[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

Do I need a 6 link terminus if I have it 4 linked and use a 6 link chest piece instead? The terminus has a 75% roll on the crit I just cannot fathom being able to afford a six link variant.
No, 1 x 6L item is enough.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
How is everyone handling survivibility issues?

It seems the moment I lose momentum or start flickering too much in a cluster I'm getting ripped up.

Holding off on this guy for a bit until I can get more gear and get a 5 link on my terminus. Figure an atziri's promise and fortify support will help once I get them.

I generally dont have frenzy issues as I roll frenzy as a secondary attack. It hits very hard so I don't lose anything by smacking bosses a couple of times to refuel before bouncing around again.
Hi all,

Today, I gave up on my Terminus Est flicker character. Would anyone like to buy my stuff? I have a good Terminus Est (75% +crit chance), a good Starkonja's (+100 health), a good Abyssus (+40% flicker strike damage enchant), Maligaro's virtuosity with a decent enchant, decent Kintsugi (+80 health), and some other rares with health + resists on them.

If you'd like to buy, I'd be happy to sell. In any case, stuff is on poe.trade, willing to negotiate prices if you feel they are unfair (tbh, I got scammed for the Abyssus, paid 180c when it was worth MUCH less).

Overall feeling regarding build:

1) NOT a budget build; Atziri's Acuity + Kaom's Heart (or at least Belly of the Beast) is necessary for doing T11 bosses and up

2) damage is not spectacular, and is made even worse by lack of control (jumping around is fun, but not so great when you want to do Vorici missions, or Atziri), so requires switching gems, which is boring to me

3) one of the supposed inbuilt defenses of the build is the constant movement, but to be honest, that's worthless against bosses, especially when you can't even use flicker against them, but even when you can; there is a total lack of other defenses to compensate

4) there are safer, higher DPS builds out there, maybe even one for flicker strike, but this is not the one

Feel free to whisper me: IGN SoulSpun
"
SoulTouched escribió:
Hi all,

Today, I gave up on my Terminus Est flicker character. Would anyone like to buy my stuff? I have a good Terminus Est (75% +crit chance), a good Starkonja's (+100 health), a good Abyssus (+40% flicker strike damage enchant), Maligaro's virtuosity with a decent enchant, decent Kintsugi (+80 health), and some other rares with health + resists on them.

Hey, I'm intrested in buying your stuff (not all because I'm noob and poor).

IGN: Sentomaru

Thanks
I'm done with terminus est, damage is too low. Swapping to Kitava's feast and speccing out of melee splash slayer ascendancy.
"
gardian90 escribió:
I'm done with terminus est, damage is too low. Swapping to Kitava's feast and speccing out of melee splash slayer ascendancy.

Too low as in? mob clear or boss fights? or sustainability?
"
Molochmane escribió:
"
gardian90 escribió:

Mob clear is fine, it's boss fights that suck. But literally any build can do mob clear, that's not hard at all
"
Molochmane escribió:
"
gardian90 escribió:

Sustainability for perma-flicker is fine with one or two mana leech nodes. Mob clear is great. Boss fight is trash, not because of sustainability, but because of lack of defenses to cope with major hits which you will inevitably eat because of flickering uncontrollably, if you are using flicker, and which you will definitely eat if you are switching to Viper Strike for a bit. Note that I am not even talking about ONE shots. I am simply talking about major hits. That's why Atziri's Acuity is so crucial: we don't have Vaal Pact, so we desperately need something to help offset big hits right away since we don't have any other major defenses.

We don't do SO MUCH damage that a boss dies right away, so that indirect form of "defense" (even though that's a pretty weak defense), is not available.

Our life leech is okay but not enough (even with brutal fervour) because it isn't supported by the tree, so it just isn't speedy enough. Again, that's why Atziri's Acuity is needed so badly for the insta-leech. Same with evasion --- not supported by the tree. Armour is trash in general, so I don't care about that. 30% dodge due to Phase Acrobatics is not really that significant, since the probability of eating a big shot is still significant (at least around 60%, assuming you have some bonuses from gear), and some bosses have decently high attack speed (e.g. T12 Chateau corrupted bosses).

One reason why mob clear is fine is because it is VERY easy to re-fill flasks; for boss fights, sometimes there are no trash mobs to eat while killing the boss, and you can often run into issues as your life flask runs out.

There is some damage mitigation due to Fortify/Arctic Armour/(sometimes some Pantheon powers), but once you are getting to T12 and stuff, that mitigation isn't enough unless you have a big enough life pool. This is where Kaom's Heart (and Atziri's Acuity) starts to become absolutely crucial. Note that because damage starts to become shit at around T11/T12 bosses, Abyssus becomes very important, and Abyssus makes you take at least 40% extra physical damage, which basically nullifies any bonus from Fortiy/Arctic Armour.

There are builds that can do content all the way up to Shaper on cheaper gear (have a look at some of the Cyclone+Slayer builds in this forum), which can then be optimized even further. It is better to take a build like that, and once you can afford Atziri's Acuity/Kaom's Heart, you can try out something like Terminus Est flicker.
Yeah I'm with SoulTouched on this one. But this build was for sure amazing for a league starter.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional