[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
TheChosenOne_ escribió:
Anyone know why I only got 24 splinters from 6/4/2 tropical island? I seen a recent video from OP of him getting 6/4/2 reward on ramparts but got like 90 splinters

Most of the splinters come from non-white mobs near the end of the map. The main ways to get more of them are:
- Bloodlines (ideally double: on the map itself and Zana mod);
- Breach scarabs (ideally Gilded for 3 chances to get at least one of them near the end);
- Legion scarabs (only bother killing the ones on the 2nd island);
- stepping on all Delirium cocoons near the end of the map.

And, of course, getting to the end of the map with enough time to spare to take advantage of all of the above. Almost nothing near the start of the map is worth your time. It's all about the non-white mobs near the end.
Overgrown Shrine is by FAR my favourite map this league. Layout is just perfect, you always know where to go, it has nice mob density. I'm not 100% sustaining it atm but probably 70-80% runs drop me the map back. If I run out of them I just do Promenade or Lair. But something about Lair is confusing me - what on earth is that boss using? I even managed to somehow die once to him with 20k ES, it just vanished to some OP DoT. Whenever I approach him I try to keep him in distance now.

One question aobut Legion encounter tho. Whenever I try to clear Legion in a map, I always run out of time during the boss fight. Does Legion encounter stop the fog? If so, for how long?
"
Dhol91 escribió:
Overgrown Shrine is by FAR my favourite map this league. Layout is just perfect, you always know where to go, it has nice mob density. I'm not 100% sustaining it atm but probably 70-80% runs drop me the map back. If I run out of them I just do Promenade or Lair. But something about Lair is confusing me - what on earth is that boss using? I even managed to somehow die once to him with 20k ES, it just vanished to some OP DoT. Whenever I approach him I try to keep him in distance now.

One question aobut Legion encounter tho. Whenever I try to clear Legion in a map, I always run out of time during the boss fight. Does Legion encounter stop the fog? If so, for how long?

Rigwald (the boss of Lair and Dark Forest) can turn into a wolf that's invulnerable and inflicts heavy bleeding. If he does that - you just run from him until he turns back into a human. You can't leech from him in that form, and that bleeding is super nasty.

But he's super easy to deal with in Delirium: the Delirium 'thing' on top of him performs a 4 sec attack animation when you get near it, and the actual boss goes active only after it's done. That's more than enough time to kill him before he does anything. Unless there are super bad mods and/or your damage is low.

Legion does pause the fog for some fixed amount of time. Don't bother to try killing the entire legion, even if you have Awakened SC. Just run back and forth along their formation while the timer is ticking, and then 1 more time back and forth to make sure they are dead or gone. But don't stay to pick up the loot, it's worth nothing anyway. If you care about Legion splinters - you get a lot more of them from Simulacrum.

The same about Breach: those splinters are not worth picking up. When you are farming Delirium - you only care about Delirium, map drops, valuable currency and uber drops.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
[...]But he's super easy to deal with in Delirium: the Delirium 'thing' on top of him performs a 4 sec attack animation when you get near it, and the actual boss goes active only after it's done. That's more than enough time to kill him before he does anything. Unless there are super bad mods and/or your damage is low.

[...]

The same about Breach: those splinters are not worth picking up. When you are farming Delirium - you only care about Delirium, map drops, valuable currency and uber drops.

Thanks for the tip about the boss. Turns out I've been approaching him too careful and wasn't able to kill him fast because of that. If I immediately spin on him I can easily kill him before the "delirium phase" is over.

As for farming splinters - I don't pick up anything while I kill mobs, I always do a back track and I got a customized uber strict filter so I'm pretty much picking up what you said. I approached Legion like you said, go 1 way, than go back 1 more time and never look back. Works great, thanks for that also. I'm usually getting around 50-60 splinters from Ovegrown Shrine/Lair which I'm comfortable with.
Hello,

I'm hoping I can get some help with my character MagravinDEL. This is my second league and I tried this build in Metamorph (Isivun is her name in my character list). Being new I had no idea how to make enough currency to get past about 2000-3000 ES and really I had no idea how to map at all and only made it as far as did into maps by playing a Necromancer.

I've had the most success with a FB Cyclone Impale Champion, but man I wanted some more AoE! And I remembered my fondness for this build so I went back to it Fri night and got into maps on Sun, going from about 2000ES with Kelvynn's suggested leveling gear to about 6700 ES and around 1300 Int.

Made it to T12 maps (Awakener Level 0) running Spell Cascade for mapping and switching it out for Concentrated Effect for bossing if I had the change.

But at the T11/T12 mark I had to switch to using Conc Eff full time to deal with some of the rares. And I got randomly blown up by something in one map. Fine, fine. Boom dead.

I delved down to Delve level 121 Monster level 78 and ran into Abaxoth who ended up deleting me after I got in one or two licks. I barely beat him with my Champion when I ran into him.

Anywho, I had a Doctor drop for me quite some time ago, but like I said new so had no idea what it as worth and I was mousing through my Div cards and I asked "I wonder what this thing is worth?" Uhmmmm, yeah, that is quite a lot to me at least.

I sold it and being flush with more currency than I've had all league I need some help figuring out how to spend it wisely and I would like to do it ice dancing through the remainder of the league.

Pastebin of my current character which was following Kelvynn's leveling guide as closely as possible, although I patterned my mapping gems after Lilianmarius's version as closely as I could get without doing something like melting my character with Righteous Fire.

https://pastebin.com/qjegUtfQ

Thanks for making a really cool build Kelvynn and for coming back to it and having a community around it. :)

PS the missing gem would be a Lvl 4 Enlighten that I'm sharing it with my champion since he can do T16 maps pretty reliably albeit somewhat slowly.
Editado por útlima vez por cirerrek en 28 abr. 2020 2:32:00
This just dropped. Can anyone tell me if it's worth anything?

It doesn't show results when I search for it with poe overlay but I remember seeing that jewel used for this build
"
TheChosenOne_ escribió:

It doesn't show results when I search for it with poe overlay but I remember seeing that jewel used for this build

It doesnt have any usefull mods for WI.
Level 90 on Standard with 1,900 Intelligence, 10,378 ES and 16,682 Icestorm sheet DMG. In my opinion kind of stuck, because I think i'm pretty well geared, besides maybe a belt with 6% intel implicit... But I know there's room for potential improvement. Know nothing about the Split Personality jewels, and how they work. The mechanics of them, where they go, etc. So that's my main question is if anyone can help me utilize them in my build? Right now i think i have around 9 jewels socketed and being used on my tree. I am using the large cluster jewel with: Arcane Adept, Arcane Heroism, and Thaumophage. Plan on using a medium cluster with: Evil eye, and Master Of Fear; Once I get the skill points to do so. I'm not going to go on and on because I just looked them up and realized they're 2 ex minimum a pop for +intel. How many would I need? Build said to use 8 I think? And if I can manage to get 8, which is what I think I need, anyone have a fairly simple explanation on how to use em? Thanks in advance! :)
"
TheChosenOne_ escribió:

For price checking random Megalo's, just use the "Count >= N" option in the trade interface. Type the 3 mods and search for Count >= 2 to see what the combos of any 2 of them may be worth. Usually not much.
I decided to try out and play SSF.

Finally found the 4 Incantations needed for getting the staff after getting to T7 Burial Chambers. So it takes quite a while...

I wanted to get it earlier, like from Western Forest, but the drop rate is really bad and the monsters are so sparse. The delirium mirrors doesnt even spawn there when you get above a certain level.

I thought it would be faster to get the cards by farming random deliriums and getting stacked decks or divcards as reward. So I pressed on playing Winter Orb-CwC-Freezing Pulse and now finally got to Burial Chambers, it took 4 maps and I got the cards (3 in the 3rd, last one in 4th). A note on that is that juiced up maps with high IIQ and monster packs size seems to matter a lot for getting the faster drops.

I also tried other methods of getting the staff:
* chancing an ilvl 50+ Vile Staff. Spent maybe 100-150 chance orbs with of course no luck.
* Ancient Orbs, but you won't get them until maps anyway. I spent 1 but got another staff instead.
* Prophecies, I've never procced the prophecy "A Whispered Prayer", so I guess it is heavily RNG-based getting that one.
* Opening all Stacked Decks & Delirium rewards: Unfortunately RNG granted me 0 cards this way

I set my loot filter to react the same way as if a Mirror would drop for the following:
* The Incantation - 4/4 for the staff
* The Siren - 7/7 cards for a corrupted staff
* A Whispered Prayer prophecy

I also highlighted the following:
* Burial Chambers Map (T7)- drops "The Incantation"
* Underground Sea Map (T3) - drops "The Siren"
* Vile Staff bases for chancing

So the build is SSF viable, if you have the patience and/or can handle first getting into maps without using the staff.

I started out using Stormblast Mines until I could buy Freezing Pulse from Siosa in Act 3. Then I followed the "regular" FP strategy using Winter Orb and Cast While Channelling linked with Freezing Pulse. I found the "Bitterdream" mace, which effectively makes both WO & FP a 6L. The damage increase was noticeable, as a plus you get frenzy & inspiration charges. Coupled with prioritizing some mana passive nodes on the tree I was able to reserve 95% of mana without any mana issues. You also get to use an ES Shield which is awesome on its own. Oh, and I made sure to use the "First Snow" unique quest reward jewel which is really good for Freezing Pulse.

I went CI with 1.5K ES but with proper SSF gear management it quickly rose to 4K as you can see in the vid. I died a lot because I rushed all the time, and I don't like having to stand still channelling WO. Boss killing was really slow, and quite difficult if you couldn't take 1-2 hits as the channelling takes about 1 second to fire the first FP projectiles - and you can't really stand still much vs bosses.

So yeah, if I were you I would plan ahead a bit more on what skills/tactics to use when you get to maps as my version was quite squishy! NOT HC viable. ;-}

VIDEO of getting final The Incantation div card
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CIFVsEScvA
Editado por útlima vez por LiNGeN en 28 abr. 2020 13:27:59

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional