[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

We've had a couple of these lately: if you assert that remaking the entire build is a good idea, you need to show how. Saying 'isn't it better to just go scorching ray?' isn't a useful contribution.
Not sure if that comment was meant for my CI question. I am new to the game, and literally following guides with no real understanding of some of the more intricate build details. my profile is public (aldenier / darqcrystal) - I currently am L70 with 2k life and 2k es. Often my ES is drained and I take damage, but I don't die, HP giving me time to recover. I am not eager to give up 2k life for Chaos immunity without understanding why. It was an honest question to learn, not undermining the build or whatever.
"
Aldenier escribió:
I currently am L70 with 2k life and 2k es. Often my ES is drained and I take damage, but I don't die, HP giving me time to recover. I am not eager to give up 2k life for Chaos immunity without understanding why.

1. We level up with both life and es, and use life flasks to stay alive.
2. Typically, after we finish act 10 and get hit with the additional lowered resistances, we go ahead and upgrade a bunch of slots.
3. We focus on intelligence, ES, and resists for these upgrades.
4. At that point, we're typically in the 4-5k ES range.
5. ES will recharge by itself without needing flasks. Having Vaal Discipline as an emergency ES recharge is a good idea, anyway.
6. And, finally, your ES is draining because your leeching is going to life, not ES. When you switch to CI and Ghost Reaver, your ES will stay up nicely.

It's a lot easier to get 10k ES than 10k life. So you're effectively healthier with ES (as long as your leech applies to ES.)

currently with these items, I want to sell all of them together for a fair market price ( all the jewels included.

PM me here or In Game. TY!
"
Aldenier escribió:
Not sure if that comment was meant for my CI question. I am new to the game, and literally following guides with no real understanding of some of the more intricate build details. my profile is public (aldenier / darqcrystal) - I currently am L70 with 2k life and 2k es. Often my ES is drained and I take damage, but I don't die, HP giving me time to recover. I am not eager to give up 2k life for Chaos immunity without understanding why. It was an honest question to learn, not undermining the build or whatever.

Fair enough. If I swap my chest for Shavronne's Wrappings, I lose 204 int, 4k ES, and 11.4% DPS. In return, I gain 1,587 life and one passive point. It's nowhere near being worthwhile.
wow

4 day away from pc for work and whoops kel has 40 challenges.

Grats man!!!

I fear i dont get 36 this league what normaly is my goal. some of the challenges need so much luck and affort that i cant bring this.

Thanks for helping me this league also with this incredible guide and the great community in this thread.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
NoImagination escribió:
Also, I said a while ago that 15k ES must be possible this league. Pff, only 15?

Hmm... Have you tried facetanking Uber Elder with this? I mean, just stand in the middle, don't move and eat the Shaper barrages. PoI, Yugul, 5 Sapphire flasks. I wonder if 16k ES would make it finally possible.

You can facetank during portal phase, but I find it too hard to keep enough ice storm going to give me enough hits to tank the other phases.
"
NoImagination escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Hmm... Have you tried facetanking Uber Elder with this? I mean, just stand in the middle, don't move and eat the Shaper barrages. PoI, Yugul, 5 Sapphire flasks. I wonder if 16k ES would make it finally possible.

You can facetank during portal phase, but I find it too hard to keep enough ice storm going to give me enough hits to tank the other phases.

With my 11.5k ES and 53% leech cap I can facetank everything except one mechanic: when the Elder does his Siphon thing, he slows me by 80% and I can't maintain enough Icestorms to leech through the Shaper barrages anymore. But other than that, I've gotten through half of the fight just standing in the center and spam casting on anything that's not invulnerable.

Too bad that Kaom's Roots cost way too much ES (and sockets). Slow immunity could make this possible.
Hello,

first of all, very fun build, I love gameplay!
I have two problems tho. I use 'deep delve' setup, doing t12-t15 maps and delves around 265. My character is WhisperingScorche, lvl 92. I start using it after I couldn't get past 260 without not dying.

1) I die sometimes in high tier map and in delve 265+, especcialy vs many trash mobs or getting one hitted (my guess on death effects). I have ok gear, so I guess it's just me being bad? Truth be told I don't have the greatest mechanics in poe and often I manually dodge a bit too late. Also I don't often recognize what I can tank and what I cannot. How to l2p?

2) What should I upgrade first? It's hard for me to find better gear than I have and manage high intelligence and resists in my budget. Also, I often see that I must chose between higher dps and higher ES. Now I have 1724 int and 9243 ES (7954 without discipline).

Any advice?
Editado por útlima vez por red_foxie en 29 oct. 2018 16:00:16
Do you have a Watcher's Eye yet? #ES on hit is incredibly strong for us.

Flasks are important. I very often run into the middle of packs because I'm dumb. If I hit 1-2-3 immediately, I just won't die. We aren't really meant to dodge, we're meant to facetank most things, but obviously the more you play, the fewer things you'll die to.

Normally it's better to improve DPS than ES because it's much harder to throw money at the problem for DPS. The number one priority is to have capped resists though. You can pick some up from the tree, e.g. Faith and Steel if need be.

It's better to have blind on the chest, then combustion on flame dash/orb of storms/arcane surge, it should keep you alive longer.

Vaal Discipline is a big upgrade on regular Discipline. It's like an annoying-to-use life flask.

I should imagine the next best upgrade will be boots.
Editado por útlima vez por NoImagination en 29 oct. 2018 16:57:49

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional