[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Has anyone seen the new unique jewel "split personality" yet?
https://i.imgur.com/ce76wO0.png

20% int nodes isn't bad. The socket below Ghost Reaver has 22 int nodes leading up to it. That means 44 base int for the jewel times whatever %int you have. Hopefully it will come in a +5 int mod variety too, not just dex.

Would that beat a rare jewel with 16 int, 30% increased spell damage and some ES?
"
HHLupus escribió:
Has anyone seen the new unique jewel "split personality" yet?
https://i.imgur.com/ce76wO0.png

20% int nodes isn't bad. The socket below Ghost Reaver has 22 int nodes leading up to it. That means 44 base int for the jewel times whatever %int you have. Hopefully it will come in a +5 int mod variety too, not just dex.

Would that beat a rare jewel with 16 int, 30% increased spell damage and some ES?

I don't think that how it works. The jewel does not give 20% effect to nodes between it and starting location, it gives 20% effect to this jewel only per node between it and your starting location. So this jewel would get 440% increased effect or +1dex and +1mana per node. Int version would get +22int for total of 27int in this case. So unless you can roll higher base int (if int version is there in the first place) it would not be worth.

The effect is weirdly written: "this jewel's socket has" when "this jewel has" would be effectively same thing and less confusing.

Edit: It is actually not the same thing after all. With suff like this the socket can have effect in addition to the jewel only that would be also multiplied. Does the jewel effect get then multiplied at all? Anyway you would need to find some "passives also give extra +int" modifiers for it to be worthwile.
Editado por útlima vez por Cjin en 8 mar. 2020 5:31:11
Hm...

Arcane Adept
5% increased Attack and Cast Speed while Channelling
Channelling Skills deal 20% increased Damage
Gain Arcane Surge after Channelling for 1 second

WoW wow

Cold to the Core
1% increased Cold Damage per 25 Dexterity
1% increased Cold Damage per 25 Intelligence
1% increased Cold Damage per 25 Strength

Genius
8% increased maximum Mana
5% increased Intelligence

Conservation of Energy
8% increased maximum Energy Shield
0.3% of Spell Damage Leeched as Energy Shield
20% increased Maximum total Recovery per second from Energy Shield Leech

Will Shaper
Gain 5% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield
Editado por útlima vez por archwerewolf en 9 mar. 2020 21:23:50
Savour the Moment
10% increased maximum Energy Shield
Regenerate 3.00% of Energy Shield per second while stationary

Spring Back
6% increased maximum Energy Shield
10% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge
15% increased Energy Shield Recharge Rate

Energy From Naught
+100 to maximum Energy Shield

Sublime Sensation (booby prize)
10% increased maximum Energy Shield
8% increased maximum Life

Dark Discourse
10% increased Effect of your Curses
Enemies you Curse are Hindered, with 15% reduced Movement Speed
Regenerate 1% of Energy Shield per second if you’ve Killed an Enemy Recently

Sap Psyche
20% increased Spell Damage
30% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
Regenerate 1% of Energy Shield per second if you’ve Cursed an Enemy Recently

Essence Rush
40% increased Damage while Leeching Energy Shield
5% increased Attack and Cast Speed while Leeching Energy Shield

Thaumophage
0.6% of Spell Damage Leeched as Energy Shield
20% increased Maximum total Recovery per second from Energy Shield Leech
10% chance to Hinder Enemies on Hit with Spells, with 30% reduced Movement Speed

Pure Aptitude
Regenerate 1% of Energy Shield per second
Purity of Lightning has 30% reduced Mana Reservation
+20 to Intelligence

Mystical Ward
4% Chance to Block Spell Damage
Regenerate 1.5% of Energy Shield per second

are the other ones I've found.

Looks like we will be burning chaos orbs rerolling the cluster jewels.

Genius (5% intelligence) is worth 38 int (on an item, for my char at ~2664 int), so it's a ~50% upgrade over good rare jewels at 24-25 item int. Not bad.

We can get at most 5 Genius affixes per complex (1 large, 2 medium, 1 small.) And that complex will burn 19? passive points. That seems like a lot.

25% intelligence = 190 item int. The current Brute Force/Fertile Mind clusters in the lower part of the build add up to 16 points and give about 120 more character sheet intelligence than the complex can. So we're not going to build out a large cluster.

We're giving up 54 item intelligence when we socket a large cluster gem. We can get back 5% intelligence (38 item int), 2 jewel sockets (48-50 item int), plus other notables. It'll probably cost us ~10 passive points per large cluster. That looks like a clear win for us and probably the endgame goal.

Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 10 mar. 2020 0:26:28
Well Cold to the Core looks like win
gona w8 for PoB and check it all )
"
archwerewolf escribió:
Well Cold to the Core looks like win
gona w8 for PoB and check it all )

Possibly. I'm not holding out much hope that PoB will be working with the cluster jewels anytime soon. The jewels don't have the same number of points in them, different enchants, different affixes, aiee.
LocalIdentity has made a PoB fork. It's a lot faster in incorporating new things, even when it's difficult. E.g. timeless jewels from Legion. They aren't supported fully, but at least the forked PoB knows of their existence unlike the original.
Hi.
I am noob in game so have some basic questions.

1. Why not hierophant or elementalist? They have better elemental abilities and defensive abilities in ascendancy.

2. Why no added cold damaage support in weapon?

3.Can you pls briefly explain gem setup in armor?

Thank you.
"
Hi.

1. Why not hierophant or elementalist? They have better elemental abilities and defensive abilities in ascendancy.

Thank you.

1. They don't have better abilities. For this build at least. Hierophant has only 20% max mana gained as ES. All other stuff requires use of totems. Elementalist gives immunity to reflect, but there is nothing else really useful. This build used to use Occultist and I think it is still viable but numberwise scion is doing better. You could also try the Guardian one if you don't want Scion.

2. It adds flat damage. If you do 100 damage per hit then adding 50 is good. But If you are doing 10000 damage per hit +50 is nothing, something that gives +% is lot better.

3. You get hit, Cast when Damage Taken procs. Casts Ball Lightning. Ball lightning hits enemy, procs Curse on Hit. Curses the enemy with whatever curses you have on sockets. No need to manually cast them.
"
Cjin escribió:
"
Hi.

Thank you.

1. They don't have better abilities. For this build at least. Hierophant has only 20% max mana gained as ES. All other stuff requires use of totems. Elementalist gives immunity to reflect, but there is nothing else really useful. This build used to use Occultist and I think it is still viable but numberwise scion is doing better. You could also try the Guardian one if you don't want Scion.

2. It adds flat damage. If you do 100 damage per hit then adding 50 is good. But If you are doing 10000 damage per hit +50 is nothing, something that gives +% is lot better.

3. You get hit, Cast when Damage Taken procs. Casts Ball Lightning. Ball lightning hits enemy, procs Curse on Hit. Curses the enemy with whatever curses you have on sockets. No need to manually cast them.

If I might add, Icestorm has a damage effectiveness of only 30%. Any added base cold damage therefore is at 30% of its value. Icestorm and The Whispering Ice both has modifiers that are based on how much Intelligence you have. This is what gives most "bang for the buck". % increased damage modifiers are secondary to that. +base cold damage are last options for adding more DPS to this build.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional