[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
red_foxie escribió:
Hello,

first of all, very fun build, I love gameplay!
I have two problems tho. I use 'deep delve' setup, doing t12-t15 maps and delves around 265. My character is WhisperingScorche, lvl 92. I start using it after I couldn't get past 260 without not dying.

1) I die sometimes in high tier map and in delve 265+, especcialy vs many trash mobs or getting one hitted (my guess on death effects). I have ok gear, so I guess it's just me being bad? Truth be told I don't have the greatest mechanics in poe and often I manually dodge a bit too late. Also I don't often recognize what I can tank and what I cannot. How to l2p?

2) What should I upgrade first? It's hard for me to find better gear than I have and manage high intelligence and resists in my budget. Also, I often see that I must chose between higher dps and higher ES. Now I have 1724 int and 9243 ES (7954 without discipline).

Any advice?

Check your stats. Make sure your Str is higher than your Dex, otherwise Turongs can wreck you with their 100% MORE damage Ignites that feel almost like 1-shots (you die in 0.5 sec).

When you see a pack of tiny bugs rushing you - move. You can get 1-shot when they all explode at your feet.

Upgrades:
1. Watcher's Eye with ES gain on hit.
2. Replace Izaro's with rare jewels that have Int, not just pure damage.
3. Your boots are weak, need more Int and ES. If you can still max your resists.
Thanks a lot, I will look into it!

Edit: I fixed my flasks and jewels and the difference is huge. I underestimated ES on hit. Vaal discipline is really nice too. When I earn bit more currency, I'll look into boots. Thanks guys!
Editado por útlima vez por red_foxie en 30 oct. 2018 6:57:04
Hi all

I've been playing this build for a while now and have overall been happy with it.
I have however decided, that the gameplay irritates me a bit - it's mainly because I find the "delay" from starting your scorching ray channel to the ice storm hits the enemy mobs annoying. I find myself slow when mapping, particularly when playing with friends, but also vulnerable to kills during this delay.

I am one level from being able to use my Watcher's Eye with ES on hit and I realize that might remove my feeling of vulnerability. It doesn't change to pace of gameplay however.

I do however like the CI playstyle and was wondering if anyone knows of a build with slightly higher pace, that works with CI and is based off of high int? Would love to keep my cyclopean coil which I just managed to corrupt a few days ago.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)
Editado por útlima vez por NoImagination en 1 nov. 2018 4:37:26
hey everyone,

I do not post much on the forums, but I've read every single page of this thread. Wanted to try this build out for a few months, and decided to give it a shot in delve. And honestly, I am having a blast. It is slow indeed, but it also promotes a chill, layed back playstile which is perfect for a filthy casual such as myself (playing a couple of hours/day with days off every now and then due to RL obligations).
It's a perfect league starter as it does not require a 6L, and it basically destroys all content I've tried so far. The only gripe I have about this build is that it melts content so easily, that I cannot even test the current limits of my gear in the highest content (shaper/red elder and such) because gear progression with a rather cheap CI build (compared to others) is faster that getting access to the highest tier of content :)
Currently casually flowing through the mine in the early 200s, I feel almost immortal thanks to the ES gain on hit watchers eye.

Huge thanks to Kelvynn for coming up with this build, maintaining it and giving advice on the forums. It helps a lot, especially for people
like me who don't interact much in here.

Lastly my gear, upgrade recommendations are welcome. Currently at 1835 int and 9k ES.

It's probably most effective to either save for a 1% damage per 15 int & 12% attrib amulet, or to start trying to corrupt 14%+ belts from here.
Editado por útlima vez por NoImagination en 2 nov. 2018 11:10:53
A 16% 3 Rats Talisman would be a cheaper, interim upgrade before you get NoImagination's suggested amulet.
"
Graiaule escribió:
A 16% 3 Rats Talisman would be a cheaper, interim upgrade before you get NoImagination's suggested amulet.

I'm highly doubt it.
Those talisman inherently corrupted, so it's really hard to get needed suffixes, if not just by luck when it dropped.
Also, you can't reroll implicit cheaply with blessed orb, so having 16% is also questionable.

Shaper amulet with increased attributes (without damage on int) would be cheaper for sure.

Those talismans should be considered only as "i randomly stumbled on good price amulet, so i'm using it".
Their "supply and demand" is way too unstable to be considered as recommended option, but worth considering.

Finally crafted the helm I wanted, a bit lower on ES than previous one but it's fine I think
"
Med1umentor escribió:

I highly doubt it.

Shaper amulet with increased attributes (without damage on int) would be cheaper for sure.

Those talismans should be considered only as "i randomly stumbled on good price amulet, so i'm using it".

Their "supply and demand" is way too unstable to be considered as recommended option, but worth considering.

Well, I've been able to buy these talismans for at least the last three leagues, and they typically are very cheap. I got that one for around 5 chaos. Of course now that everyone knows about them, next league might not be so good...

A shaper amulet is limited to 12% increased attributes, though you do have more control over the rest of the affixes. And they were always more expensive than the talismans.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional