[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Hey man, how does the build feel when delving? Is it too slow or is it okay? My biggest concern since u have to ramp up the damage, i'd die to those delve mobs that jump at you from all sides.

It depends on your definition of 'slow'. This is not a build that instantly explodes everything on the screen. The T16 mapping video in the top post is how the build feels at 200+ depth in Delve.
Speaking of Delve crafting... Here's that new Delve mod, 9% fire pen:

Scorched Fossil can be found in the magma areas (or just bought, it's cheap).
"
Kelvynn escribió:

It's not exactly the penetration though, but close enough.

By the way, how did you crafted yours? I mean what number of sockets resonators were used? I crafted mine chaos equivalent with 1 slot, but well, obviously it's god awful, and looking on yours, is it really just RNG, or is it some good method?
I was trying to craft a helm with dense + scorched in a 2 slot chaotic res, got some with good ES and that -res but no int so no good. I have to say, that chaotic res is consistent in rolling high tier mods.
"
Med1umentor escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:

It's not exactly the penetration though, but close enough.

By the way, how did you crafted yours? I mean what number of sockets resonators were used? I crafted mine chaos equivalent with 1 slot, but well, obviously it's god awful, and looking on yours, is it really just RNG, or is it some good method?

There are no res-capped enemies of any importance, except T16 bosses with +40% all res map mod (and those have 80% res). So for all intents and purposes, this is the same as fire pen.

I didn't craft that helmet myself, but I had similar results with 3-slot resonators: Scorched + Dense + Sanctified. I only tried several times myself. But it looks very promising. ZiggyD has a nice video explaining how to farm fossils at super easy low depths. And 3-slot resonators are common enough at 200+ depth (not sure where they start dropping, probably don't need to go that deep). I haven't found any 4-slot ones yet, maybe at 300+. But 3 seems fine.

"
lkainn escribió:
I was trying to craft a helm with dense + scorched in a 2 slot chaotic res, got some with good ES and that -res but no int so no good. I have to say, that chaotic res is consistent in rolling high tier mods.

That's why it's worth it to spend some time in low level delves and farm some Sanctified fossils too.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 10 sept. 2018 15:44:52
today i found my first 4socket. sold for 30c some hours ago, i dropped it with my lvl 40~ scion at ~30 delve depth. but i guess that was huge luck, cause with my main at 100+ i havent dropped any yet. just saying, they might be more common as deeper as it goes. but for sure you dont need 300+ to see your first.

also about the penetration section, not sure if i get it right but.. from what i read, i understand that the more resistance the boss has, the more damage it will get with -59 res?(just because that's the formula? i need to review it again and see if i can understand it better :/
Editado por útlima vez por Zafis en 11 sept. 2018 3:53:53
missclick a reply on my self... sry about that
Editado por útlima vez por Zafis en 11 sept. 2018 3:53:17
"
Zafis escribió:
today i found my first 4socket. sold for 30c some hours ago, i dropped it with my lvl 40~ scion at ~30 delve depth. but i guess that was huge luck, cause with my main at 100+ i havent dropped any yet. just saying, they might be more common as deeper as it goes. but for sure you dont need 300+ to see your first.

also about the penetration section, not sure if i get it right but.. from what i read, i understand that the more resistance the boss has, the more damage it will get with -59 res?(just because that's the formula? i need to review it again and see if i can understand it better :/

Right, the order is:
1) applied -res debuffs
2) applied resistance cap of the monster (75%)
3) applied penetration (there is no negative cap of resistance)

Meaning that if for example monster have 85% of his own res, then debuff of -10% res will not do anything at all, but penetration is always count after res cap, so it's always effective.
In short, in theory there is difference between -res debuffs and penetration, but in reality, there is almost no situations of such absurd resistance over the cap, that it would actually matter.

And about your question, obviously it's the same for almost every mechanic in poe (except "more" modificators), "every next upgrade of the same number as previous will give you lesser profit".

for example, if we have "100% increase spell damage", it will double our damage. But if we add another "100% increase spell damage", it will boost our resulting damage only by 50% (100%+100%=200%, but 200%+100%=300%, and not 400%)
For penetration it's about how resistance work. If monster have 75% res, then we deal only 25% of damage. It means that adding only 25% of penetration will give us whooping double damage (75%-25%=50%). And if resisstance of the monster is already 0%, we need 100% additional penetration to reach same "double damage"
"
Med1umentor escribió:
"
ChickyWaWa escribió:
Not sure this question already being asked or not, but anyway... is Mind Over Matter a good option if I am straggling to boost my ES? My ES currently is 5.5k, a bit too low I guess?

Mind over matter protecting only life, not ES. So, for CI character it doesn't do anything at all.

Alright thanks for the info. :)
I've done a whole bunch of resonator/fossil farming at different depths following ZiggyD's guide. Looks like the resonators are just like any other currency. They all can drop from anything, but higher lv mobs are more likely to drop more rare currency. You can get an exalt in low level content. 4-socket resonator is that exalt. 3-socket is like a chaos orb. Etc. Mobs become lv 83 at depth 270. Consider that T16, and there is nothing higher there. After that there is no further increases in the quality of drops.

And a side note: Watcher's Eye has an even bigger QoL bonus for fossil farming than for mapping! Enemies in darkness are invulnerable to damage, but they can be hit. At low depths (below 200) they can't really hurt you. It looks like they are actually blind and can't see in the darkness. You get hit a whole lot less often in the dark than normally.

Cast Icestorm on them, Flame Dash past them and get the stuff in the side rooms. ES gain on hit will easily outheal the darkness. You don't even need flares. I've been running around with 100+ stacks of darkness on me grabbing fossils/resonators/currency like a champ! :)
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 11 sept. 2018 18:57:41

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional