[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
JuhlDk escribió:
Hi can this build be Play as SSF?
Or is IT to hard to get the gear?

@LiNGeN (the author of the final tree for the 3.10 version) is currently playing it in SSF and seems to be doing just fine. You can check his post history, he posted some SSF notes.
"
Vyr75 escribió:
Porcupines fuck me hard, how to fight agains that?...

CWDT - IC - Inc Duration, and don't forget to have some leech going. I had no problems with the exploding porcupines even before acquiring Watcher's Eye. And once you get that (with +ES on hit) you don't even notice them anymore.
"
PhanTom_lt escribió:
Any tips for the Mastermind fight at mlvl83? Last time I tried it, died after getting her to about 25%, and it takes so long for me to get the syndicate back in order that I don't want to mess it up again. Like any setup/gems/links/flasks switches?

And similarly, for Sirus fight - I couldn't see anything last time through all the Icestorms and died without getting any idea what's happening.

Mastermind is all about the mechanics. You need to read up on that fight (wiki, or search youtube for mechanics explained). The most important one is when she becomes invulnerable and you get a green pointer under your character pointing to one of the corners, you need to go there and run around the glowing spire for about 2 sec, then get out of there fast. Or, if she spawns a bunch of tiny glowing skulls on the ground - run over them and squash them before they go active and explode on you. Catarina's damage is phys+fire. Here's an old video from the pre-Cyclone era: Mastermind Lv 83

Sirus: can't see anything? Are you trying him with Spell Cascade? I wouldn't recommend that unless you are already very comfortable with that fight. Awakened SC trivializes the first 3 phases where you don't need to see anything at all. But the final phase goes much better with the single target setup. And of course you need to learn the mechanics. You can take out some of the watchstones to make it easier. At AL5 he can already drop all good loot and it's super easy for this build. Once you get some practice, AL8 is not hard either.
"
lilianmarius escribió:
Got this corrupted 18% Whispering Ice staff from the Siren card.
The implicit at first sight is useless but after 6 socketing for science it with 350 jewelers + 350 vaals and using some chromatics + vaals to get to usable colors i tested it and it seems it does work.

You gain endurance charges when you stun trash mobs - tested it in a Simulacrum run got maxed Endurance charges (3x) in all waves almost 100% uptime.

It doesn't work against high end bosses - tested it on Shaper and it seems that my damage is way to low :) to stun Shaper and to get endurance charges :)

But for map clearing, is not that bad ,especially if you lack some resistances and also useful to expand IC duration by consuming charges.

This could be useful for map clearing with 2 staves. Although too exotic.
Any idea about how much it costs to equip this build? No time to browse 300 pages worth of posts, and it seems like something the author should address up front.

Looking at the 3.10 PoB, it shows 11 Split Personalities required - each costing 7.5+ Exa. So, I'd need to invest 83 Exa's just for some of the jewels in the build, and haven't bought a single piece of gear yet?

Am I missing something?
Ah, reduced mana reservation didn't work like I thought. I need 3% total to have any visible effect, apparently due to some weird math.

Huh, this makes no sense. Discipline at 35% base x L4 Enlighten at 88% = 30.8%, which is displayed as 30%.

Okay let's do it differently. (35+50)*.88 = 74.8, presumably that is truncated to 74%, and Spider at 25% makes it 99%.

1% reduced mana reservation is a multiplier to all of that, or 85*88*.99 = 74.052, so still at 74%, and 25*.99 = 24.75 but that's apparently rounded up??

In the game, which is the final arbiter I suppose, I need to use 3% mana reserved to get the effect of 98% reserved instead of 99%. Ah well.

I suppose I can still do the hatred build anyway. I realized that using 4 jewels to get 120% more effect is just going from 19% more to 41% more -- I still get the benefits of the non-Ranger tree at a fairly small cost in dps (In game cascade dps from 29290 to 32216; first is hatred only, second is hatred + 4 Vengeful Commanders -- an apples to apples comparison because I didn't change the tree. I'm aware I get some more int with the ranger tree.)

Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 13 may. 2020 2:04:12
"
Haverhill escribió:
Any idea about how much it costs to equip this build? No time to browse 300 pages worth of posts, and it seems like something the author should address up front.

Looking at the 3.10 PoB, it shows 11 Split Personalities required - each costing 7.5+ Exa. So, I'd need to invest 83 Exa's just for some of the jewels in the build, and haven't bought a single piece of gear yet?

Am I missing something?

You only need the INT/RandomStat jewels to get the build going. (with only one INT/ES jewel, and the rest INT/life or INT/armor, i'm sitting at 11k ES).

The INT/ramdomstat jewels only cost 10-20c each.

As for cost of build, I'd say about 3-4ex to get going and probably do T16 maps easy enough.

Probably closer to 7-10ex to get beefy enough to do Simulacrum 20/20 (I started clearing 20/20 when I had about 8-9k ES)

And of course 100ex+ to get to the 15k+ ES numbers and damage to match.

(usually your damage scales about the same as your ES does, since they're both coming from INT)
i've finally reached 3200 int, 11k ES. Pretty much killing everything even in a team of two and soloing.

Have saved up a few EX and I don't know what to upgrade that will give me the biggest boost haha.

Should I buy a watchers eye with ES on hit with discipline and ES recharge rate with discipline or should I squeeze out a few more int points?

POB shows the watcher's eye does not really do much or is this bugged?

or should I just buy 8 cortex maps and hope for 8 bottled faiths lol.
Editado por útlima vez por defaultNoob en 13 may. 2020 6:54:36
Hello i just saw this build and i am interested in using it for next league. Since i am new around PoE i want to ask a couple things regarding the build.
- is it possible to use it as league starter or should i use other build to gain a few currency first.
- if it is possible to be used as a league starter. What mod should i be looking for rare gears?
Thanks for providing detailed build.
"
avatec001 escribió:
Hello i just saw this build and i am interested in using it for next league. Since i am new around PoE i want to ask a couple things regarding the build.
- is it possible to use it as league starter or should i use other build to gain a few currency first.
- if it is possible to be used as a league starter. What mod should i be looking for rare gears?
Thanks for providing detailed build.

A number of players including myself have been using this build as a league starter. There is a detailed leveling guide with gear examples. The only downside is the staff being unique, i.e. you may have to wait a few hours after the launch before getting it. But if you are not rushing to the maps from the moment the servers come up then it's not a big deal. On day 2 it's already cheap. There are several cheap uniques that are great for leveling. The single most important stat is Int.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional