[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
lilianmarius escribió:
This my be an improvement of QoL for Whispering Ice, we'll have to see it though:
"Improved the performance of all ailment effects on players and monsters."
"Improved the appearance of shocked, burning, caustic and chilled ground."

They also included "Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.". A bit generic but hopefully something in there will benefit Icestorm performance.

And yeah, since Icestorm performance is very dependent on CPU calculations rather than GPU, this might improve it as well for those with high-end multithreaded CPUs: "Improved engine multi-threading, and added support for 16 logical cores (previously 8), meaning Path of Exile can better utilise high-end CPUs now.". I know that enabling multithreading improved the FPS when stresstesting Icestorm in my hideout.

I was hoping for something like "Improved the performance of Icestorm skill effects".

From my extensive testing the last month comparing spell cascade versions in hideout it appears the quantity of its effects is what impacts the performance the most. With Spell Cascade you cast 3 Icestorms instead of 1. With Awakened you cast 5. Skill effect duration & channelling cast time being the variables increasing the amounts of Icestorms that could possibly stack to occur at the same time if remaining in place - which in turn scale with Intelligence & CwC Support gem respectively.

Let's put our hopes into that it is the chilled ground effects that has been killing the FPS and that it is better now in 3.10.
OH

Lilianmarius is come from the death and fight again a long forgotten fight. Like the legion guys :-)

And i looks like he win. But we will see.

hi lilian. Will skip this league and play perhaps a little bit standard.

Will miss you guys and wish you verry good loot the league.
"
ichbinwerichbi escribió:
OH

Lilianmarius is come from the death and fight again a long forgotten fight. Like the legion guys :-)

And i looks like he win. But we will see.

hi lilian. Will skip this league and play perhaps a little bit standard.

Will miss you guys and wish you verry good loot the league.

With all the coronavirus threat around entire world, the company where i work (software development area) decided that all its employers will "work from home" for the next 2 weeks at least. That means that i can sneak a bit more of playtime during working days while still working for my company from my gaming char at home :)

And because i was bored while waiting for the new league, decided to burn some of my currency from Standard and mirrored an OP "legacy in some way" amulet, probably best amulet which exists for this build, even better than the one i mirrored in Metamorph:

Fee of the mirror service was 120 exalts if anyone is interested and this is the mirror thread of the owner:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2516760/page/1
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 11 mar. 2020 11:05:32
"
lilianmarius escribió:
With all the coronavirus threat around entire world, the company where i work (software development area) decided that all its employers will "work from home" for the next 2 weeks at least. That means that i can sneak a bit more of playtime during working days while still working for my company from my gaming char at home :)

And because i was bored while waiting for the new league, decided to burn some of my currency from Standard and mirrored an OP "legacy in some way" amulet, probably best amulet which exists for this build, even better than the one i mirrored in Metamorph:

Fee of the mirror service was 120 exalts if anyone is interested and this is the mirror thread of the owner:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2516760/page/1

Shh. Maybe your employer reads this forum! ;)

Now with that amulet did you break a new record for Int & ES? Crazy... I'm not sure I want to know.

Myself I had an interesting last 6 hours of my metamorph league. I realized I should push for as many challenge points as possible in a last ditch effort. In the end I was unable to get the 36 for the portal effect but I don't really care now. I am quite satisfied with what I was able to achieve in 6 hours! Bragtime:
* I managed to go from 26 challenges to 34 in about 6 hours before the league ended.
* I killed Elder for the first time 24 hours before league ended. Since I was rather overgeared it was surprisingly easy.
* I killed Chayula & Shaper first time within 2 hours of league ending, harder than Elder but deathless! Watched a video guide before entering though so I was a bit prepared.
* I killed Uber Elder first time within the last 30 minutes of league end(!). I rushed into it, watched no video guide beforehand. I died twice but man what a rushed boss fight.
* I killed Chayula, all elder/shaper/awakener guardians, Sirus, Elder, Shaper & Uber Elder at least once in the last 6 hours! (Apart from 1 or 2 elder guardians where I already had the fragments) I also bought some fragments that I was missing due to getting duplicates of the others - I didn't have time to solofarm them.

From Uber Elder I think I got an unusually good drop:

+ 4 elder&shaper rares ilvl 86

Edit: Honorable mention: I also completed Hall of Grandmasters in the last hours. I died 6 times from the Scorching Ray dude so I had to buy another map to complete the challenge. I did not realize "Cannot be ignited" mod from Cyclopean Coil DOES NOT prevent burning. xD At least I had a deathless 2nd run.
Editado por útlima vez por LiNGeN en 11 mar. 2020 12:23:26
"
lilianmarius escribió:
"
Cjin escribió:
"
lilianmarius escribió:

And this means what?

You cannot doublecorrupt belt to have both +%int/+%str and +%int/+%dex

That nerf value is almost 0 - have you ever seen a double corrupted double %intelligence Cyclopean Coil? I didn't! :)

I have one and make that myself
"
Korpivaellus escribió:
"
lilianmarius escribió:
"
Cjin escribió:
You cannot doublecorrupt belt to have both +%int/+%str and +%int/+%dex

That nerf value is almost 0 - have you ever seen a double corrupted double %intelligence Cyclopean Coil? I didn't! :)

I have one and make that myself

That is a single implicit mod (it's a hybrid mod).

Prior to 3.10 you could get 2 hybrid mods by double corrupting, meaning you could stack even more %int.

Str/Int
+
Dex/int
=
2x %Int
Editado por útlima vez por LiNGeN en 11 mar. 2020 12:29:29
I have to ask, as it is my last goal to complete: hit maps in 8 hours after league start, solo.

With this build, and starting off at league start, how many playing hours does it take you to finish the 10 acts and hit maps?

For whatever reason, I've never been able to hit maps any earlier than Sunday, typically after ~15-20 played hours. (Typically the 20 occurs when I try another build first to get currency.)

At that point, I usually have all of my gems, have at least a 4S staff, and a fair amount of crafting material, and generally no more than a couple of chaos and a bunch of alchs.

To try to reach my goal, I was going to focus on Freezing Pulse/Frost Bomb (and not worry about whether I can get a WI staff or not until I get plenty of chaos from maps), as with the following link setup:

1. Freezing Pulse, Added Cold Damage, Controlled Destruction, Cold Penetration. Add Slower Projectile if I somehow get a 5L. (Single target and cleanup.)

(1a. Kelvynn suggested Winter Orb, Cast While Channeling, Freezing Pulse, Greater Multiple Projectiles. PoB has this at about 20% of the damage of 1, but maybe the AoE helps. Comments?)

2. Frost Bomb, Arcane Surge, Spell Echo, Controlled Destruction or Concentrated Effect (drop this and keep moving. This would be my main attack spell as I move through the acts. I'll use CE unless I am seeing too many trash mobs left behind.)

My main slowdowns have been:

(a) at end of Act 4, going and filling out all the gem sockets. That usually takes an hour on trade, but significantly increases my tankiness.

(b) I'll usually be ready to do Kitava at level 65ish. What I then do is farm exp until level 70 before killing Kitava. That does take a couple of hours.

(c) Switching to CI and regearing. I try to do that once only, at level 70. That definitely takes a couple of hours of trading and making sure my resists are maxed out.

What am I doing wrong here? Do you have any suggestions to make my levelling speed go faster?

Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 11 mar. 2020 19:45:26
"
Graiaule escribió:
I have to ask, as it is my last goal to complete: hit maps in 8 hours after league start, solo

Last league, it took me 11 hours of playtime, but I also just had a baby and had to stop a bit every couple of hours, which really can halt the momentum vs doing it all in one shot. I never really play ES and had a slight learning curve this league as well, so I went slower than my normal builds, which is usually around 9ish hours.

I think a lot of the things you are doing are just guaranteed to add more time to your leveling. If you just follow basic racer strats (who tend to do it way faster), and NOT do all the things you are doing, you'll level much faster.

(Unless you are HC, where slow makes more sense).

Always try to be a few levels above the zone's level. Only kill Rare packs or stuff to buff your quicksilvers. Learn how to quit to get back to town faster, or which waypoints to get first.

Learning how to boost your damage early (Example: wand DPS recipe - Topaz Ring + Alteration + Resist ring for flat damage if leveling with spells) is really strong. Make sure to always craft extra stuff on your gear for whatever you need (resists, hp, extra damage). Get speed boots. Keep moving and try not to get too caught up in gear/trading before maps (with the exception of keeping an eye out for planned uniques you 100% will need... best to buy those early if possible). Essences are worth using while you level. Skip stuff you don't need to do, potentially even skillpoints unless you think you need them. (you can always go back and you'll be 10x stronger so you'll save time).

If you aren't leveling with your main skill, there is nothing wrong with just sticking with your leveling gear/skills until maps, just remember to level your main skill in your weapon slot. You can always farm the chaos recipe ASAP to get some quick currency to trade at that point.

You can abuse portals during bosses, so there is no extreme reason to farm XP for Kitava, etc. unless you are somehow REALLY behind the curve in damage/hp/resists... but even then, I think most people just zerg what they can.

Lastly, you'll never hit 8 hours after league start, solo, without really practicing time saves and just doing it over and over again. For instance, I have acts 1-4 super speedy because of old POE, but I always slow down in acts 5-10 just because I've never taken the time to really practice them. Even after X leagues of these new acts, I still sometimes forget stuff around act 9 or find myself lost in some layouts.

If you are getting 20 hours league starts now, you won't hit 8 hours unless you find a REALLY OP combo, level in groups, get super lucky in drops, and even then... you'll probably not hit 8 hours. You need to get there incrementally and that will only come with practice and being really strict with how you play. I'd maybe aim for 15 hours and really push yourself to just run past everything that you can.

Editado por útlima vez por wakasm en 12 mar. 2020 1:23:31
@wakasm: thanks. Getting some kind of OP gem setup is just what I wanted to try out since I know I'm not finding Lifesprig wands.

Archmage support might be helpful early on.

Kinetic Bolt also looks interesting, though it's not clear what type of damage it does.

I know to do the +spell damage and +cold damage to wands.

I've watched a few of the racing videos. The issue with them is they are not doing a WI build (I don't want to spend a lot of regrets respecing.) Hopefully if I am able to build up an OP Frost Bomb I can fire and forget, which will save a huge amount of time. Standing and shooting is just too slow.

I tried Kelvynn's mine build, and I have discovered I hate playing mine builds, so that's out.

I have acts 1-10 more or less memorized. That's not the problem (usually.) I just need to make sure I remain OP all the way to the end...

I'll try to avoid any trading (except to sell stuff and buy the staff and the cheap levelling uniques for our build.) We will see.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 12 mar. 2020 3:14:22
Any interesting jewel cluster notables catch your eye that may change your build idea at all?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional