[3.7] Champion Ice Spear Totem (Lazy Build For Delve 1000+)

can we get a updated POB link a lot of the gems and skill tree don't add up to the info on front page?
"
Aztharel escribió:
"
Blakkend escribió:
To Aztharel , not bashing or anything.... looking at your gear... you have no non uniques...guessing all but maybe lightning res is under cap .. And you havent done a single Lab run wich gives us a lot if survivability ..build plays great just give it a chance

I know I'm missing gear but:

I'm using all the "Recommended" for level 60. The post says something like "This is what you need to do the switch" I was leveling as the reccomended Infernal Blow setup and it was awesome, and I also was leveling the gems for the totem setup in the off hand, so at level 65 I changed my tree, gear and gems... and it was horrible. I just bought the helmet and it has made it a little better. But still: In other guides I have followed the "bare minimum" and it actually feels good. I have done other builds where the "bare minimum" was a Tabula that and felt a lot better, for this one I switched until I invested around 50c in all the gear and It wasn't nearly as good.

The POB is exaggerated to the point it is beyond ridiculous. All is PERFECT, hell, even the rares and flasks -.- Man look at the jewels!

The build needs 179 Intelligence but has only 143. The gems are freaking 21/20 and some others 21/23.

The character is lvl 100.

I like to follow builds and I like when they work or at least get you motivated to keep trying.

I also like to design my own builds, and even tho they are flawed and sometimes they don't work I like to keep them "Real".

But even with the crappy builds I was trying before the melee rework I didn't have to worry a lot about gearing through the leveling process.

Dude I hope you never play a Righteous Fire build if your bitching about having to figure your gear stuff this build guide shows end game tree and absolute endgame items in pob with and they are just there to show some of the possibilities of min maxing sorry we had to spell it out for you
i lvled this build, was really eazy, i went arc in a 5l soul mantle instead, swapped to icespear after i hit maps, arc just felt stronger on a 5l when speed lvling, since the dmg from arc comes out faster.

lvled with dw axe until i could equip the totem gear. used two screaming eagle and later two gryphon axe. can eazy find better dmg weap but i took em purely for the movement speed, dmg was fine with a 6l. also ran seven league steppes.

so fun to lvl with that MS :D

after 50 i went totems was really smooth with arc, only boss dmg was a bit low but i could have went some better spell weaps for dmg.
Don't worry guys I've already written to GGG and asked them to add a new feature to sort builds by required IQ.
"
MrFoxAos escribió:

man i go away for a few days

I've been following your character. Did you stop at Lv 95? Is there a reason for not taking this to 100?
"
Aztharel escribió:
"
Blakkend escribió:
To Aztharel , not bashing or anything.... looking at your gear... you have no non uniques...guessing all but maybe lightning res is under cap .. And you havent done a single Lab run wich gives us a lot if survivability ..build plays great just give it a chance

I know I'm missing gear but:

I'm using all the "Recommended" for level 60. The post says something like "This is what you need to do the switch" I was leveling as the reccomended Infernal Blow setup and it was awesome, and I also was leveling the gems for the totem setup in the off hand, so at level 65 I changed my tree, gear and gems... and it was horrible. I just bought the helmet and it has made it a little better. But still: In other guides I have followed the "bare minimum" and it actually feels good. I have done other builds where the "bare minimum" was a Tabula that and felt a lot better, for this one I switched until I invested around 50c in all the gear and It wasn't nearly as good.

The POB is exaggerated to the point it is beyond ridiculous. All is PERFECT, hell, even the rares and flasks -.- Man look at the jewels!

The build needs 179 Intelligence but has only 143. The gems are freaking 21/20 and some others 21/23.

The character is lvl 100.

I like to follow builds and I like when they work or at least get you motivated to keep trying.

I also like to design my own builds, and even tho they are flawed and sometimes they don't work I like to keep them "Real".

But even with the crappy builds I was trying before the melee rework I didn't have to worry a lot about gearing through the leveling process.

I agree with you an a couple of points that the OP hasn't updated the POB links and that he is using standard gear. I still wanted to try the build after having liked it in action.

Having said that, a couple of things about this build should come to mind automatically.

1. Bottom of the tree character playing a spell/totem build so Int will be an issue.
2. Bottom Tree going to Heiropant's section to use the said skill so no damage either during leveling. (refer to my previous post regarding the leveling gear I used)

Considering these 2 you should either try leveling a melee skill or boost your choice of spell with level-ling uniques that can boost your skill damage to compensate for the lack of dps nodes on tree and look for Int based items to meet stat requirements.

I was using these at 85 (already breezing through T10/T11):

1. Malachai : 5c
2. Weapon : Bought for 5c
3. Kikazaru and soul Mantle 5L: 20c
4. Gloves and Boots : 5c ea
5. Shield : 20c
6. Self Flag jewel : 7c

Thats about a 100c investment in a build upto High red maps which is definitely OK in my book at this stage of the league. By then I will know whether it "performs as good as it looks". Mathils builds look great on youtube but are a crap to play without his skill level.

My observations at 89 on this build with :

1. It can farm T15s and probably t16s as well ( will have to test t16 boss encounters)

2. Pretty safe as totems get the aggro and you have a lot of defense in the build. Died 3 times so far and only after I started doing desert spring runs at 85 (1 for a d/c and 2 in desert spring tunnel on a no regen map while I was trying to figure out how to do no regen maps)

3. Still cant properly use Cold Snap. Totems have to be slight farther from monsters (to trigger send stage of ice spear) while cold snap has to be on/under the monsters. SO the play is a bit non intuitive and needs some getting used to. Didnt need coldsnap till now but now that I am almost at end game content need to boost DPS as much as possible,

4. Vaal haste and Hatred dont work for me together. When I put them both on the shield Hatred automatically turns off after sometime randomly Even after the 3.7.2 patch. So experimenting with Vaal Lightning trap instead of Vaal Haste for now.

I think its possible to do uber elder even with my current gear provided I place my totems properly and get all gems leveled to 20/20. Deep delving might need so more investment such as Atziri's and Command of pit corruption and such.

Is there a way to apply curses apart from CoH on gloves? Do you cast them manually?
This build lacks a lot of damage, but is kind of tanky (many other builds are tanky if not more so)

I had did an elemental hit totems build that did much more damage than this for less investment, way less.

I have put close to 12 exalts into this build and the elehit build for less than 100 c would out damage this one.
Editado por útlima vez por bgi123 en 22 jun. 2019 5:02:44
Yeah I've been manually casting frostbite which is fine for the times you need it in this build. If you have Atziri's reflection you can use curse on hit rings. If you got the money/luck can have curse on hit corruption on gloves.

90% of the time I just let my cwdt enfeeble fly and just do manual frostbite after precasting totems for bosses/monoliths etc
"
bgi123 escribió:
This build lacks a lot of damage, but is pretty tanky.

I had did an elemental hit totems build that did much more damage than this for less investment, way less.

I have put close to 12 exalts into this build and the elehit build for less than 100 c would out damage this one.

you got level 16 gems man

but also yes an ele hit build would definitely outdamage this one. That's not the point of this build though. The point is just to be very safe through combining buffed fortify, totem taunts, freezes, chills, spell hinder, enfeeble, etc.
Editado por útlima vez por ragnarok911 en 22 jun. 2019 5:02:57

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional