[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
auc_martin escribió:
Anyone got any tips to from here to boost(upgrade) my DPS/survival further?

My char is "NoGainWithoutCocaine" , currently DPS is feeling very low (esp for bosses) for me but i love the build. I got some slots for jewels and so on. Im currently only sitting on 2ex and around 20C so keep that in mind :P! ❤️❄️

Looking over your gear, a few things stand out. You need to fill your sockets with Brute Force Solution and Fertile Mind jewels in the appropriate spots. Those are a huge boost to general intellect levels. Quality your Astramentis. Your missing a bunch of raw stats just from these two things. Getting Aspect of the Spider is also a boost to DPS. Keep leveling your gems. I'd work on your CWDT setup for damage reduction too. Beyond that, it's really focusing on your gear. Make sure every slot has high intellect, ES\%ES rolls. At some point, allocate Mystic Talent and Tranquility on your boots\amulet. You also want to take a look at your flasks. The two quicksilver flasks do nothing for you since you have Stampede boots. Replace them with Atziri's Promise and Wise Oak (and make sure when you're reworking resists that everything is even OR cold resist is the highest uncapped for cold pen).

Just keep working on stuff and make incremental upgrades.
"
omglapizza escribió:

So you think explode mod is worth even without scaling the explosions a bunch? I've got enough ES now that surviving porcupines is pretty easy, but if it gives some QOL during Legion and Delve, I might go for it.

Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing #% of their Life as Physical Damage.

The explosion damage doesn't scale with your stats.
"
ligong2 escribió:
"
omglapizza escribió:

So you think explode mod is worth even without scaling the explosions a bunch? I've got enough ES now that surviving porcupines is pretty easy, but if it gives some QOL during Legion and Delve, I might go for it.

Hmm. I'm almost certain I've seen posts discussing scaling the explosion damage. I don't recall where as this was when explode mod was brand new, but I'll try to find it. I know I've seen lots of discussion saying it feels meh for non phys builds, which is why I questioned it.

I think in essence what I'd like to determine is if a chest with Flat ES\%Es\Hybrid ES is better or worse than a chest with Explode\%Es\Flat ES.
Editado por útlima vez por omglapizza en 17 jul. 2020 11:05:14
"
ligong2 escribió:
"
omglapizza escribió:

Probably that's why the explosion effect is more visible/effective if you have high damage because this way you can one shoot rares which have a lot of life with your cold damage and thus % of this high life of rare mobs transform into physical damage that is dealt to targets around resulting nice explosions of pack of mobs all around

And for me the effect is visible because my IceStorm damage is quite big enough to one shoot almost all rare mobs in maps.

If your damage "suck" probably the explosion effect/chain will "suck" also and not worth getting a chest with this mod.

This can be tested in high depth delve zones where mobs have way more life than in maps and if you are not able to one shoot with your damage most of them then the explosions are not quite that impressive.
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 17 jul. 2020 11:11:12
Lillian did your craft or buy that? Basically is my goal chest piece haha.

And how are you getting Rampage from unequipped second weapon?
Some useful links:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Explode
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Secondary_damage

It's actually a shame explode can't be scaled with spell damage, otherwise this would be one of the best builds in terms of utilizing it.

As for why it works so well for lilianmarius, the answer is most likely in the amulet. Quick look at the pob with his gear (might be missing some stuff) shows he has about 3700 int, which translates to 246% generic increased dmg, that affects the chest explode dmg. There are also a couple other things that affect it to lesser degree, like Cyclopean Coil or increased dmg taken by enemies modifiers from Spider aspect and Bottled Faith.

Also to theory craft a little, there's possibility there to convert some of the phys to cold using gloves mod/craft/watchers and make use of huge cold damage increase from Cold to the Core cluster jewel notable. Whether that's worth opportunity cost I'll leave for you to decide.

But yeah, overall explody chest seems like pretty interesting way to boost clear speed once you're starting to minmax and hit 3k+ int.

@up Throw down some Icestorms, weapon swap, wait till at least 1 enemy dies, switch back to Whispering Ice. Enjoy rampage (it'll be hidden until you hit first tier of rampage, but it's there.).

Speaking of rampage it's also generic damage, so it'll affect explody chest as well.

Edit: Now that I think about it might also be affected by Hatred's gain phys as cold damage (which would already be affected by Cold to the Core), but I'm not 100% sure.
Editado por útlima vez por Lirhtim en 17 jul. 2020 12:47:22
Ah ok neat. Wouldn't have thought of that.

I accidentally started a T16 with my backup WI I was leveling scorching rays in. Scorching rays CWC caught me off guard and was hilarious, keeping that one in my back pocket for the lulz from time to time.

Not usually a fan of weapon swap cause I usually am not great at it or get myself caught out in a bad position or such with it and the sudden change of mechanics throws me way off.

Anyone have a way to deal with Atziri and reflect yet? I know Sibyl's but havent bridged the 20% extra yet.
Editado por útlima vez por Yogeshi en 17 jul. 2020 16:35:07
"
Yogeshi escribió:

Anyone have a way to deal with Atziri and reflect yet? I know Sibyl's but havent bridged the 20% extra yet.

Temporary respec into Elementalist Ascendancy using regrets and you won't care about reflect :D
"
Yogeshi escribió:

You can take Soul of Yugul from the Pantheon for the fight, it's enough with Sibyl.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Hey guys any advice on increasing damage. Character name is SphincterCrusher.

I am only level 79 and I still have to do my last ascendancy. Mapping feels smooth but bosses in yellow maps feel like they take super long to finish.

Outside of that, Thanks guys I am LOVING the build. Most fun build I played outside of Heralds last league.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional