[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
lilianmarius escribió:
Because i don't enjoy people bashing a build, that performed very well from its first iteration up to current one, just because it's not that cheap as it looked to...and doing that when its creator and maintainer is not here to present his point of view is even worse.

And if you are curious you should check how many comments on this forums your Guardian "friend" has with the tag "Removed by support" to understand what kind of person you defend and sustain. It seems that his bad attitude from his posts in this thread is nothing new for him, i am curious why he isn't banned yet from these forums.

I don't know the guardian guy, like how am I defending his "person" when I've only ever commented about his build. I don't know him in game, I don't follow his comments or anything. I just supported the idea that his take on a build was interesting and should could be a good discussion.

I just found his take on the build interesting after he posted on here, especially since I just played THIS build this league and found it to be an expensive build. If there is a way to get even 80% of this build done but much cheaper - why wouldn't that be interesting?

Is pointing out that it's not a budget build a crime? Am I bashing it? Is pointing out that realistic players would hover around 9-10k ES a problem and should and your average player won't have 100ex to dump into certain items? Or that as an HC or SSF build it probably isn't the best option?

Can you even find quotes where I bash this build?

There is a wide difference between having valid criticisms about a build and bashing it. At no point do I ever say this build is bad. Is there some disclaimer that says I can't have an opinion here?

I'm 95% sure the creator would talk about this build like a normal human being and discuss other options, or at least say something like - "Hey, that's an interesting take on the build". I doubt he would be as antagonistic as you are.

As an aside:

"
Cjin escribió:
30 exalts and 700chaos to craft this thing. Too bad didn't roll good extra stats.

That's an awesome. It's amazing how much Awakener Orbs will change the game moving forward. They make a lot more sense than the Synthesis crafting.

Editado por útlima vez por wakasm en 13 ene. 2020 20:29:16
"
Cjin escribió:
30 exalts and 700chaos to craft this thing. Too bad didn't roll good extra stats.

you get 2 chances per 4 exalts to hit per 15 int. I don't know how lucky I was, but got it with 30 exalts. Other affixes ended up being useless.

I can go ahead and tell you, that is very lucky :P.. 15 attempts to get the exact prefix you wanted! I'm gonna go ahead and assume you blocked a common unwanted affix, like mana, on each attempt. If not, remember that in the future!

Also, i think this is the way to do it. At league start i'd probably combine %int + dmg per int instead, since it is so much cheaper to get going. To get those GG amulets with int on top.. Well, that is just to keep trying what you did until the combining hits well ^^..
Nice amulet! Surprisingly few of them around on trade sites.

"
staticprevails escribió:
Honestly the past few pages of this thread is a real bad look for the build. I personally wouldn't be super into trying out a build where the most recent pages are just fighting. Just move on.

Yes, Lilian has been overly.. Passionate. Does that really reflect poorly on the build though? While i agree and would support a discussion about the Guardian version (was a PoB ever even posted?), you're being overly dramatic with that statement as well. That is like saying you don't want to go to a resturant because some trashy people caused a drama there last week! Despite the food being really good ;)

"
lilianmarius escribió:
Because i don't enjoy people bashing a build, that performed very well from its first iteration up to current one, just because it's not that cheap as it looked to...and doing that when its creator and maintainer is not here to present his point of view is even worse.

I mean, people should definitely be allowed to discuss how well it performs at different prices. I myself am very much looking forward to trying this out, attempting to min max it. But portraying it to be a godly build with no drawbacks for cheaps, if that isn't the case. Is wrong, and will disappoint potentional users with a limited budget.

As i understand, it is also decently easy to get going. But again, discussing how good it is at different price points makes sense, and you should let people!

Not being able to say negative things just because Kevlyn isn't around.. No man, just no. It isn't like the build is being attacked. People are just sharing their opinions and experiences. If Kevlyn want to try and change some of these minds, he should be around. He of course doesn't have to be, but to say healthy discussion should not happen because he isn't, is wrong.

"
lilianmarius escribió:
And if you are curious you should check how many comments on this forums your Guardian "friend" has with the tag "Removed by support" to understand what kind of person you defend and sustain. It seems that his bad attitude from his posts in this thread is nothing new for him, i am curious why he isn't banned yet from these forums.

I must say, i really don't understand what set you off! Let the Guardian guy present his arguments (not just oh this is so much better, so much cheaper, you should all change!) and fight facts with facts. Not just he said she said. Instead of immediately bashing him, encourage him to share actual facts rather than just hearsay! Who knows, maybe you would learn something too ;)

"
Breken escribió:

Buy a cheap "Stampede" boots and give them a whirl through a map before you reroll. Once they are anointed, it will still be a small int/ES hit over a decent rare, but the movement speed with cyclone was totally worth it for me.

+1
Stampede boots are excellent budget boots for CwC Cyclone! It isn't the minmaxing dream, but they sure feel good to use. It also saves you a flask slot (Quicksilver) that could be used for damage as well!

"
wakasm escribió:
I beat Sirus 8 again today (this time with a watchers eye and some more ES) and had The Legion Sword drop + Awakener Melee Phys. I think that is a sign that I should try a melee build now for the remaining challenges.

Does it feel smooth for you? What level of budget are you playing with :P? You insanely good at the fight or getting carried by the build? What does your number looks like, avg hit / ES / int :P..

"
lilianmarius escribió:

If one WI player deserves to be locked in the Atlas by Zana than that one definitely should be Kelvynn :)

Without his work and passion for Whispering Ice the staff would be just another trash unique from the big pile of trash uniques that you always vendor.

I mean, stacking an attribute isn't a 100% unique idea. I have thought about doing a WI build before ever hearing of Kevlynn or his guide. That being said, i greatly appriciate the information available here. Although i personally learned more from looking at your PoB, than through this guide. Having followed him for years, i am sure you appriciate him a lot more! But these comments are looking a little cult like :(. Please don't misunderstand, i like you after having spoken to you in game, so i hope i can voice these opinions without causing you to dislike me!

A lot of stuff could be added to the guide. Budget uniques for leveling / league start such as Icetomb, Shavronne's Pace, Doedre's Scorn, Doedre's Tenure, Perandus Blazon Cloth. How to really min max this, guides on how to obtain some of the gear. Awakening together affixes on amulets, using essences into corrupts to obtain sick rings and so forth. It does seem a little shallow to me!

"
lilianmarius escribió:

Don't know about with how many fps you are used to play but myself without Spell Cascade which breaks my Asus ROG laptop, with a i7-7700HQ + GTX 1050Ti + 16Gb DDR4 and on an Intel M2 NVME SSD if i set my graphic details to medium on a 1920*1080 resolution can't pass 35-40 FPS when Cyclone spamming IceStorms onto mobs and when heavy Rampage effects get into action or i encounter some Legions my FPS can drop even to 15-20 but i got used to it :)

Have you tried out the sound-fix? If you go into config files (not ingame) and set the sound for different things to FALSE instead of muted, it should HEAVILY improve performance. I know i'l try this out next league, as i want to use Awakened Spell Cascade! Got a friend trying out WI at the moment, who says it worked wonders for him.

"
wakasm escribió:
]

That's an awesome. It's amazing how much Awakener Orbs will change the game moving forward. They make a lot more sense than the Synthesis crafting.

I don't know, i myself understand them, a ton of people really don't. Synthesis crafting could easily be understood too ;) And it could make some really fucking cool results! That being said the system was absolutely trash, i spent that entire league on trade site.
Awakener Orbs make for some really easy mid tier items, such as this:

Which costs around 4ex to make, if you end up with decent luck on clearing extra affixes. And you have the potentional for absolutely insane items! Like that Demon Torc amulet, that shit is insane.
Editado por útlima vez por Froziph en 13 ene. 2020 21:56:54
Cautionary Tale: I tried to combine Elder % Increased Attributes with Hunter % Increased Attributes on a belt, and one of them fell off. Expensive lesson in what NOT to do with an Awakener's Orb.
"
AdamnMiller escribió:
Cautionary Tale: I tried to combine Elder % Increased Attributes with Hunter % Increased Attributes on a belt, and one of them fell off. Expensive lesson in what NOT to do with an Awakener's Orb.

It is indeed an expensive lesson!

Generally, you can't combine two mods that are identical. However, that isn't enough to know sadly. GGG can be a little random one what does work together, and what doesn't.
For example, you can't have both Anger Aura effect and Wrath Aura Effect on a Sceptre.

The way to make sure you aren't wasting your precious currency, is by utilizing our long term friend: PoeDB

A lot of people use this tool to figure out what they can roll, affixes weights etc. What most do not know, and what hasn't really been that important until this league with the introduction of the Awakener Orb is: ModGroups

http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Belt

If you click on 'Increased Attributes' under both Elder and The Hunter, you will see in orange text: ModGroup: PercentageAllAttributes

An item can't have two affixes from the same exact modgroup. A very good detail to check out before using an awakener orb on stats that look somewhat similar!
"
Froziph escribió:

Have you tried out the sound-fix? If you go into config files (not ingame) and set the sound for different things to FALSE instead of muted, it should HEAVILY improve performance. I know i'l try this out next league, as i want to use Awakened Spell Cascade! Got a friend trying out WI at the moment, who says it worked wonders for him.

I tested this on Spell Cascade and Awakened Spell Cascade. Still no go for Legion / Blight encounters, falls to low 10fps. However this was tested on high settings in game, and I've since sold my Awakened Spell Cascade.

In other news, had a Hubris Circlet with Frost Bomb enchant lying around so why not, used deafening essence and got 2 open suffix, slammed Hunter's orb and...

Low ES though =(
"
alvincheng escribió:

I tested this on Spell Cascade and Awakened Spell Cascade. Still no go for Legion / Blight encounters, falls to low 10fps. However this was tested on high settings in game, and I've since sold my Awakened Spell Cascade.

What is your PC specs like? I mean they still matter too! :P
It sounds like you're saying it does help though?

"
alvincheng escribió:

In other news, had a Hubris Circlet with Frost Bomb enchant lying around so why not, used deafening essence and got 2 open suffix, slammed Hunter's orb and...

Low ES though =(

That could have been so much worse, i wouldn't be too unhappy with that result :P
"
Froziph escribió:
Does it feel smooth for you? What level of budget are you playing with :P? You insanely good at the fight or getting carried by the build? What does your number looks like, avg hit / ES / int :P..

Once geared it's smooth. It fufills it promises to do all content.

I played this build as a starter build and didn't play the market to amass income and due to time restraints, couldn't purchase everything at day 1 prices other than purchasing an Astramentis on day one when it was 30c.

If a new player would do this, I think they would struggle without help, but could easily grind currency to get what they need in yellow maps. I think an average player like me, who understands the game enough and how to value drops and build currency from playing, it's doable faster, but still a slower curve than a lot of other builds I've played.

The budget (IMO) outpaces the linearity of progression when relying on drops. So unless you are really good at making money early, this might be a better second build, but obviously, lots of people play this a first build. I would be suprised though if someone chose this for SSF or HC just due to how easy it is to die since you are only relying on leech + ES for the majority of your defense.

My end game budget probably ended up around 40-50ex, if I had to guess, maybe less since I opted for deals when I could find them. I leveled my own gems. I was missing quite a few obvious upgrades as well. Tons of room to upgrade.

The build feels silky smooth once you get past that 10k ES mark. Before that, it COULD do all content, but not without some issues at times. (My death count was higher on this build than any other build I've ever played, but once geared, I think I only died once or twice to weird mobs. I think a 15kes build would be pretty invincible). Before 10k, I think T12-T13 is your safe zone. Maybe the Watchers Eye would have changed this, not sure.

I had Sirus bug out the first two attempts (he wouldn't come down). I died in Sirus A7 learning the fight. I beat Sirus first A8 attempt at around 8500ES / 1900ish int, the second time and after a few lucky drops, I was able to push it to 10k / 2150 int, which was a noticeable difference, especially against T16 metamorphs + mods that would normally be potentially rippy.

The fight I think could be done with weaker stats/builds once you've learn the mechanics. I think it's an easier fight than Uber Elder since there is no "timer" so to speak and the main things that can kill you are telegraphed. As long as you dodge everything you can take as long as you want.

Editado por útlima vez por wakasm en 13 ene. 2020 23:28:39
I know that probably some will comment again about the relevance of it but here is a video of how this build (with ultra-mega-crazy-insane-expensive gear) compete in this league vs. The Hall of Grandmasters.

I think the video is kinda explanatory about the capabilities of this build to do this map safely, get your anti-curse, anti-freeze and anti-burning (for SR guys that you can meet there) flasks put fully upgraded Solaris/Abberath and dive into the packs of "mobs" spamming IceStorms on them, they will all die sooner or later.

Drop is poor like the mobs inside, else i would have farm it!

I_Storm_Santa vs. The Hall of Noobs (Grandmasters) - Metamorph league
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 14 ene. 2020 3:54:53
"
Froziph escribió:

What is your PC specs like? I mean they still matter too! :P
It sounds like you're saying it does help though?

Old machine i5 8600k 16GB ram RTX2070
Rerolling into this build atm. Not sure how far I'll be taking it (I'm usually pretty poor lol) but want to push a bit more into atlas solo. Can't wait till I can get CWC rolling, levelling before that point is pretty painful (especially if you're crap at paying attention to gear like me... oops haha).

On that note, how is the progression through thr atlas compared with blight league?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional