[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
SkylerOG escribió:
I have those +13 to attributes mods on my boots and amulet because without them my dex would go below the 111 (and 125 for awakened gems) requirements for current 20/20 green gems. And if I got rid of one of them and took a +30 dex passive node instead (so I could add aspect of spider crafted suffix), then my str would be below my dex, which would disqualify the "cannot be ignited" feature on the Cyclopean. Not to mention cost me yet another passive point.

Needless to say, it's been difficult trying to figure out how to reach 125 dex without going over str, and without having to waste more than 1 passive on a +30 str node, which I already had to do as is.

If you got any ideas, I'd love to hear it.

I also don't have the ability to craft aspect of spider yet on my bench. I'm still quite a noob. Just returned after a year off, and even when I did play a year ago, it was only for maybe 8-9 months prior. I was only just learning how to craft anything of significance then.

I'm on Standard server, btw, so I promise any decent -9% cold pen helmet with some int, resist, and 200+ ES is easily 10+ ex.

Same with a lvl 1 Awakened Spell Cascade. I asked someone who had no price listed on one if he'd sell it to me for 5ex and he laughed and asked me if i was kidding, then told me 20 ex. The cheapest one listed right now is 17 ex. It's crazy, but that's Standard for ya, I guess.

Go look up the boots. Any boots with 200+ ES, 30% movement, resists, and 40+ int are like 50+ ex. It's ridiculous.

How would you use both CD and EF?

I have (clearing staff) Cyclone, CWC, Energy Leech, Cold Pen, CD, and Spell Cascade. Then on (boss staff) I have Cyclone, CWC, Energy Leech, Cold Pen, CD, and Conc Effect.

What do you suggest swapping out for Elemental Focus if not Controlled Destruction?

Can I have Stone Golem and Skitterbots at same time? Stone Golem, with my helmet enchant, is crazy +ES regen. Don't want to lose that.

And how effective are skitterbots vs bosses?

Also, I have Frostbomb outside my 20/20 CWDT, and only Vortex inside there with Bonechill. I like to target FB's, and use FB and Flamedash to both proc Arcane Surge. This way I don't have to hit FD for AS when I want/need to be stationary for certain fights.

And lastly, it looks like Lilian confirmed that EF does not effect chill created by Icestorm, so that's good.

Thanks for all the help. I'm enjoying my return to the game. I love min/max'ing builds like this. I just wish the upgrades weren't so freaking expensive. I'm to that point where nearly everything else I need/want to upgrade is an extreme cost increase and out of my currency realm.

I see. Well you have to get the dex from somewhere, and you have to calculate which place is the most fitting for you. So rare jewels/any other crafting slot/new rings with attribute suffixes/better cyclopean with implicit corrupted mod % increased dex/int. All gloves can also have dex suffix no matter the type. Sacrifice passive points for it as last resort or even then revert to Astramentis if you really have to.

Standard... okay. I didn't notice you had no metamorph counter next to your name until now. I wasn't aware that awakened gems were available in standard. Thought it was challenge league only but obviously CotA expansion was added to core.

Most players are in Metamorph so I guess the reason why they're more expensive in standard (for now) is because they are rarer and higher in demand (due to less players putting it into the market). Same with other prices.

You should keep cool, save the energy and wait until the new league starts and join in with the rest of us!

All aspect skills are from Bestiary league and therefore you have to beastcraft them in the Menagerie at the Blood Altar: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Beastcrafting

Unless you want to hunt for it you just need to buy the unique boss Fenumus, First of the Night from another player and add it to your captured beasts. The recipe will be unlocked.

Swap Energy Leech out for CD.

I made a chart a while back with the most effective gems to use in the staff in order of damage contribution at BIS gem level/quality:

Spoiler
--------more----increased--penetration--level/quality (with +1 from WI)
aEF-----55%-----23%---------------------7/23
ConcE---56%-----11%---------------------22/22
EF------51%-----11%---------------------22/22
aCD-----50%-----11%---------------------6/22
CD------46%-----11%---------------------22/22
aCP-----0%------23%--------43%----------6/23
Hypo----41%*----0%----------------------22/0
Insp----35%*----0%----------------------22/23
EL------26/41%*-11%---------------------22/22
CP------0%------11%--------39%----------22/22
aSC--- -20%-----11%---------------------6/22
SC---- -19%-----0%----------------------22/22

EL - Energy Leech only gives more damage at either full ES or when leeching ES. Leeching stops when you've recovered to full ES, meaning you will have the lower bonus damage of the two most of the time.
Hypo - Hypothermia added damage only works against chilled enemies. Some bosses are immune to chill like Argus. Not really sure how many monsters that is, definitely few. Increased chill effects do not work with Icestorm if you use EF at the same time. But it might work on the chilled ground effects left by it as those obviously still work despite using EF (hard to test/prove?). This gem is not a bad option actually.
Insp - Inspiration at max charges (5) with 7% more spell damage each.

You can gave as many golems and skitterbots or other minions as you want. But it depends on how far away from the core build concept you want to go. I use chaos golem on CWDT in my chest until my awakened curse on hit is level 5 (which wont happen until next league start anyway) and I use skitterbots most of the time. But thats all the minions I use.

Skitterbots autochill and autoshock bosses as well, so it works really well for them too. But some bosses might be immune to chill/shock or have reduced effect of it. So it depends.
did anyone manage to kill sirius on max awakener lvl with this?
"
smeagol01 escribió:

Nice question, i think a lot of people playing this build, which managed to gear up with decent end-game gear, killed Sirus level 8 multiple times.

Myself, i killed him 75 times (for the challenge) this league, all of the kills were done in my Atlas and ~95% of them were level 8.

Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 2 mar. 2020 9:28:32
"
smeagol01 escribió:

I killed it with just 2k int, total cost of my items was around 2-3ex max. My chest was only 5L.
My items were not even end-game.
Editado por útlima vez por gruumine en 2 mar. 2020 9:56:26
"
smeagol01 escribió:

I have, several times, at level 8. I generally die at least once, to give you an idea of how bad of a player I am. (Culling strike in my helm is great.)
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 2 mar. 2020 19:12:34
kind of new to poe, still dont know how to navigate pob. so can some one more experienced advice me?

In Scion ascendancy choices, How much damage will I lose if I choose pathfinder as 2nd node in Ascendant instead of inquisitor?
(I like flasks)

isnt crit multiplier from inquisitor useless as we have elemental overload?

Thank you.

"
nickaustin escribió:
kind of new to poe, still dont know how to navigate pob. so can some one more experienced advice me?

In Scion ascendancy choices, How much damage will I lose if I choose pathfinder as 2nd node in Ascendant instead of inquisitor?
(I like flasks)

Thank you.

It's significant. Mine is showing a +365% difference in average hit (ie. +10,000 to average hit vs +2,750 to average hit) for Inquisitor to Pathfinder (make sure you ctrl-D in PoB so you can see the difference in the mouseover).

The big one you're missing is the "Immune to Elemental Ailments while on Consecrated Ground".

Not only does consecrated ground nearly double your ES regen (thanks to Zealot's Oath keystone), but with this Inquisitor mod, it acts as an instant strip, and of course immunity, of Ignite, Chill, Freeze, Shock, Scorch, Brittle, and Sap.

You may have ignite and shock immunity from a Cyclopean belt, but everything else you're susceptible to unless you have a mod elsewhere that takes care of it, or you rely on flask suffix mods.

But if you have Inquisitor, then all you need is a source of consecrated ground and you can instantly remove ALL elemental ailments any time, or simply stand on it and be immune.

This is why I like Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of Light ( https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Labyrinth_Enchantment# ) enchantment on my gloves (honestly, Word works the same as the others... 5s duration on consecrated ground when you're crit. Can get it from Normal Lab run), AND I am one of the few who likes Holy Flame Totem ( https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Holy_Flame_Totem ), which not only gives you consecrated ground at will, but it also instant strips ALL curses on you too. And on top of all this, of course, a Sulphur flask is yet a 3rd source of consecrated ground.

You should be making consecrated ground a staple of this build simply for the insane regen, but stripping elemental ailments and curses is just as big a deal.
Editado por útlima vez por SkylerOG en 3 mar. 2020 13:27:40
"
SkylerOG escribió:
"
nickaustin escribió:

(I like flasks)

Thank you.

It's significant. Mine is showing a +365% difference in average hit (ie. +10,000 to average hit vs +2,750 to average hit) for Inquisitor to Pathfinder (make sure you ctrl-D in PoB so you can see the difference in the mouseover).

The big one you're missing is the "Immune to Elemental Ailments while on Consecrated Ground".

Not only does consecrated ground nearly double your ES regen (thanks to Zealot's Oath keystone), but with this Inquisitor mod, it acts as an instant strip, and of course immunity, of Ignite, Chill, Freeze, Shock, Scorch, Brittle, and Sap.

You may have ignite and shock immunity from a Cyclopean belt, but everything else you're susceptible to unless you have a mod elsewhere that takes care of it, or you rely on flask suffix mods.

But if you have Inquisitor, then all you need is a source of consecrated ground and you can instantly remove ALL elemental ailments any time, or simply stand on it and be immune.

This is why I like Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of Light ( https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Labyrinth_Enchantment# ) enchantment on my gloves (honestly, Word works the same as the others... 5s duration on consecrated ground when you're crit. Can get it from Normal Lab run), AND I am one of the few who likes Holy Flame Totem ( https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Holy_Flame_Totem ), which not only gives you consecrated ground at will, but it also instant strips ALL curses on you too. And on top of all this, of course, a Sulphur flask is yet a 3rd source of consecrated ground.

You should be making consecrated ground a staple of this build simply for the insane regen, but stripping elemental ailments and curses is just as big a deal.

Awesome ty for taking time to write reply. Learned so many new things from your answer.
Best league ever for me.
Best gear 2680 int 13200 es

AND

first time ever 39 challenges. Last league i had lvl 98 this time only 97 to a lot of death from delve bosses sirius and reflect uber atziri.

got over 50 ex this time (for me a big deal) and did ALL challenges myself exept baran mana rune. this is the only i bougt.

The only thing who this build lacks is blighted maps and monolits. The killspeed isnt as good as headhunter builds. But all the other contend is really funny since we use cyclone

Next league i will skip as of it looks not really funny.

Great thanks to kel and lilian for the guide and the help in all situations.

edit2

as a side note. People told me its not possible to get double boss on 3 boss maps. Thats not true. You can get this mod on it. helped a lot to get
the last grindy 1500 map boss challenges and made a lot of money to sold the maps to other people.
Editado por útlima vez por ichbinwerichbi en 4 mar. 2020 17:25:12
i gotta say with this build elder and shaper are a joke.
first time doin both of them - never done them before.
i was shredding both of them deathless.
also had never more currency and more atlas completion and stuff in a league before

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional