[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
archwerewolf escribió:
Just realised
Veritania on of us.in trailer she uses WI + WO combo)
Hm...mb it's Kelvynn so thats why he stop playing? xD

If one WI player deserves to be locked in the Atlas by Zana than that one definitely should be Kelvynn :)

Without his work and passion for Whispering Ice the staff would be just another trash unique from the big pile of trash uniques that you always vendor.
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 13 ene. 2020 13:18:54
I beat Sirus 8 again today (this time with a watchers eye and some more ES) and had The Legion Sword drop + Awakener Melee Phys. I think that is a sign that I should try a melee build now for the remaining challenges.

Good Luck. It's been fun debating. Good build. Not my favorite as a starter that I've played but definitely doable with a high min-max ceiling for anyone who wants to stick with one build for a league.

In the end, it carried me through all content and fulfills that promise. 7.5/10 build for my tastes. If there was an easier way to improve movement speed with less downsides, I'd give it a 8.5, but I didn't experiment much in theory crafting a way.

Only change I made to the build was using a Doedre's Elixir for free charges. Never got lucky enough to corrupt a +Int% Cyclopean Coil (after 8 tries), and didn't chase any of the endgear corrupts. (was going to until the sword dropped). Also only bought the Watchers Eye and got to use it for like 4 maps. Oh well. I won't sell my gear yet until I see how my next character goes.

Editado por útlima vez por wakasm en 13 ene. 2020 13:23:01
"
wakasm escribió:
I beat Sirus 8 again today (this time with a watchers eye and some more ES) and had The Legion Sword drop + Awakener Melee Phys. I think that is a sign that I should try a melee build now for the remaining challenges.

Good Luck. It's been fun debating. Good build. Not my favorite as a starter that I've played but definitely doable with a high min-max ceiling for anyone who wants to stick with one build for a league.

In the end, it carried me through all content and fulfills that promise. 7.5/10 build for my tastes.

You should go and try now that Guardian variant, with the currency you'll get from selling the sword and the gem i bet you'll be in top DPS ladder for Whispering Ice and would have a breeze steaming through content and also you could start a service for 6 man Uber Elder carries!

</sarcasm>

Good Luck!

"
wakasm escribió:

In the end, it carried me through all content and fulfills that promise. 7.5/10 build for my tastes. If there was an easier way to improve movement speed with less downsides, I'd give it a 8.5, but I didn't experiment much in theory crafting a way.

Only change I made to the build was using a Doedre's Elixir for free charges. Never got lucky enough to corrupt a +Int% Cyclopean Coil (after 8 tries), and didn't chase any of the endgear corrupts. (was going to until the sword dropped). Also only bought the Watchers Eye and got to use it for like 4 maps. Oh well. I won't sell my gear yet until I see how my next character goes.

Buy a cheap "Stampede" boots and give them a whirl through a map before you reroll. Once they are anointed, it will still be a small int/ES hit over a decent rare, but the movement speed with cyclone was totally worth it for me.
"
lilianmarius escribió:

You should go and try now that Guardian variant, with the currency you'll get from selling the sword and the gem i bet you'll be in top DPS ladder for Whispering Ice and would have a breeze steaming through content and also you could start a service for 6 man Uber Elder carries!

</sarcasm>

Good Luck!

I might try it some future league or if there was a race league. But not this one. I don't really care about the DPS ladder at all. My ego doesn't get tickled that way just like I don't really enjoy flipping currency. If I had more time to play, maybe. It's also why I USUALLY don't make a second build every league unless a chase item drops like HH or This sword. I enjoy the progression but think SSF is a little too limiting for the time I can play.

However, I DO care about the quality of life + budget of builds from levels 70-85. If two builds use the same skill mechanic, but one is cheaper to get going, I think that's worth looking into and discussing, especially if all things considered, they can do endgame smoothly. It gives more options.

It would have been better, to me, to have a friendly discussion showcasing that aspect vs focusing on how much $$$ makes this build better or how this build performs outside normal circumstances.

Keep in mind even this build was not always Cyclone or Ascendant based.

I'll try the Stampede boots just for comparison. I ended up just doing a lot of shrine maps for the challenge anyway, so the movement speed shrine had my hair blowing in the wind more often than not anyway.

Editado por útlima vez por wakasm en 13 ene. 2020 17:26:16
@wakasam if you wanted to look original by changing the quotes owner, you failed. Still go and play Guardian, i bet the guide is already up and has a dozen of pages of praises of happy people :)))))

And for your knowledge and to remember a bit from history of this build back in 2.0, first iteration of this build was Scion (Ascendant didn't exist at that moment) a build based mostly on unique items to stack Int like Astramentis, 2x Legacy Perandus Signet or 1x Legacy Perandus Signet + 1x Legacy Pyre (to convert 100% cold to fire), Auxium (i bet 95% of the build users from present time didn't even heard of this belt which was Tier 1 unique in those time and a chase item), Black Sun Crest as helmet and so on. And no it wasn't using Cyclone, it was self cast because at that moment Cast While Channeling wasn't invented yet.

And this build was able to kill Uber Atziri (hardest boss at that time), when most of the builds (some of them way more expensive) were wiped to the floor in that fight.

Guess with which build i dropped back then Atziri Gloves and sold them for a fortune at that time :)
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 13 ene. 2020 17:30:09
"
lilianmarius escribió:
@wakasam if you wanted to look original by changing the quotes owner, you failed.

Passive-aggressive much? I didn't change anything. I shortened it so that there was not 4 nested quotes in one to keep the post shorter. I missed a bracket while on mobile. Fixed.

And also - you once again missed the point. (shocking). I didn't run down the history fact by fact, but in general, that builds evolve through game changes, patches, new items, etc. People DISCUSSING builds, diversity, and alternatives make things better and help others learn more about the game.

You weirdly impart a lot of good game knowledge but oddly are also really defensive if it goes beyond this build, even if it's 100% relevant.

Look at top community contributors who showcase all kinds of takes on the same skills every league. There is a lot to be learned from others and silly to be so defensive about it.

Editado por útlima vez por wakasm en 13 ene. 2020 17:36:06
Because i don't enjoy people bashing a build, that performed very well from its first iteration up to current one, just because it's not that cheap as it looked to...and doing that when its creator and maintainer is not here to present his point of view is even worse.

And if you are curious you should check how many comments on this forums your Guardian "friend" has with the tag "Removed by support" to understand what kind of person you defend and sustain. It seems that his bad attitude from his posts in this thread is nothing new for him, i am curious why he isn't banned yet from these forums.
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 13 ene. 2020 17:48:31
Honestly the past few pages of this thread is a real bad look for the build. I personally wouldn't be super into trying out a build where the most recent pages are just fighting. Just move on.
30 exalts and 700chaos to craft this thing. Too bad didn't roll good extra stats.

I did following:

Get shaper amulet with %increased attributes as only shaper affix.
Get crusader amulet with %increased intelligence as only crusader affix.
Make sure one of the amulets is ilvl80+ and has implict modifiers you want.
Use awakener's orb to combine them. Make sure you combine into the ilvl80 amulet.

New item will have one influence specifc affix from both items and since both items had only one such affix, new item will have both %increased intelligence and %increased attributes. Not sure if using shaper amulet with 5-8%increased int will have chance to roll 9-12% or if it leaves with 5-8%. I got 9-12% both times but the base item had 9-12% to begin with.

Hope for empty prefix. First try failed to have 3 prefix and no per 15 int.
Then do following until you hit per 15 int prefix or you run out of exalts:
if 0 or 1 prefix use exalt.
if 2 prefixes craft suffixes cannot be changed and scour.

you get 2 chances per 4 exalts to hit per 15 int. I don't know how lucky I was, but got it with 30 exalts. Other affixes ended up being useless.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional