[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
lilianmarius escribió:

Corrupted my 4x large cluster jewels because i have "balls" :)

2x broke (5 ex loss but who cares)

1x remained unchanged

1x went ------>

Problem solved...end of story!

Gratz with lucky corruption
well i corrupted 8, got only 1 not changed and 1 with 1% cold pen xD 6 puf in trash
Editado por útlima vez por archwerewolf en 18 abr. 2020 13:57:00
"
Naramie_VI escribió:
"

PoB pastebine code for the character in these videos:
https://pastebin.com/QLeteEDQ

Still a small place for improvement (need to max the Hatred cold penetration value from Watcher's Eye and throw shit loads of divines on gloves to get Cold resistance 1 point lower so all my 3 resistances get equal and also 30% quality on gloves after i balance all 3 resistances).

And please don't ask for the IceStorm tooltip value, it has no relevance for me!

Nice to hear that you give the build a try and used your regrets by yourself, that you originally wanted to give away.

Looks pretty similar to the tree i will use after the jewels transferd to standard league where i normaly play. I just would place the emperor's mastery between witch / shadow (also 3 points) - but 20 Int instead of 12 % spelldamage.

Can´t imagine how the char will feel in standard league with some legacy stuff i have there - in feels already godlike in the league with my mediocre gear.

Could you help me with the skitterbot interaction - i don´t get it at the moment. With the quality on the gem it will be about 18 % more dmg taken from the shock?

Thanks for the tree first and the Hatred incorporation idea!

Skitterbots 18% shock comes from level 21 gem not from quality, quality only affects the bots, improving their movement speed.

18% shock damage is not really 18% more damage, it is multiplicative, yes, like the % more modifier but if you have more sources of "% increased damage taken" like the % shock damage effect provided by Skitterbots, they are summed before applying the multiplier at the end resulting in a smaller multiplier than the default % more damage multiplier.

It's a bit confusing and also complex this mechanic with calculations of % increased damage (which is not a multiplier), % more damage (multiplier), % increased damage taken to enemies (multiplier but has diminishing returns if stacked from various sources (Inquisitor Ascendancy, Skitterbots, Bottled Faith, Zealotry WE mod, etc.)

Reddit thread with some explanations regarding % increased damage taken vs. % more damage:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bxdro1/increased_vs_more_damage_taken/

And yes, your socket suggestion is way better, changed my tree now :)
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 18 abr. 2020 14:25:29
"

Thnanks for the tree first and the Hatred incorporation idea!

Skitterbots 18% shock comes from level 21 gem not from quality, quality only affects the bots, improving their movement speed

And yes, your socket suggestion is way better, changed my tree now :)

18 % more damage - especially there where you want it (bosses) sounds good. Not sure if i want to drop ES on hit. It is so strong with awakened spell cascade - but i will give it a try.
Guys I need advice, I have two helmets in the 75-79 itemlevel range, both with only 1 suffix open for the crusader orb slam but Im not quite happy with them. One have low inteligence, second life on it and I dont like having so useless mod on it while using crusader orb.

It is wrth to slam one of them or not really? If yes, which one would be better?
"
Asag escribió:
Guys I need advice, I have two helmets in the 75-79 itemlevel range, both with only 1 suffix open for the crusader orb slam but Im not quite happy with them. One have low inteligence, second life on it and I dont like having so useless mod on it while using crusader orb.

It is wrth to slam one of them or not really? If yes, which one would be better?

The build is resistance challenged at the high end, so I would go with the 44% cold resist helm. It's only an 11 int difference.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 18 abr. 2020 15:04:51
Oh boy, this thread gets much activity! 30 pages in a week? LOL.

I was pretty busy at work amidst the Covid apocalypse, but still found a way to play quite a lot. So I hit lv 100 casually, without stopping my Sirus farming or doing anything special to level. The currency is so easy to make in this league that I eventually got enough to buy Int/ES jewels and Watcher's Eye. Going to make some small additions to the 3.10 version and some more videos just for fun.

All these latest modifications: they make no difference past a certain point. I watched @lilianmarius' recent videos - it's all the same with his godly gear and ungodly damage, and with mine. In fact, I typically kill Sirus even faster. It's not about the damage anymore, just how well you can stay with him. Uber Elder and Aul are completely trivial at this point.

3.10 jewels broke the game, not just for this build. We have so much power that it doesn't really matter which tree you use and what auras. I am fairly certain there will be massive nerfs next league, and we won't have access to this amount of power again (until they add something else OP AF).

But while we do have this power, I share Breken's opinion: QoL is much better than raw stats. Dropping the awesome QoL features (such as The Stampede, Overlord, Hex Breaker) just to get more damage or ES is totally not worth it. Just like going past Delve 6000 - numbers become meaningless. You already won Path of Exile and there is nothing more to achieve.

I ended up switching to LiNGeN's tree at lv 98, but adapted it a little together with Breken to keep all the Megalo's and QoL. You can see it in both his profile and mine. This tree adds 2 more Split Personality's when you can afford the pathing, and then 1 more when you get enough damage to drop Ethereal Feast.

Dropping Ethereal Feast is not recommended without good gear. Only do it when your damage is enough to outleech everything with only Light Eater. Also, Watcher's Eye with +ES on hit and/or increased ES recovery is highly recommended.

Another problem with that final step is that it gives you more Dex than Str from the tree. So you need either %Int/Str belt, or extra Str on the amulet.

Overall, this tree is great for the final levels (can start using it at lv 95 with good gear). I'm going to add it to the 3.10 guide, since it just brings more power without dropping any QoL or requiring godly items that only several people can afford.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 18 abr. 2020 15:32:07
"
Kelvynn escribió:

All these latest modifications: they make no difference past a certain point. I watched @lilianmarius' recent videos - it's all the same with his godly gear and ungodly damage, and with mine. In fact, I typically kill Sirus even faster. It's not about the damage anymore, just how well you can stay with him. Uber Elder and Aul are completely trivial at this point.

It may be no difference for you(i saw you always play at around ~20 ms Latency), but for me playing at ~10 FPS and way higher latency with no Spell Cascade, the Hatred full damage version of the build is the first one that allows me to clear for example entire legions in juicy T16 maps.

I get a bit frustrated when people with lower gear but with godly PCs and connection tell here on forums how good the clear is with Awakened Spell Cascade when i cant even use Spell Cascade to get a decent clearing experience.

That's why i overgear myself so i can play the game at a decent pace:)

Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 18 abr. 2020 15:41:42
"
lilianmarius escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:

It may be no difference for you(i saw you always play at around ~20 ms Latency), but for me playing at ~10 FPS and way higher latency with no Spell Cascade, the Hatred full damage version of the build is the first one that allows me to clear for example entire legions in juicy T16 maps.

I get a bit frustrated when people with lower gear but with godly PCs and connection tell here on forums how good the clear is with Awakened Spell Cascade when i cant even use Spell Cascade to get a decent clearing experience.

That's why i overgear myself so i can play the game at a decent pace:)

We really need to get GGG to fix the performance issues with Icestorm. I wish you could try Awakened Lag... err Spell Cascade! Legion? What legion? Somewhere there in the screen-wide Icestorms :)
OMG, problem solved!!!! I crafted it myself with alts/regals (yes, I slammed 1 ex to add prefix) and the result lookm like this:

Im so happy right now!

PS: I forgot to add quality, damn :(
Editado por útlima vez por Asag en 18 abr. 2020 15:56:45
New video: T16 HoGM

I cleared the low tier version for the Atlas completion at lv 93 with the classic version of the build, but didn't get to the T16 version until lv 100 because HoGM is the one place where you can still randomly die with any gear.

It seems to be the max block meta there again. There are some new max block characters that I couldn't kill until I swapped Elemental Focus for

This gem makes them all trivial. Still need to watch out for SR guys, use Abberath and carry a flask for them:

This flask has to be used twice: to negate the damage when engaging an SR enemy, and then again after they are dead to remove the burn.

Anti-freeze, anti-curse (if you don't have Hex Breaker), maybe anti-bleed/basalt for some max block Gladiators that can do quite a bit of phys/bleeding before they die.

Overall, it's a walk in the park. And an exotic way to make currency: I dropped two Immortal cards (2.5 ex price) in 10 runs.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 18 abr. 2020 17:21:36

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional