[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I can't even find the SP jewels with C2C and Prismatic in the right spots. Zero for sale. Is it worth buying a base jewel with 8 skills and cold damage and trying to roll my own?
Editado por útlima vez por drawmonster en 27 may. 2020 17:59:07
I am about to complete 40/40 and was wondering if I should try this build once I am done with 40/40.

I have about 110 ex. will that be enough to take this to say t16 100% delirium level?
Decent Megalomaniacs are hard to find or very expensive.
Managed to snipe these which are interesting at least, no hex breaker, but as I'm probably not going to run bottled faith, can easily fit in a warding flask anyway.

Would have preferred master of fear over evil eye, but could use blade blast in the CWDT setup for unnerve until getting awakened curse on hit.

The other option I was looking at was cold conduction, enemies you chill are shocked. It only works on hits though so would need removing elemental focus. Has anyone looked at this? Less damage but possibly more effective chills (Especially if using hypothermia, though inspiration/cold pen might be better). Would also allow for some freezing for extra safety.
At which point, might be worth using a medium jewel here and grabbing a bit of extra ailment effect.
Basically just means you could get shocks while still running discipline. Which might be good at lower gear levels.

None of this is probably optimal, I know there isn't much wiggle room on the build and people have already optimised it, but I like fiddling with builds and making them worse!

Did manage to grab a pretty good helmet with the right ilvl for a safe slam for 20c though, only hit T2 but will definitely do for now

Accuracy isn't even a complete bust as it will help proc overlord a bit easier.

"
drawmonster escribió:
I can't even find the SP jewels with C2C and Prismatic in the right spots. Zero for sale. Is it worth buying a base jewel with 8 skills and cold damage and trying to roll my own?

With current prices, yes. You will want to re-sell any near misses (i.e 3 notable 2 sockets but the wrong ones). I sold one that didn't even look that useful for 5ex, then bought a correct one that had just popped up for 3 ex (Which still seems overpriced to me, but I was basically getting it for 'free')

Cluster jewels in general are way overpriced for the actual difficulty of rolling them, there must have been tons of profit to be made if you could be bothered.
Is mapping very slow without spell cascade? I don't think my computer can hold spell cascade combined with High INT (higher spell duration)
edit1:
tested with other maps, bummer, same old same old :(

disclaimer: purely "hand on" impression ahead

ok, so i tried new vulcan renderer on our icestorm baby and must say it feels little bit smoother, in my case (purly subjective) it was around 15 FPS (DX11) vs around 25 FPS (vulcan) (still there ware moments where fps diped to around 10-15 - still felt a bit smoother)

quick test info (again purely subjective "eye observed" method):
ryzen 7 1800x (3.4GHz)
16GB ddr4 3200
GeForce 1080 8GB
samsung evo 860 ssd (seperate only for games)

map: siege t15, ~25% monster pack (without "extra monster" mods)
awakened spell cascade

GGG said they will try to optimize vulcan renderer even further for 3.11 launch and with delirium fog gone, we are looking at possible improvement

Editado por útlima vez por adambog en 28 may. 2020 13:49:25
is there going to be updated guide for .11? cus i want to go for this build even tho my friends hate it :P
"
phantom_god escribió:
is there going to be updated guide for .11? cus i want to go for this build even tho my friends hate it :P

Regardless of what GGG does in 3.11, the old part of the guide (not including cluster jewels) will remain valid with 99% certainty. And the old build was capable of doing anything in the game.
Finally got a little bit of playtime last night, twinked levelling with this is hilarious. Act 9 still with only about 1200 es, but doesn't matter as equipped my es on hit watchers eye already.

Is there anything good we can craft/slam onto rings as a prefix? Grabbed this one, and not sure what to do with open prefix (ES isn't great but it was cheap)

Can crusader slam a %ES, and it's not bad odds if you 20% defense quality it, but 15%es isn't going to be that impactful when we get so much % scaling from int. Might just do that if I don't just upgrade the ring.

Spite essences aren't too expensive at the moment so rolled these gloves. Was tempted to try and roll hunter/warlord for culling/unnerve but that is probably a very expensive doomed to failure idea!

Gloves seem pretty easy to roll nicely so I'd recommend before buying anything pricey.

Hi!
This league was the first time, when i made a cast on something build.
(i don't play this game as much as i would like to, damn reallife)
And i'm totally happy that i picked this very build for it.
Gameplay is really fun for me.
Got a couple of questions:
1) how to beat hall of grandmasters? I'm not a beginner icestormer at this point, and i can't pass that one dude on the second room in the left. Makes me sad when some content can't be cleared.
2) Legion encounters. I'm not fast enough, not strong enough, or do i do something totally wrong? Can't clear them. Like, half of the monsters survive freez-time.
3) How do you craft crazy items like that body armors on top poe.ninja icestormers? Is there a good guide?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional