[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Decided to mess around in SSF but wanted to mix things up a bit so i rolled it with a witch, took forever to get the cards but it feels pretty strong already in t10s now that i have it.
The large cluster jewels in the pob posted seems pretty expensive. The ones I found one Trade that have the useable prismatic heart and cold to the core locations are usually around 8exa. Am I looking at the wrong jewels or are they actually around 8exa per jewel? How much did you guys pay for the large cluster jewels?
"
Xce1e escribió:
The large cluster jewels in the pob posted seems pretty expensive. The ones I found one Trade that have the useable prismatic heart and cold to the core locations are usually around 8exa. Am I looking at the wrong jewels or are they actually around 8exa per jewel? How much did you guys pay for the large cluster jewels?

Yes, they are that expensive. I think I paid 7-10ex per jewel when I got them. The reason is that every jewel with passives A, B and C have them in same order in same spot in the wheel. So in order to have CttC and Prismatic Hearth the way you can get both of them and 2 sockets for 5 passive points, the 3rd passive has to be Widespread Destruction. All other makes ether CttC or PH go to the far side of the jewel and would require you to spend 2 more passives to get them all.
"
FeFFoM escribió:
Upgrade: (ssfhc) Managed somehow to get into maps... im struggling atm with dmg, the survivability for white maps its pretty cool, but i cant do things like tane's bosses, the damage just isnt there yet. gonna post my stuff any advice is appreciated.

Spoiler

First of all, remember that +life does nothing.

You have very little +int in your gear. Boots, helmet and chest all have 0 and gloves has very low int. They also have low ES values.

Belt is something you want to change to Cyclopean Coil at some point, so keep in mind that you are gonna loose all that resistance. Luckily your rings have low amount of resist in them, so you should be able to get resistances up by getting good rings.

What I have seen new players to do wrong over and over again is to not understand how strong +int is for this build. I guess this is because to most of the builds out there stats go with "you only want enough stats to just be able to wear the gear you are using, anything over is wasted". This build doesn't work that way as you get so much +% spell damage (and ES) from it.

The basic guide to gear upgrades goes:
0. Remember your resistances.
1. If the item can have +% increased intelligence, the upgrade is to get one with +% Increased Intelligence.
2. If the item can have better tier +Int roll, the upgrade is to get one with better tier +Int roll.
3. If the item can have better tier +Energy Shield (flat or %) roll, the upgrade is to get one with better tier +ES roll.
"
FeFFoM escribió:
Upgrade: (ssfhc) Managed somehow to get into maps... im struggling atm with dmg, the survivability for white maps its pretty cool, but i cant do things like tane's bosses, the damage just isnt there yet. gonna post my stuff any advice is appreciated.

Spoiler

Controlled Destruction instead of Inspiration would give you a additional MORE spell damage than Inspiration. Its 35% with lvl 17 Insp compared to 36% on a lvl 12 CD. Don't worry, you will crit enough to trigger EO and the mana cost of cyclone will not be an issue unless you reserve over 95% of your mana like I do :-).

Using Fortify in the staff also means you opt out of at least 35% MORE spell damage from Inspiration/Cold Penetration/Hypothermia.

Other than that you need to start min/maxing gear to get more avghit Icestorm. Jewels can also be a good source of dmg. Since we have no trading I've been corrupting my gear more liberally and managed to get several nice corruption implicits on both gear and jewels.

Since you're playing HC I guess you'll have to live with less dmg and more defense. You have many item bases that are not the best in slot though. I use my item filter so that it shows the top ES bases.
Funny fact:
My min-max skill hit damage (if i check flasks and Vaal RF) got so big that it doesn't fit the PoB window :)

I thinks that PoB wants to tell me that i have enough damage so i should stop improve :)

Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 3 may. 2020 8:20:17
Thank you for the build, so far I have my fun.
Where and how can I improve my build? This is my 2nd character, so I'm still figuring how stuff works.

https://pastebin.com/Efg9aLbU
"
Cjin escribió:
"
FeFFoM escribió:

Spoiler

First of all, remember that +life does nothing.

You have very little +int in your gear. Boots, helmet and chest all have 0 and gloves has very low int. They also have low ES values.

Belt is something you want to change to Cyclopean Coil at some point, so keep in mind that you are gonna loose all that resistance. Luckily your rings have low amount of resist in them, so you should be able to get resistances up by getting good rings.

What I have seen new players to do wrong over and over again is to not understand how strong +int is for this build. I guess this is because to most of the builds out there stats go with "you only want enough stats to just be able to wear the gear you are using, anything over is wasted". This build doesn't work that way as you get so much +% spell damage (and ES) from it.

The basic guide to gear upgrades goes:
0. Remember your resistances.
1. If the item can have +% increased intelligence, the upgrade is to get one with +% Increased Intelligence.
2. If the item can have better tier +Int roll, the upgrade is to get one with better tier +Int roll.
3. If the item can have better tier +Energy Shield (flat or %) roll, the upgrade is to get one with better tier +ES roll.

Im aware of the lacking of int, but ssf life is hard... been trying to find good stuff with int but no luck so far.
"
LiNGeN escribió:
"
FeFFoM escribió:

Spoiler

Controlled Destruction instead of Inspiration would give you a additional MORE spell damage than Inspiration. Its 35% with lvl 17 Insp compared to 36% on a lvl 12 CD. Don't worry, you will crit enough to trigger EO and the mana cost of cyclone will not be an issue unless you reserve over 95% of your mana like I do :-).

Using Fortify in the staff also means you opt out of at least 35% MORE spell damage from Inspiration/Cold Penetration/Hypothermia.

Other than that you need to start min/maxing gear to get more avghit Icestorm. Jewels can also be a good source of dmg. Since we have no trading I've been corrupting my gear more liberally and managed to get several nice corruption implicits on both gear and jewels.

Since you're playing HC I guess you'll have to live with less dmg and more defense. You have many item bases that are not the best in slot though. I use my item filter so that it shows the top ES bases.

Can you tell me which basis are you corrupting more often?
I did this build to farm the simulacrum, and after doing about 50 runs I think I will sell everything (for about 50 exa). For those interested you can write me directly in game, I leave my pob here. Thanks for the build.

https://pastebin.com/r3d3EVWd

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional