[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
airesettia escribió:
Rerolling into this build atm. Not sure how far I'll be taking it (I'm usually pretty poor lol) but want to push a bit more into atlas solo. Can't wait till I can get CWC rolling, levelling before that point is pretty painful (especially if you're crap at paying attention to gear like me... oops haha).

On that note, how is the progression through thr atlas compared with blight league?

A lot slower, obtaining all those watchstones. Better map sustain though
"
airesettia escribió:
Rerolling into this build atm.

On that note, how is the progression through thr atlas compared with blight league?

Progression feels different. For me, there been some walls that seemd to only need time to wear them down. After that i went up some tiers, sustaining T14+ is really easy this league once you get enough watchstones.

I got some of my Leveling/early Map gear left, if you want it, you can have it.
IGN: EsWirdWinter.

If anyone has the 6% increased attributes craft, i would not mind a crafting Service. :)
"
Necrol escribió:

If anyone has the 6% increased attributes craft, i would not mind a crafting Service. :)

Only needed 1 unveil to get it.. Just went and bought fucking 20 body armors from Hillock to get that last one so i could help xd..

IGN: FrozVortex
and i'l help out :D

Editado por útlima vez por Froziph en 14 ene. 2020 12:39:56
"
alvincheng escribió:
"
Froziph escribió:

What is your PC specs like? I mean they still matter too! :P
It sounds like you're saying it does help though?

Old machine i5 8600k 16GB ram RTX2070

As result of few tests on 8700k+RTX2080 - it's not CPU or GPU problem.
With disabled v-sync i have 200+ fps in hideout (40-45% cpu utilization, 30-35% gpu), when I start casting icestorm whth awakened spell cascade - fps decreased to 18-22 (40-45% cpu util, LESS then 30% gpu!) but NETWORK utilization is increased a lot.
Editado por útlima vez por Ripple_ en 14 ene. 2020 12:54:29
i am a noob and i really want to know why go for path of the templer for 1 point... why not go something else

isnt there a better option beside this 1 point in the templer tree?
"
FairyTanya escribió:
i am a noob and i really want to know why go for path of the templer for 1 point... why not go something else

isnt there a better option beside this 1 point in the templer tree?

What else would you rather go? Path of the Templar also gives 2 passive points.

Do you mean the small node at templar start? It is taken since it also gives 5% elemental penetration due to the Pure Talent jewel we're using.
"
airesettia escribió:

I always time how long I spend on a character, how long to maps, how long to beat specific bosses, just so I can measure improvements and also as a reminder for certain builds to go back to. (A combination of Exile Diary + my own timer).

Playing a mostly Self-Found style, and only trading drops for currency to gear (I didn't buy any maps this league, for instance). It took me almost exactly as long to get to Awakener 8 Sirus as it took me to get to Uber Elder in Blight, like a difference of 2 hours. And my Blight build was much faster than this one in terms of gearing and also just in maps themselves. Based on that, I feel like the new Atlas is faster and the sustain seems much better.

That said, the RNG for the influence spawn feels worse even if it's not actually worse. I think i still prefer the old system. However, I think with a plan and specced build for it, you can greatly get to endgame much faster. Some things to consider.

- You can stack Watchstones to get yellow and red maps earlier in a single area, so by the 12th, you could have a dedicated red, yellow, white map drop specific area
- You can use Unique Ivory Watchstones to Awaken your map faster, to both get to Sirus 8, or just to have more red maps drop sooner, if anyone puts them up for sale or if you play in a group
- If you don't care about optimizing your maps, you can definitely leave maps early if you don't get conquerors to taunt you

You only HAVE to fully run 4 maps per cycle (the ones with the bosses in them). All the rest you can leave 1 min if you don't get the taunt or immediately after getting the taunt, so any time you find yourself in a map surplus, you can speed through a bit faster if you don't care about the drops.

I imagine a speedrunner or group-play with a strong income could get to endgame faster now, but I am not sure, because map sharing in the old altas was pretty strong too.

This is my guess anyway.
"
airesettia escribió:
Rerolling into this build atm. Not sure how far I'll be taking it (I'm usually pretty poor lol) but want to push a bit more into atlas solo. Can't wait till I can get CWC rolling, levelling before that point is pretty painful (especially if you're crap at paying attention to gear like me... oops haha).

Advice for future twinks - ilvl2 gloves+metallic+frigid+aetheric/shuddering (spells/attacks) and you will not have problem till like lvl50...

Progression now is kinda simple: fast rush to t10-t11, small wall here due to lower bonus, and after that fast t14-t16 rush. So reaching high tier maps is faster, but reaching 32 stones is slower.
Can i ask how strong and viable is this build i have played cyclone before disfavour/starforge with high dps this build looks gimmicky and wacky does it actually do damage and kill end game bosses?
Editado por útlima vez por Bezmageddon en 15 ene. 2020 7:46:14
"
Bezmageddon escribió:
Can i ask how strong and viable is this build i have played cyclone before disfavour/starforge with high dps this build looks gimmicky and wacky does it actually do damage and kill end game bosses?

No it doesn't do damage and have big issues with end game bosses, in reality is just a hipster CPU/GPU melting build!

Now serious, if you would have allocated 5 minutes of your precious time and would have read the first post from this build guide you would have got your answer pretty quickly. There are like a dozen of videos made by OP from last league with this build linked in that first post of the thread. And the videos are pretty explanatory themselves.

Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 15 ene. 2020 8:02:44

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional