[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Honestly, with some tweaks, and all the powercreep it would be more than fine by now. Worst case you could just use vaal double strike.

As for what happened to MS, GGG made it so you need to actually hit an enemy to spawn the balls.
Editado por útlima vez por Lirhtim en 4 feb. 2020 11:13:07
Amazing build, still very useful for 3.10 til level 90+. My third cha in POE followed it and made some custumization due to 3.10.

Since two handed passive are no longer in the physical-to-fire jewel range, I abandonned the both node and take projectile node. To recompense the lose of damage, I've taken sword node near Point Blank and a large fire cluster jewel (8 passives, 3 notable, 2 sockets) in the left top area.

Clearing T16 with amazing speed, I do weapon swap and very recently I'm changing my Kaom's Heart to 4L+2L corrupted Loreweave, but still experimenting on gem set. I think a 4L duo totems set should be good, with 2L CWDT + shock wave (using offensive ring set).

I'm still lacking of very good abyssal jewel, so the 4900 life with loreweave isn't that assuring than 6100 life with Kaom. But damage almost double due to additional skill set and elemental damage.

If some one can suggest me a better gem set you are welcome!

EDITED 2020/05/10:

Most of OP's suggestion in 3.6 still perform well now.

Changed my talent, in game tooltips MS dps drop from 100k to 85k, T16 clearing is still very efficient, in tunnel shape map can match my 15 auras friend. 5500 life with loreweave and near 7k with kaom, here are the gears:

Editado por útlima vez por Longanxy en 10 may. 2020 17:53:40
So, since both Flicker Strike and Molten Strike (of the Zenith) got huge buffs and I enjoyed this build a lot back in 3.6, I thought I'd give it another try.

I'm playing ssf, so my gear is very basic and should be reasonably obtainable even when playing casual.

Disclaimer before I waste your time: I am not aiming for some crazy double or tripple digit million dps. I mean: You can scale this to like 25 million dps with 6links, polaric invitation, dying sun and nimis, but at a certain point you probably gotta ask yourself if you wouldn't rather invest into another build that can scale into hundreds of million dps.

So, at lvl 93 with 5links and nothing fancy*, you'll end with about 1.5million flicker dps* and 6 million single target burst dps.

*it's mostly defenses/life/res rares with a tiny bit crafted damage and 19%spellsupp over all gearslots. If you get more spellsuppression/accuracy from the tree or feel like you can go with lower life, you can obviously invest more points into damage, so there's enough room to optimise.
**since we strike 2 additional targets and have splash damage, this should be plenty to clear maps.

On the defensive side we're looking at 95% chance to evade attacks, easy spellsuppression cap (81% from the tree), fortify, endurance charges and a good bunch of armour, resulting in a 20k max physical hit and 95k ehp (with flasks and molten shell up).

Okay, enough talk, here's the PoB I'm going to roll with:

https://pobb.in/bydcH_PuDvcL

It's not a guide but a build sketch and it's pretty much looking good on paper so far but wasn't tested yet.

If you see anything to improve or stuff that won't work well in praxis, please let me know! Also if you have ideas how to increase molten strikes attack speed.
Editado por útlima vez por Firnblut en 26 jul. 2024 6:19:25
"
Firnblut escribió:
So, since both Flicker Strike and Molten Strike (of the Zenith) got huge buffs and I enjoyed this build a lot back in 3.6, I thought I'd give it another try.

I'm playing ssf, so my gear is very basic and should be reasonably obtainable even when playing casual.

Disclaimer before I waste your time: I am not aiming for some crazy double or tripple digit million dps. I mean: You can scale this to like 25 million dps with 6links, polaric invitation, dying sun and nimis, but at a certain point you probably gotta ask yourself if you wouldn't rather invest into another build that can scale into hundreds of million dps.

So, at lvl 93 with 5links and nothing fancy*, you'll end with about 1.5million flicker dps* and 6 million single target burst dps.

*it's mostly defenses/life/res rares with a tiny bit crafted damage and 19%spellsupp over all gearslots. If you get more spellsuppression/accuracy from the tree or feel like you can go with lower life, you can obviously invest more points into damage, so there's enough room to optimise.
**since we strike 2 additional targets and have splash damage, this should be plenty to clear maps.

On the defensive side we're looking at 95% chance to evade attacks, easy spellsuppression cap (81% from the tree), fortify, endurance charges and a good bunch of armour, resulting in a 20k max physical hit and 95k ehp (with flasks and molten shell up).

It's not a guide but a build sketch and it's pretty much looking good on paper so far but wasn't tested yet.

If you see anything to improve or stuff that won't work well in praxis, please let me know! Also if you have ideas how to increase molten strikes attack speed.

here is guide i guess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNGw1NjJ8PA
"
Melanholic7 escribió:
"
Firnblut escribió:

here is guide i guess

Path of Exile Builds is a scam that posts terrible, expensive builds with the aim of selling currency for real money. I would avoid linking to them, generally.
Editado por útlima vez por Aqua_wren en 26 jul. 2024 17:17:17
"
Aqua_wren escribió:

Path of Exile Builds is a scam that posts terrible, expensive builds with the aim of selling currency for real money. I would avoid linking to them, generally.

wait wtf? really??? :xxx But im trying to use this guide this league....T_T i hope i wont fail miserably
Editado por útlima vez por Melanholic7 en 27 jul. 2024 7:21:30
"
Melanholic7 escribió:
"
Aqua_wren escribió:

wait wtf? really??? :xxx But im trying to use this guide this league....T_T i hope i wont fail miserably

Yeah, basically their builds tend to not work great and/or are extremely expensive. And then their website advertises currency for sale with RWT...

So they lure people into spending money to force their builds to work after they've invested time into it.

Honestly if you want to go flicker strike, and it pains me to say this as a Scion lover...

I'd strongly suggest going berserker or slayer. Magefist has a build or two for this league for either, though Slayer is generally considered better.

Probably don't be me and go warden. It's suboptimal albeit pretty solid (by flicker standards) early, I just wanted to play ranger and try out the new ascendancy.

Scion could probably force it, but we're talking mirror levels of expensive, not league starter.

Edit: And standard disclaimer, flicker in general is pretty memey, it's very fun IMO but not for everyone and tends towards extreme fragility especially before you invest into it.
Editado por útlima vez por Aqua_wren en 28 jul. 2024 1:12:52
"
Melanholic7 escribió:
"
Firnblut escribió:
Spoiler

here is guide i guess

Nah. Those are both Ascendent Builds utilising Oro's Sacrifice, but it's two different builds.

One is a low budget precise technique build with no affix pressure at all, the other one is a crit build with multiple uniques to really make it work and high affix pressure for crit, spellsupp and accuracy. Also no true stun immunity isn't what I'd want to work with.
Playing flicker and scion feels miserable so far :( im mostly using good rare pieces with 120+ life and tea and oro and 5l Belly chest; 5500 hp but im still suffering even in low tier maps. Im not touching mechanics even on white raw maps cause im sure I will die. I dunno why its so rippy. Cap red, some armor, lifesteal... white maps??? I can't remember when I had issues here back in days. Maybe only when we had overturned archnemesis.. so weird.
Im not using post build cause it says super outdated, but anyway im using kinda basic tree I guess or links.
Editado por útlima vez por Melanholic7 en 30 jul. 2024 22:30:25
Your profile doesn't show any character. I'd guess you don't have enough defensive layers (endurance charges, evasion, fortify, etc).

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional