[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

did the vulkan renderer make this build playable on lower spec computers?
"
portalmyst escribió:
Hi!
This league was the first time, when i made a cast on something build.
(i don't play this game as much as i would like to, damn reallife)
And i'm totally happy that i picked this very build for it.
Gameplay is really fun for me.
Got a couple of questions:
1) how to beat hall of grandmasters? I'm not a beginner icestormer at this point, and i can't pass that one dude on the second room in the left. Makes me sad when some content can't be cleared.
2) Legion encounters. I'm not fast enough, not strong enough, or do i do something totally wrong? Can't clear them. Like, half of the monsters survive freez-time.
3) How do you craft crazy items like that body armors on top poe.ninja icestormers? Is there a good guide?

1. Hall of the Grandmasters has (or may have, it is little random) two enemies that can be really hard. One that uses Scorching Ray/Righteous Fire, and other that is newly added that I do not know what shit he uses but pretty much can instakill you. For Scorching ray you want to have flasks that remove burning. You can aloso try to spin around a pillar so that he chases you without being able to use Scorching Ray. For the other my method was to spin really slow towards him, so after he blinks in and kills me, he stays at the storms and dies. This means you will die couple times.

2. Legion encounters are another aspect that this build struggles with. Especially if you are not using Spell Cascade. Don't try to kill everything, just try to look for valuable targets. Remember that storms stay in place for some time. If you are waiting on mobs until they are dead, you waste a lot of damage.

3. There is guide on first post under Gear -> Helmet, chest, gloves, boots
Level 87 now, will try and grind some levels tonight.
2791 int, 12.5k ES at the moment. Once I get another couple of levels, slot another jewel and allocate wish for death (for cull) I'll give Sirus 8 a try.

I'm routing through the scion resist nodes, with my re-jigged gear though I just need to swap to an extra prismatic heart jewel and I'd be capped, and still perfect balanced for wise oak. Not sure if worth though (That route makes good use of cheap fertile minds) and I might have some dex issues. Good thing is that I don't rely on resists from helm or chest so makes trying to roll an upgrade easier (Chest will be hard, but should be able to improve helm)

I bought an awakened spell cascade. I definitely prefer the coverage but it's still a bit laggy on Vulkan (Slight understatement) on an ok rig (i7, RTX 2060).
Are there any graphics settings worth changing?

Might be better selling it for more int/es jewels though. Pretty poor now, I need people to buy my stuff!

Because I've ended up with a couple of disorienting display jewels, wondering if worth dropping flesh and stone. Icestorm won't proc the blind, but frostblink and vortex will, and we do spam them quite a lot. Not sure what for though.

very interested in a WI build next league. Since I absolutely hate the shit out of Cyclone, is a self cast variant in any case viable? If so, what are the most important differences?
ign: PhrozenFlame
"
cocomoloco escribió:
very interested in a WI build next league. Since I absolutely hate the shit out of Cyclone, is a self cast variant in any case viable? If so, what are the most important differences?

Popular opinion is that the cast speed is just too low on self cast.
One possible option is to use archmage, don't focus on cast speed, or stack intelligence but stack mana instead.
The only real benefit of such a build is the cost/SSF availability though, you get a 7l for the cost of 6 sockets, on a cheap unique available via div cards.
And don't need int stacking gear/jewels (Though will probabyl want a few fevered minds)

Your other option is to channel, but not use cyclone. Variation using cold to fire, and chanelling scorching ray used to be popular. Or use winter orb. Neither give you the mobility of cyclone though.
"
Carlovski escribió:
"
cocomoloco escribió:

Popular opinion is that the cast speed is just too low on self cast.
One possible option is to use archmage, don't focus on cast speed, or stack intelligence but stack mana instead.
The only real benefit of such a build is the cost/SSF availability though, you get a 7l for the cost of 6 sockets, on a cheap unique available via div cards.
And don't need int stacking gear/jewels (Though will probabyl want a few fevered minds)

Your other option is to channel, but not use cyclone. Variation using cold to fire, and chanelling scorching ray used to be popular. Or use winter orb. Neither give you the mobility of cyclone though.

thanks a lot for the answer! how about traps? that seems like it could work..
ign: PhrozenFlame
Did a couple of shapers, and an uber elder last night.
Second shaper was the slowest I've done in a while - someone asked me for help on the last portal, but he was still in the party, so shaper had a ton of health. Super safe though, could tank slams, though dodged them out of habit/just to be safe.
Was expecting it to be a bit quicker though, single target isn't amazing, don't think I'm missing anything other than getting more int though.

Uber Elder I went full woke cascade, which was fairly hilarious. Couldn't really see a thing, but was one of the easiest ones I've done (Since stupid aoe cyclone). Even got an OK Watchers eye.

I've mostly been using woke cascade AND conc effect after a discussion with another player. Seems like the best mix of dps and coverage.

Well..Harvest..craft league? xD not really excited
Yeah, I was already thinking about skipping the league due to some real life obligations. Looks like it could be fun, but likely requires a bit of micromanaging.

I'm most excited about the new renderer however. I haven't had a chance to test it, but I'm hopeful.

Edit: Just did a super basic test (hideout, and a basic map) with the new Renderer, and it doesn't appear to help the FPS at much all, however it did seem to make the lower FPS smoother somehow, although that may be all in my head. In any event, it may be worth trying.
Editado por útlima vez por Breken en 2 jun. 2020 17:58:46
So... Looks like you still can do SP stacking, we have now brand option (so kinda better on mobile fights maybe and could be much better on clear) and also easier crafting for ES gear...

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional