[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
If i were to weapon swap for flicker and molten is there another 2h wep that I could usefor molten only that would be better than oros?

Second Oro's is still best, hard to compete with frenzy charge generation, huge fire damage and built in culling strike.

"
taylangur escribió:
I'm having trouble killing endgame bosses. Someone mentioned killing Pure Xoph in 5-6 seconds, my dps just isn't there, it takes around 1 min to kill it. What am I missing other than helm enchant? Surely only that won't make the 55 seconds difference. I don't know what should I upgrade first. (Also the belt is kinda expensive to replace, stygian with same stats costs many ex)

https://pastebin.com/pfkSknEF

Hey tay!

It looks like you have the wrong gem setup in molten strike, the added fire damage support is currently doing nothing as it gives damage based off of base physical damage. Since Oro's doesn't have physical damage using added fire support means basically playing on a 5 link.

Swapping it out for a elemental damage with attacks supports will boost damage by 1.54x. Combined with a +2 helmet, it is easily possible to do twice the amount of single target damage you are currently doing (1.54 x 1.3 = 2).

"
Xs4all_UK escribió:
Hi, I am not sure if this was asked before and already replied to, but does the mark of the elder + shaper ring add dps to the current build that you have suggested?

It's a possible aggressive variant, The Taming ring seems to beat it though as it offers the same amount of damage, a good amount of resists and doesn't confine us to using a Shaper ring.

If you're currently using a mark of the elder ring or want to use one anyway, it's still quite good if you can make it work.

"
Silent334 escribió:
Hey there, first of all I want to say thank you for this detailed guide on an absolutely amazing build. I am playing my second league now and I've been playing different Cyclone variations and traps before, but this build is just so much smoother and more fun to play for me, so again, cheers for creating this.

Now I was wondering though, since even with 95% chance to hit it feels like sometimes mobs just evade a lot, would it be possible to go for Resolute Technique instead of Elemental Overload? Theres 2 approaches to this, either keeping Whispers of Doom for the extra layer of defense Enfeeble provides or dropping it and going to the Celestial Judgement node, gaining another socket-slot and ending up with maybe even more damage overall but losing the additional curse.

Maybe my approach is horrible, im still learning, but any feedback is appreciated :)

Cheers

Hey thanks Silent!

There really is no right or wrong here, the guide is largely just a template for people to play with. If the character feels better to play to you than an other way, it should be built that way, simple as that.

That being said, any way which I have tried to build the RT way ends up being -20 to -25% less damage (vs bosses) and the same defenses. However if you truly don't enjoy missing hits it may be worth it for you to switch to RT.

If going that way I'd personally drop the whispers of doom and the Impresence for sure, at that point it doesn't make much sense to path up there.

"
svengetspumped escribió:
Ended up bricking it after I crafted the new one lol.

RIP

"
dannylock escribió:
hi, thx for all the effort you putting together,, but can you tell what i did wrong with my gear or skill tree? because my magma ball damage for molten strike is no where near yours in POB, so if you can take a look at it, that would be awesome, and there is my POB: https://pastebin.com/Ecy9Sjym

There's a few things causing the difference: 20 passive points, Multiple jewel sockets, Watcher's eye, Better belt / Better gloves (the conversion craft on there right now isn't doing anything as we already do pure fire damage), Gems with levels / quality and one of your Oro's sacrifices could really use a Divine orb as well, it's almost the lowest roll possible.

Your gear looks really good overall though.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Hi, I would like you to check my character and tell me what seems to be wrong, I managed to kill Hydra but I died once, didnt manage to take on the other bosses tho.
the tankiness is very convinient but I feel like I take way more physical damage than I should.
its really frustrating and if you have any recommendations of what should I do/buy please let me know.

Thank you for responding to everyone and putting this much effort to help noobies like us.
"
DotanIchiban escribió:
Hi, I would like you to check my character and tell me what seems to be wrong, I managed to kill Hydra but I died once, didnt manage to take on the other bosses tho.
the tankiness is very convinient but I feel like I take way more physical damage than I should.
its really frustrating and if you have any recommendations of what should I do/buy please let me know.

Thank you for responding to everyone and putting this much effort to help noobies like us.

Hey sorry for the long reply!

It looks like you've missed a few story skill points (4 of them). Typing /passives in the chat box will show you any which you have missed.

This should allow you to pick up the health skill points which you've missed (Golem's blood in duelist area, various other +5% hp nodes) as well as take an additional jewel socket near the Acrobatics keystone.

Additionally, the watcher's eye that you're using which gives +% critical strike multiplier while affected by anger isn't doing anything due to how elemental overload works. Either get a % increased fire damage one or a % fire penetration one.

Curse immunity on one of your utility flasks (basalt or quicksilver) will help a lot too, a lot of really rippy map mods can be negated by this. Don't put curse immunity on health flask as it will go away at full hp.

Final thing would be to take blood rage off of cast when damage setup. Just level it up high and CWDT won't activate it anymore, or just break the link between it and the CWDT setup. Use it for mapping or fights you feel confident using it in, the drawback it gives - 4 % health regen can be rough.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Thank you man!
Appretiate the help.
ill start working on it :)
Hey there,

Really appreciated your build. I only started playing POE this league so everything is rather new to me. I've thoroughly enjoyed what you've done here and very impressed by how willing you are to chat to us noobies :).

the question I have if you might indulge me is to determine what I should upgrade next. I only have 1.5 ex in my 'bank' so I'm relatively poor. My profile is open so I think that means you can see what I'm wearing.

some notable things I don't have is a 6L weapon, the Belly obviously ( I have one but it has 2 sockets etc), the +2 molten on the helm, might of the meeks, impresence amulet and the watcher's eye.

I don't have a lot actually :) I'm currently clearing T5/6 maps and trying to build up my map pool etc.

So what should i spend my 1.5 ex first?

Thanks!

EDIT: Just re-read your initial guide, and you include a purchase order right there in the centre. No need to reply! :)
Editado por útlima vez por Montassiner en 30 dic. 2018 23:01:32
"
Monhsaroh escribió:
"
If i were to weapon swap for flicker and molten is there another 2h wep that I could usefor molten only that would be better than oros?

Second Oro's is still best, hard to compete with frenzy charge generation, huge fire damage and built in culling strike.

"
taylangur escribió:
I'm having trouble killing endgame bosses. Someone mentioned killing Pure Xoph in 5-6 seconds, my dps just isn't there, it takes around 1 min to kill it. What am I missing other than helm enchant? Surely only that won't make the 55 seconds difference. I don't know what should I upgrade first. (Also the belt is kinda expensive to replace, stygian with same stats costs many ex)

https://pastebin.com/pfkSknEF

Hey tay!

It looks like you have the wrong gem setup in molten strike, the added fire damage support is currently doing nothing as it gives damage based off of base physical damage. Since Oro's doesn't have physical damage using added fire support means basically playing on a 5 link.

Swapping it out for a elemental damage with attacks supports will boost damage by 1.54x. Combined with a +2 helmet, it is easily possible to do twice the amount of single target damage you are currently doing (1.54 x 1.3 = 2).

"
Xs4all_UK escribió:
Hi, I am not sure if this was asked before and already replied to, but does the mark of the elder + shaper ring add dps to the current build that you have suggested?

It's a possible aggressive variant, The Taming ring seems to beat it though as it offers the same amount of damage, a good amount of resists and doesn't confine us to using a Shaper ring.

If you're currently using a mark of the elder ring or want to use one anyway, it's still quite good if you can make it work.

"
Silent334 escribió:
Hey there, first of all I want to say thank you for this detailed guide on an absolutely amazing build. I am playing my second league now and I've been playing different Cyclone variations and traps before, but this build is just so much smoother and more fun to play for me, so again, cheers for creating this.

Now I was wondering though, since even with 95% chance to hit it feels like sometimes mobs just evade a lot, would it be possible to go for Resolute Technique instead of Elemental Overload? Theres 2 approaches to this, either keeping Whispers of Doom for the extra layer of defense Enfeeble provides or dropping it and going to the Celestial Judgement node, gaining another socket-slot and ending up with maybe even more damage overall but losing the additional curse.

Maybe my approach is horrible, im still learning, but any feedback is appreciated :)

Cheers

Hey thanks Silent!

There really is no right or wrong here, the guide is largely just a template for people to play with. If the character feels better to play to you than an other way, it should be built that way, simple as that.

That being said, any way which I have tried to build the RT way ends up being -20 to -25% less damage (vs bosses) and the same defenses. However if you truly don't enjoy missing hits it may be worth it for you to switch to RT.

If going that way I'd personally drop the whispers of doom and the Impresence for sure, at that point it doesn't make much sense to path up there.

"
svengetspumped escribió:
Ended up bricking it after I crafted the new one lol.

RIP

"
dannylock escribió:
hi, thx for all the effort you putting together,, but can you tell what i did wrong with my gear or skill tree? because my magma ball damage for molten strike is no where near yours in POB, so if you can take a look at it, that would be awesome, and there is my POB: https://pastebin.com/Ecy9Sjym

There's a few things causing the difference: 20 passive points, Multiple jewel sockets, Watcher's eye, Better belt / Better gloves (the conversion craft on there right now isn't doing anything as we already do pure fire damage), Gems with levels / quality and one of your Oro's sacrifices could really use a Divine orb as well, it's almost the lowest roll possible.

Your gear looks really good overall though.

thx for your reply, i will try to get watcher's eye and grind few level to get those sweet jew in there
Hey there, first i wanna say thank you for making this build plan. I have a blast on my flicker scion thanks to you. I have one quick question and that is how do we deal with elemental reflect maps ? i am not sure what to do when i get to these maps, and i am fairly new so i am probably missing something essential or easy. Thanks!
"
Rashnu311 escribió:
Hey there, first i wanna say thank you for making this build plan. I have a blast on my flicker scion thanks to you. I have one quick question and that is how do we deal with elemental reflect maps ? i am not sure what to do when i get to these maps, and i am fairly new so i am probably missing something essential or easy. Thanks!

Yeah there's not much you can do but reroll on those. Ele reflect = death for this build.
Thanks for the fast response! I'm just glad im not doing something wrong!! again thanks for the great guide!
Hi.
Iam having trouble with life regen. I have seen in OP's videos having A LOT of life regen, i dont have nearly as much. Currently at lvl90 with decent gear (i suppose)... Anyone mind taking a look?

(profile should be public - Betrayed_Luck)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional