[3.6] Updated / Ice Nova CoC & Cospri ! / 2 - 3M SHAPER DPS /Clear Speed / Multiple Versions

Ok, so I've been playing this build for a little bit now. Thoroughly enjoying the playstyle and feel. After getting my Cospri's and Lyco, I picked up Kaom's roots, and started mapping. Felt SUPER rippy. After a few hours I finally noticed something.

This is an evasion build. Using Kaoms Roots. Which gives Unwavering Stance. Which removes evade chance... Um...

Mind suggesting some different boots? Or is there something I'm missing here? Because as far as I can tell these aren't a very good choice, but I could be missing something.

EDIT** Upon some personal research, I ended up picking up a pair of Garukhan's Flight. Opens up a 4-link, helps with the dex struggle, therefore opening some room for other mods/flexibility in other gear, gives 2 hp per 10 dex, and most importantly gives 30% movement speed which helps to make shield charge feel even better. Cost me 4c. If anyone else noticed or is looking for another option for boots, there ya go, my recommendation :D

Not sure what I'll put in that 4-link yet, but... maybe cwdt + lightning/ice/chaos golem and an enfeeble to help make things just that little bit tankier after the loss of that extra hp.
Editado por útlima vez por DemonLordRio en 14 dic. 2018 22:21:11
if we use yoke of the suffering instead of pandemonius we miss out the 20% cold pen and the defense from blind and bonus chill? does it really worth it? mind of council also has no life and harder to get the enchant and get shocked all the time
Ye the changes seem weird. Pandemonius is a great defense, also why do we need assassin just use PoC and go Inquis. All I plan to get is an acuity and go slayer/inquis. Oh and also Taste of Hate is a grat defensive option and is cheap this league.
My totem throws shiny potatoes.
Editado por útlima vez por Much en 14 dic. 2018 23:27:16
Hey OP, would you think about dual wealding? The accuracy is main issue but even taking jugg with scion is not enough.

Any other means for more accuracy in this case?
I swear if they make some maven "Simon says" insta-death minigame, sirus, exarch ball minigame then i wont play poe2.
"
DemonLordRio escribió:
Ok, so I've been playing this build for a little bit now. Thoroughly enjoying the playstyle and feel. After getting my Cospri's and Lyco, I picked up Kaom's roots, and started mapping. Felt SUPER rippy. After a few hours I finally noticed something.

This is an evasion build. Using Kaoms Roots. Which gives Unwavering Stance. Which removes evade chance... Um...

Mind suggesting some different boots? Or is there something I'm missing here? Because as far as I can tell these aren't a very good choice, but I could be missing something.

EDIT** Upon some personal research, I ended up picking up a pair of Garukhan's Flight. Opens up a 4-link, helps with the dex struggle, therefore opening some room for other mods/flexibility in other gear, gives 2 hp per 10 dex, and most importantly gives 30% movement speed which helps to make shield charge feel even better. Cost me 4c. If anyone else noticed or is looking for another option for boots, there ya go, my recommendation :D

Not sure what I'll put in that 4-link yet, but... maybe cwdt + lightning/ice/chaos golem and an enfeeble to help make things just that little bit tankier after the loss of that extra hp.

Hi thanks for your insight!

Not sure what skill you're using, probably Cyclone I guess?
Garukhan is a solid choice, life,evasion, movementspeed, everything needed is there.
But for my personal choice, I would take Duskblight (costs 1 alch).
Because even if you're stun immune during Cyclone, you are not always Cycloning, and the 50% stun recover speed can help a lot.
Plus, it has life, movement speed, and most importantly, 50% chaos res during any flasks, this can be very useful especially against chaos mobs.

The evasion provided by garukhan is nice though, roughly 5% of evade chance, but since you're already blinding the enemies (equals 50% evade chance), an additional 5% wouldn't do that much.

Or just get rare boots xD

The reason I'm choosing Kaom's root is because I'm aiming for the high-end content like Uber Elder, where evasion can basically do nothing.

At last for the 4-link, unless you have an additional curse, there's no reason you would replace Warlord with enfeeble, most of your sustainability comes from Warlord.

cwdt with chaos golem(phys. reduction), and orb of storms+culling strike (if you're not using slayer) might be something useful.

Edit: I checked your character (hope you don't mind), and I found that you didn't have any form of Warlord's Mark in your setup.
I see you're using MoM, so blasphemy-warlord is not good.
And here's the idea for your last 4 link, just use a level 1 cwdt plus a level 5 warlord's mark. This is a core defensive layer and you shouldn't miss it.
Editado por útlima vez por diabloyd en 15 dic. 2018 2:40:21
"
sivertry escribió:
if we use yoke of the suffering instead of pandemonius we miss out the 20% cold pen and the defense from blind and bonus chill? does it really worth it? mind of council also has no life and harder to get the enchant and get shocked all the time

I should mention in my update (will do after replying to you), that this setup is specifically for the BF version and encounters with lots of Spell damage (especially Uber Elder).

First of all, you can still get a lot of damage from Yoke (and I explained why in the update), however, the purpose of Yoke is to shock, so that you can recover lots of mana from MotC.

Mind of council provides lots of mana, and since we're using MoM, mana is also one of the defensive layers.

As for the +% to get shocked, i'll just quote a wiki for you:
"
Although the +20% chance to be Shocked modifier may seem hazardous, its effect is reduced by the fact that shock is calculated based off of the amount of lightning damage dealt to life and the fact that 30% of Lightning Damage is taken from Mana before Life when Hit.

My thought is, if you have this level of gear, you basically delete anything and the hardest encounters, like Shaper/Elder and the Master mind, its deadly skills the bosses use often come from spell damage, (Aul is an exception).
So I don't really value evasion that much.

However, this is for high-end purpose and its very expensive, you might want to take advantage of you evasion with blind early on (check my previous reply, hope it'll help you.
"
Much escribió:
Ye the changes seem weird. Pandemonius is a great defense, also why do we need assassin just use PoC and go Inquis. All I plan to get is an acuity and go slayer/inquis. Oh and also Taste of Hate is a grat defensive option and is cheap this league.

I did this because of the crit bonus and free power charges, plus the chance to poison is a little bit of extra (Yoke). For other information check my previous replies, you guys have asked the similar question :)

And of course you can go Inquisitor, a good choice I'd say, use a Frozen Trail for more frostbolts, and replace GMP with PCoC in your Cospri.
"
webas escribió:
Hey OP, would you think about dual wealding? The accuracy is main issue but even taking jugg with scion is not enough.

Any other means for more accuracy in this case?

Well since roughly 85% of your total damage output comes from your 6linked Ice Nova, Even if you have 100% hit chance, Dual wielding would not help that much.
I wouldn't recommend it.
This build is so fun. I remember 2.0 CoC was the reason I fell in love with this game.
Now after the buff again CoC is back!
Thank you for posting this build!
"
diabloyd escribió:
"
DemonLordRio escribió:

Hi thanks for your insight!

Not sure what skill you're using, probably Cyclone I guess?
Garukhan is a solid choice, life,evasion, movementspeed, everything needed is there.
But for my personal choice, I would take Duskblight (costs 1 alch).
Because even if you're stun immune during Cyclone, you are not always Cycloning, and the 50% stun recover speed can help a lot.
Plus, it has life, movement speed, and most importantly, 50% chaos res during any flasks, this can be very useful especially against chaos mobs.

The evasion provided by garukhan is nice though, roughly 5% of evade chance, but since you're already blinding the enemies (equals 50% evade chance), an additional 5% wouldn't do that much.

Or just get rare boots xD

The reason I'm choosing Kaom's root is because I'm aiming for the high-end content like Uber Elder, where evasion can basically do nothing.

At last for the 4-link, unless you have an additional curse, there's no reason you would replace Warlord with enfeeble, most of your sustainability comes from Warlord.

cwdt with chaos golem(phys. reduction), and orb of storms+culling strike (if you're not using slayer) might be something useful.

Edit: I checked your character (hope you don't mind), and I found that you didn't have any form of Warlord's Mark in your setup.
I see you're using MoM, so blasphemy-warlord is not good.
And here's the idea for your last 4 link, just use a level 1 cwdt plus a level 5 warlord's mark. This is a core defensive layer and you shouldn't miss it.

Nope, perfectly fine. Yea, I haven't been able to afford the warlords ring yet, so I am missing it. After taking off the kaoms I feel much better, just seems like something you might want to mention in the initial post, though ultimately it's my own fault for not looking lol.

I hope I didn't come across too gruff or condescending in my initial post though! I love the build, it's feeling great, just something that caught me off. I will definitely try to get that warlords up now though.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional