improvement.

So now it also looks better in a chart.. but its still stupid if you are penalized by continously channelling the skill as compared to casting and waiting and this might effectively break mapping with storms no longer lingering.
Editado por útlima vez por LiNGeN en 16 sept. 2020 18:08:07
Is there a chance that a replica version of the staff gives us a game changer stat?
"
Gracieux escribió:
Is there a chance that a replica version of the staff gives us a game changer stat?

what if there is no replica version of this staff?
We will be able to test because apparently new patch will drop before new league.
Guys.. maybe i have the awnser to our misery xD

We lose a support gem, but keep the gameplay style!

Remove the Awakened Cold Penetration Support and replace with FIRE STORM!

With it we jump from 5 storms per time to 10!

Maybe with the reduce of area of effect, the damage could be near what it was before!...

Maybe, dont know.... But is an idea :D
"
whiterockx escribió:

Maybe with the reduce of area of effect, the damage could be near what it was before!...

Wouldn't work for several reasons..

1. Firestorm scales much differently than Ice Storm
2. Firestorm skill has been gutted as well
3. Firestorm is limited to 3 storms now.

The positive is that it would look awesome raining fire and ice.
"
whiterockx escribió:

firestorm doesn't scale.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional