[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Antisommossa escribió:
[
lol, the drop rate in this league its just amazing,

"lol" indeed. Your anecdotal experience is just that, and I don't share it. This league is like any other one; pick up pennies. Drops suck ass.
"
DamageIncorporated escribió:

I understand that in theory, but I look at PoB, and nothing regarding leech changes, Ghost Reaver or not. Not sure how to reword my self to be any clearer. PoB is saying Ghost Reaver doesn't change leech per second, max leeched, leech instance..ANYTHING to do with leech. So I ask why take it because it appears to do nothing. But I can read, and I do understand what you're saying :P

Yup, PoB while a great tool it isn't made by GGG, and it seems to miss the concept of maximum Leech/second caps entirely for whatever reason. Ghost Reaver doesn't change the leech per second, it doesn't change the max leech per leech instance. It just allows more of those to affect you at once, and that stat isn't tracked by PoB.
Leech is one of the more complicated and intuitive mechanics out there in Path of Exile. The concept that a single hit provides a single leech instance, but those stack... but only to a point, and that point can be modified..... Perhaps we should make a change request on the PoB github to show the leech cap values, as well as support the split personality jewels.

EDIT: Looks like the Split Personality jewels will be likely be supported in PoB's next update... AND******* I've found the maximum leech value in PoB. If you go under "Calcs" and select "Icestorm" You'll see a box "Leech & Gain on Hit" Under that, you'll see "ES Leech cap" THAT is the value that will change if you remove Ghost Reaver.
Editado por útlima vez por Breken en 14 abr. 2020 14:03:38
"
Breken escribió:
"

32k ES ? I really don't understand how do you manage to have a such high ES pool.

The high int pool is due to a couple things that snowball on this build.

1. Very high levels of intelligence. Every 5 intelligence you get provides you a 1% increased value of ES. So with 4000 int, you get 800% increased. That's huge, as even the best nodes on the tree only give you 14%-18% each.

2. Lots and lots of flat ES. Split personality jewels with int/es give you 61-88 FLAT energy shield per jewel. Taken all together (the current experimental tree uses 11-12 of these jewels this provides you over 800 flat Energy shield. When you add that in with really good equipment (300 ES on helm, 650-700 on body armor, 200 on boots/gloves, 90 total on rings) +discipline (another 217)) you can see how quickly it scales.

3. These values are also reached using the Gain% of maximum mana as extra maximum energy shield while affected by clarity mod from a watcher's eye. With super high int values, you will have a ton of mana (I'm currently above 4000). This one mod on my watcher's eye gives me around 752 additional flat ES, and that works out to around 5000 total ES when the intelligence scaling is factored in. (High intelligence also scales your mana values)

So the takeaway here, is mostly just really expensive end-game gear and jewels. Things start to snowball when you stack INT and flat ES gear. Don't be discouraged by the high prices, or the crazy values of the people who are min/maxing. Most of us just play one character during the league, and play a LOT. Getting these insane values IS the game for us. HOWEVER: You can clear the entire game with 10,000 ES and 2800-3000 int. So play the game how you want, the build is great for everyone. Min-maxers enjoy pushing it to the (very high) limit, and it still works great for people who play more sanely as well.

Thank you for the detailed explanation, I appreciate it.

My main problem is the currency generation though. I can't imagine being able to afford the whole 8+ split personality of 7+ex, the 40+ex watcher's eye and the stuff around.

I'm maybe unefficient or unlucky, maybe bad at this game, but there is no chance to reach this point in a league.
"

Thank you for the detailed explanation, I appreciate it.

My main problem is the currency generation though. I can't imagine being able to afford the whole 8+ split personality of 7+ex, the 40+ex watcher's eye and the stuff around.

I'm maybe unefficient or unlucky, maybe bad at this game, but there is no chance to reach this point in a league.

It's super easy to get discouraged when you see people with hugely expensive gear. I doubt you are unlucky or bad at the game. Three things I want to mention

1. Most of the "big ticket" items were probably purchased when they were more affordable. I was able to get nearly all my SP jewels at less that 20 chaos each early in the league. Same with a couple of my other really expensive items. Early on in the league there are MANY bargains to be had. So it pays to play hard early if you are lucky enough to do so.

2. Making currency.... Currency will naturally come to you if you play a LOT. This league is really rewarding from that point of view. I suggest running the Simulrium if you can. Run it ALOT. I know buying the maps (lilianmarius had some good tips for farming splinters) is expensive, but over 10-15 maps I promise they will pay for themselves.

3. If you don't have the time/willpower or energy to play that much, or that often, that is FINE. It's a game, if you're not having fun, find a way to do so. Don't compare yourself to what others have, or are doing... unless that's fun for you! This build works just fine on a 4-10ex budget, the crazy numbers are for crazy people!

Personality I've had some great luck this league, and made some really lucky/good early purchases and decisions. There are a few people in the thread that are super high end min/maxer and end every league with multiple mirrors worth of gear. Unless that type of game is fun for you, don't compare yourself to them.

If you want a more sane person to compare your build to. In previous leagues, I've always found comparing myself to the build author Kelvynn is a good balance. Kelvynn plays hard, often, and is great at the game (and obviously the build) but doesn't often have the kind of currency that a few others do so tends to improve at a more realistic pace.
"
I understand that in theory, but I look at PoB, and nothing regarding leech changes, Ghost Reaver or not. Not sure how to reword my self to be any clearer. PoB is saying Ghost Reaver doesn't change leech per second, max leeched, leech instance..ANYTHING to do with leech. So I ask why take it because it appears to do nothing. But I can read, and I do understand what you're saying :P

Ghost Reaver does show up in PoB upon selection.

The calculation tab has its own skill selection. You probably forgot to change it to Icestorm.

PoB can be a bit clunky with some hinges here and there.

Even then just check ingame and you'd see the doubled effect there instead.
Editado por útlima vez por LiNGeN en 14 abr. 2020 14:04:39
"
LiNGeN escribió:

Ghost Reaver does show up in PoB upon selection.

The calculation tab has its own skill selection. You probably forgot to change it to Icestorm.

PoB can be a bit clunky with some hinges here and there.

Even then just check ingame and you'd see the doubled effect there instead.

Beat me by seconds on my earlier post edit, yeah, it's supported, just had to dig into the calcs to see it.
I see, thanks guys. Same issue though. take me for example; it says 588 is what I leech. Etheral Feast only changes that to 690, still under the cap without Ghost Reaver. I'd have to take the increased total recovery per second parts of the Ethereal Feast wheel to even make Ghost Reaver barely matter, putting me at 902 leech.
So I still am not understanding.
Am I being stupid?

My point is, the damage isnt high enough to reach leech cap. raising the leech cap does nothing.
Editado por útlima vez por DamageIncorporated en 14 abr. 2020 15:29:55
If you need currency and are overwhelmed by the price tags on the jewels for the build just farm the simulacrums, it doesnt have to be pretty, just be able to get through the 20 waves.

This league is the first one in awhile where casual players can actually make really good money, we dont have to spend 100 chaos on 1 fkng map and take night classes to figure out how to sextant block it or create the perfect elder ring mechanic.

If you do a few simulacrums and just barely break even dont get discouraged, it happens. What also happens is big, very big drops like Voices Jewels, popular 21/23 gems, pure breachstones, high end divination cards like The Samurai's Eyes, large amounts of blighted maps and gilded scarabs etc.

I missed the start of the league on this build, I spent the 1st month on a necromancer, and RF character and got here very late. I was still able to buy all my INT/ES splits, the 3 cold to the core large clusters, a disc on hit watchers eye, etc.

I am also clueless when it comes to this game, I am old in rl and still use a flip phone, ive never understood all the in-depth mechanics and methods of this game so if I can farm 200 ex or more on this build you absolutely can.

Editado por útlima vez por JCOH35 en 14 abr. 2020 15:28:40
"
I see, thanks guys. Same issue though. take me for example; it says 588 is what I leech with Ghost Reaver. Remove Ghost Reaver...I leech 588. Etheral Feast only changes that to 690, still under the cap without Ghost Reaver. I'd have to take the increased total recovery per second parts of the Ethereal Feast wheel to even make Ghost Reaver barely matter, putting me at 902 leech.
So I still am not understanding.
Am I being stupid?

I suspect your gear might be the issue.

With my gear at 3259 int and 11899 ES, ES leech cap is 1784.9 without Ghost Reaver and 3569.7 with.

Set your profile public and we can suggest gear improvements.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 14 abr. 2020 15:32:15
"
JCOH35 escribió:
if I can farm 200 ex or more on this build you absolutely can.

I've been playing since closed beta, never made 200 exalt in a league, so....

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional