[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

"
Meru84 escribió:
Muirey, you and this build are gonna be famous!
Liftingnerdbro mentions both in his last video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_ByvfCaphg&t=238s

Ah that's really nice of him! Good thing someone asked for videos so I had the material for him to use heh.

"
JHawkins escribió:
Will we get a updated PoB link soon?

I was going to hold off on PoB until the gems are actually put into the data base. Adding them onto a gem or something like that 'kinda' works and I can show you a PoB with the tree and 1 gem with the newer buffs but I prefer doing it after the real numbers are in PoB.

This PoB HERE:"https://pastebin.com/z9f1h9ef" is with Bleeds_for_all current gear. The only thing I've added is the new physical damage from cyclone and the 20% attack speed from Bane of Legends(it's on the watcher's eye). Everything else is 3.6 values, including skill gem links an so on. If you want to go crazy and add in more, have fun with it! :p

Editado por útlima vez por Muirey en 7 jun. 2019 11:41:52
Thanks for the fast response, ill just use the other links til you get around to update the PoB stuff then. :)
Build looks cool AF, will be running in SSF for legion. Crit looks dope but I will wait until I've reached endgame or after people have ran it with success.
I'm curious to see the numbers on the support gems. Fortify on Cyclone sounds good so that I'm not constantly having to Leap to reapply it, but if the more multi is small, maybe I still stick with getting it from Leap anyway (maybe with Increased Duration).

Close Combat only works with Swords and Axes, which seems fine since I've seen no one attempting anything else. Proximity seems fine for us (we even get that with Impact ascendancy node), but how big is the multi?

Maim was the smallest multi before, but it did technically come with two multis. Using Bonechill on a secondary skill replaces the "enemy takes increased" multi from Maim support, but the next smallest multi is Hypothermia. Non-crit builds need the 10% freeze, so that's probably off the table, but for a crit build, I would certainly replace it for a support with larger multi.

It'll be interesting to figure out the ideal 6 link for us, if there even is one setup that is better than the rest.
definately will be going this as my leaguestart, just gotta tinker with what support gems to go with i guess, infused channeling is juicy for more defence, fortify etc.

Would it be worth going for impale nodes?
Just a friendly reminder cycloneers, Multistrike and Ruthless will not support channeling skills, so no to these supports! But hey, we got a plethora of options to test out like Pulverize, Shockwave, Close Combat and hell, even Infused Channeling!

(as we got more pages on this thread I couldn't find these observations!)
"
JHawkins escribió:
Thanks for the fast response, ill just use the other links til you get around to update the PoB stuff then. :)

Not a problem, I try to keep tabs on my guides for the first month or so of new league to help answer questions quickly for people. It's always the best place to ask a question.

"
Smurfkiller9000 escribió:
Build looks cool AF, will be running in SSF for legion. Crit looks dope but I will wait until I've reached endgame or after people have ran it with success.

Sounds good! Technically you could go crit swords without overwhelm and still use bane of legends / brutal fervour totally fine. Issue with going sword before was the lack of crit in the bottom mid / left side of the tree. They pretty much fixed that now. Something like this:www.poeurl.com/cpNY for example.

"
fiendishnature_ escribió:
I'm curious to see the numbers on the support gems. Fortify on Cyclone sounds good so that I'm not constantly having to Leap to reapply it, but if the more multi is small, maybe I still stick with getting it from Leap anyway (maybe with Increased Duration).

Close Combat only works with Swords and Axes, which seems fine since I've seen no one attempting anything else. Proximity seems fine for us (we even get that with Impact ascendancy node), but how big is the multi?

Maim was the smallest multi before, but it did technically come with two multis. Using Bonechill on a secondary skill replaces the "enemy takes increased" multi from Maim support, but the next smallest multi is Hypothermia. Non-crit builds need the 10% freeze, so that's probably off the table, but for a crit build, I would certainly replace it for a support with larger multi.

It'll be interesting to figure out the ideal 6 link for us, if there even is one setup that is better than the rest.

I think it's safe to say maim will be gone. I think infused channeling will be added to the 6link setup. It has a bigger more multi than fortify so you can have constant infused buff giving more damage and reduced damage in addition to fortify on leap. Crafting a beefy Elder axe with fortify built in for a 7 link may edge out the +2 gems on disfavour. Will be fun to see!

"
MrYamamoto escribió:
definately will be going this as my leaguestart, just gotta tinker with what support gems to go with i guess, infused channeling is juicy for more defence, fortify etc.

Would it be worth going for impale nodes?

I plan on using infused channeling personally and keeping fortify in leap slam setup. Impale could be fun to play around with, I don't know yet honestly. I'm very interested in rage support for flat phys AND using berserk for all the buffs that come along with it.

"
PerfectBlueX escribió:
Just a friendly reminder cycloneers, Multistrike and Ruthless will not support channeling skills, so no to these supports! But hey, we got a plethora of options to test out like Pulverize, Shockwave, Close Combat and hell, even Infused Channeling!

(as we got more pages on this thread I couldn't find these observations!)

Correct, still don't get multistrike and ruthless (ah how I remember you ruthless cyclone).
Editado por útlima vez por Muirey en 7 jun. 2019 14:41:21
Nice build, great job. I have been tinkering with the idea to go something similar: changing a pure phys into a cold skill since I love freezing stuff. Ever since I started to have such thoughts I always imagined a dual wield crit build because of block chance and those rare jewelled foils. But now I am not so sure. On one hand it is nice to have block chance as an additional layer of defence, especially since GGG seemed to buff the nodes on the tree, on the other hand there is some sacrifice on the damage side when compared to two-handed weapons.

Do you think that a dual wield crit build is viable for a similar freezing cyclone build?
Do you think that a staff build can be viable where we have block chance for the extra layer of defence?
"
SeaSkipper escribió:
Nice build, great job. I have been tinkering with the idea to go something similar: changing a pure phys into a cold skill since I love freezing stuff. Ever since I started to have such thoughts I always imagined a dual wield crit build because of block chance and those rare jewelled foils. But now I am not so sure. On one hand it is nice to have block chance as an additional layer of defence, especially since GGG seemed to buff the nodes on the tree, on the other hand there is some sacrifice on the damage side when compared to two-handed weapons.

Do you think that a dual wield crit build is viable for a similar freezing cyclone build?
Do you think that a staff build can be viable where we have block chance for the extra layer of defence?

There used to be a one hand cold cyclone build on the forums but I can't find it now to link it unfortunately.

Personally I have never tried to understand or use block in PoE so I'm not the person to ask. Dual weild crit version of this build would work perfectly fine.

I'm sure there will be some pros/cons to it compared to 2hand but it's all about what you're trying to achieve. It really doesn't take much to farm t16 maps these days(or shaper for that matter), it's really only when you start trying to become an uber elder farmer(or something very specific like that, deep delver for example) that your build needs to be on point.

As far as a staff version? Doable but tough with a slayer start. Staff specific nodes are way up by templar which is quite the hike.
Editado por útlima vez por Muirey en 7 jun. 2019 14:52:56
Impale isn't for this build, nor is the new Pride aura. Both of those scale based on physical damage dealt, and we deal cold damage , not physical.

Increasing physical with increases and multipliers is fine because it applies before conversion. Anything that cares about physical damage dealt (Impale, Bleed, Vulnerability) doesn't do anything for us.

Anyways, it looks like Close Combat is a 59% more multi, which seems best in slot for any close range melee build using an axe or sword.

Since I'm going Sword + crit, I think my 6L will be:

Cyclone, Melee Physical Damage, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Infused Channeling, Close Combat, Damage on Full Life

Damage on Full Life is questionable since it doesn't have a 100% uptime, but it's a 49% multiplier, so it's pretty hard to beat. Hypothermia provides freeze chance, but feels anemic compared to everything else since it's only a 39% more multi.

Fortify is a 34% more multi, so I'll be leaving it on Leap Slam for now.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional